• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreaming is nice, and all, but still... A little bit of reality check.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Ever had a feeling that most of what we read on Internet, regarding games, and this hobby, are just random, empty promises, and most of that is simply too good to be true, not to mention, we simply can't have nice things.

- Metal Gear series is dead, and Metal Gear Solid Remake isn't in development

- there will be no new Silent Hill games of any kind

- Chrono games as well

- 99.9% of Sony exclusive will not be ported to PC

- Lara will never again wear short shorts

- Final Fantasy XVI will probably be a very good entry, but really, more Final Fantasy VII Remake is what most people will want when it comes to FF

- PlayStation 5 supporting PS1-PS3 properly is as probable as chimpanzee reverse engineering Bloodborne to work on PC

- NFTs are (dark) future, like it, or not

- gaming doesn't matter anymore, clicks do
Lmao the bolded sounds more like wishful thinking on your end? Scared that other people will get to play your sacred exclusives?

Ebidramon

Banned
Lmao the bolded sounds more like wishful thinking on your end? Scared that other people will get to play your sacred exclusives?
Believe me, no one would like more than myself for all those rumors to be true, but experience has taught me that wishful thinking only leads to dissapointment.

99.9%? So the next several thousand Playstation games won't get put on PC? Will Playstation even exist as a brand long enough for that prediction to be possible?

Notabueno

Banned
You are unfortunately right on most of those, at the exception of NFTs...this is too unpractical, expensive and polluting of a technology, something way more efficient will eventually come.

FranXico

Vine Ok GIF

Ever had a feeling that most of what we read on Internet, regarding games, and this hobby, are just random, empty promises, and most of that is simply too good to be true, not to mention, we simply can't have nice things.

- Metal Gear series is dead, and Metal Gear Solid Remake isn't in development

- there will be no new Silent Hill games of any kind

- Chrono games as well

- Lara will never again wear short shorts

- Final Fantasy XVI will probably be a very good entry, but really, more Final Fantasy VII Remake is what most people will want when it comes to FF

- PlayStation 5 supporting PS1-PS3 properly is as probable as chimpanzee reverse engineering Bloodborne to work on PC

- NFTs are (dark) future, like it, or not

- gaming doesn't matter anymore, clicks do

Gaming lost its soul and charm awhile ago, and the current shit they coming with is just predatory in nature (micro transactions, etc). Which leads to people feeling short changed all the time when these new releases which are hyped up consistently fail to meet expectations. Some games even launch straight up broken (in these cases they should be delaying the game).

You see glimpses of good games every now and again from passionate developers, but these days the agenda is maximize profits however possible. Not to say that videogames wasnt a business before (businesses first and foremost exist to make money), but its evident how corporate and soul-less its become. You have suits flocking to the industry cause there is money to be made, but they dont care about the product, only the bottom line. Shit is turning into hollywood.

There is also probably a prevailing sense of high expectations the higher they push the price per game, but its a joke how some games take 5+ years to be delivered.. and then you get it and you start to wonder where all the time was spent/why it took so long, because the end thing is just.. not good. It's hard to be great, understandably, and other factors in the market (trends, etc) also affect how the shit is fed to consumers.

The bar for graphic quality is quite high at this point, but I find most games and even movies these days are not conceptualized well from a gameplay perspective, or the stories arent written well imo (of course there are outlier cases of brilliance sometimes). In general i find most gameplay to be pretty recycled at this point, and often times were left with a pretty shell of a game with a $100 price tag that's hardly worth its price.

The problem with anything creative is that once you start doing things with the sole intent to maximize profits, you're no longer placing the right emphasis on the things the consumer actually cares about.. a lot of people are OK with settling for less than great (terrible mindset), but that's also a part of the problem. You choose with your wallet when it's set up like this - businesses go where the money go, so don't enable or settle for bullshit.

Last edited:

yurqqa

You need to repeat you math classes again.

I don;t remember exactly how many Sony exclusives are on PC right now, but let's say at least 3.

So for 99,9% to be still exclusive, Sony has to have 3000 exclusive games.

Even 90 % is too much, but 99,9% is definitely an overkill.

Rykan

There absolutely will be a Metal Gear Remake. Even if it's not under active development right now, It is certainly happening. Remakes are incredibly successful and with the game being as iconic as it is, there is no way it is not happening at one point.

There is also going to be a new Silent Hill. It may not be the type SH fans want, sure, but its definitely happening. There is no other reason why Konami would specifically start a partnership with Blooper of all devs.

Last edited:

Tschumi

You're right >shrug< i miss when the forum was mostly nostalgia and rankings threads, all this news and rumour really chaps my ass. I dunno if it ever was mostly nostalgia and rankings threads.

Top Bottom