• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreams |OT| A World Of Pure Imagination

If there are any creators here that want to get involved with this project you can join in with our first community challenge.

Create a sci-fi medical instrument and upload it as a remixable element and tag #ProjectFool. We’ll show of all entries on a stream and our favourite will feature in a teaser trailer for the game.

Last edited:
I leave Dreams for a few months and it's shockful of great new stuff. Just in VR alone I've been mind-blown by Roadstar 1 and 2, top racing in the really good looking detailed landscapes of IansaneArtist, Dream Knight is kind of a Zelda FP with some very good swordfighting.

But flat is always where it is at and omg, Lock is so damn good! It's a top puzzler in the Myst, The Witness tradition. Beautiful, cryptic and mind-blowing.

And it all looks so good, like creators are getting to grips with what's really capable of.

Last edited:
if you want to be immediately impressed by Dreams, check creations by users BadRobo82, Chris_RedWalker6 and Sparten__X53. It's like seeing Crysis for the first time.

many other dreams creators are as skillful, but these guys have a penchant for creating amazingly realistic fantasy landscapes and put us to explore them in some crazy narratives

top stuff, never fails to amaze me

all in all, I pity the fools who are missing Dreams

Last edited:
back to dreams, always a great time. Besides revisiting some old greats with updates, just learned of a top one called Pig Detective, which is a totally great and incredibly polished humorous gumshoe point-n-click adventure in best Sam and Max style. How can something this polished already be in the third installment and I never saw it?!

Dreams, NMS and psvr are among the best things to come out of PS4 and are usually all equally ignored. Blows my mind...

back to dreams, always a great time. Besides revisiting some old greats with updates, just learned of a top one called Pig Detective, which is a totally great and incredibly polished humorous gumshoe point-n-click adventure in best Sam and Max style. How can something this polished already be in the third installment and I never saw it?!

Dreams, NMS and psvr are among the best things to come out of PS4 and are usually all equally ignored. Blows my mind...
Btw, I went to play Pig Detective 1 and it was quite short, a 15-minute experience. But 2 took me well over an hour - very cool either way, consistently witty dialogues and some interesting puzzles and interactive parts. It feels very much like a classic point-n-click adventure.

3 looks like the most polished of the bunch, starting over right now.

edit: captured the delightful first hour, but about overdue and the great initial screen was lost

Last edited:
I love how you can compose a 3D painting like this and reuse assets in completely different and surprising ways...

when will Dreams come out of its niche place as a "console game" and go to pc to really become the amazing authoring tool and game engine it deserves?

this Mortal Kombat 1 remake in Dreams was just so good! Good in the best trash possible way, I think he's gone for the real feel of the game back then: trashy and still awesome. The controls, the visuals are remarkably accurate (and the sounds straight samples), though it's a lot more floaty, the action can go completely off-camera, animations can go wonky... it's seriously trashy and great. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

some people claim Dreams is a nightmare to work with, but this guy has singlehandedly brought to Dreams MK, Outrun and lots of others, including a small Halo experience, also available in VR:

I knew him before Dreams, he used to be a psvr streamer and because he lives in Australia he was streaming games before they released in the West :messenger_tears_of_joy:

What's up y'all? I wanted to share a Dream I put a lot of time into here. It's a smash brothers clone based off the original prototype.

Here's a short video.

Please let me know your thoughts on the gameplay if you get a chance to play it!

Top Bottom