• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DriveClub - an 8th Gen Wonder that needs a PS5 patch...

Tommi84

From what i read online PC2 is much better than 3, even looks better too. Project cars 3 is basically the black sheep of the series.
The biggest problem with PC3 is that... it's named PC3. If it was something totally different, then it's a pretty decent car game with more arcade'y feel into it. Yes, it looks awful at times, but if you want arcade and don't want to invest in GT, then PC3 is one way to go.

Guilty_AI

but if you want arcade and don't want to invest in GT, then PC3 is one way to go.
I'd argue if one is going for a closed circuit racing game anyway, an arcade one or a sim with lots of assistances turned on (and a decent carrer mode) wouldn't be too different.

Last edited:
They could remaster it for PS5. Hell maybe even keep it at 30fps. Just make it a graphics whore.

Or even a lazy 20$ PS5 upgrade and let the complainers bitch. Or make it exclusive to PS+ Premium for 4 months. And also let the complainers bitch.

Add lazy ports or non lazy remasters of all the games stuck on PS3 streaming. Folklore, Resistance series, Ratchet and Clank Series, Sly Cooper Series, etc.

Get your money Sony. You can boast about a huge PS+ Premium library if you port like crazy.
Probably not, the game has a bunch of licenses that expired. From music to cars, everything is licensed, so there is little to no interest from Sony to get it back on running with a remake or PS5 update.

Kerotan

Why did they delist it?

I redownloaded recently after the video DF did on Evolution and realised I never finished the elite levels. I was level 16. So I spent the week getting up to elite level 24 I think it was . Whatever the last car level is because I'd no interest in the bike ones.

But what a blast. I still don't get why they can't sell the game and DLC. It works minus the online.

ParaSeoul

Why did they delist it?

I redownloaded recently after the video DF did on Evolution and realised I never finished the elite levels. I was level 16. So I spent the week getting up to elite level 24 I think it was . Whatever the last car level is because I'd no interest in the bike ones.

But what a blast. I still don't get why they can't sell the game and DLC. It works minus the online.
Either because Evolution left or it being available made Yamauchi too mad.

They could remaster it for PS5. Hell maybe even keep it at 30fps. Just make it a graphics whore.

Or even a lazy 20$ PS5 upgrade and let the complainers bitch. Or make it exclusive to PS+ Premium for 4 months. And also let the complainers bitch.

Add lazy ports or non lazy remasters of all the games stuck on PS3 streaming. Folklore, Resistance series, Ratchet and Clank Series, Sly Cooper Series, etc.

Get your money Sony. You can boast about a huge PS+ Premium library if you port like crazy.

When are you people going to understand: The studio that made the game is dissolved. There is noone left to do anything about the game. What do you think, a random SONY engineer from some random studio will jump in on someone elses game and just make it work better?

Midn1ght

When are you people going to understand: The studio that made the game is dissolved. There is noone left to do anything about the game. What do you think, a random SONY engineer from some random studio will jump in on someone elses game and just make it work better?
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Shmunter

Like any project you’d expect the source code and documentation to be with Sony, the owner. Doing anything with it is another matter.

Like any project you’d expect the source code and documentation to be with Sony, the owner. Doing anything with it is another matter.
This. But I believe it is more a licensing and interest issue than an engineering one. Sony simply doesn't want to bring the IP back at this moment, and neither they want to pay the licenses for both music and cars so they can re-launch the game. This is the reason why most racing games are delisted in the long run, just look at all Forza titles that Microsoft kisses goodbye every 3 or more after launch.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah but nobody ever pulls a game like that. Would MS pull old halo's because Bungie left?

Who's that Yam guy?
This is your answer.

And he is making a joke about the Gran Turismo creator. (Yamauchi)
This. But I believe it is more a licensing and interest issue than an engineering one. Sony simply doesn't want to bring the IP back at this moment, and neither they want to pay the licenses for both music and cars so they can re-launch the game. This is the reason why most racing games are delisted in the long run, just look at all Forza titles that Microsoft kisses goodbye every 3 or more after launch.

Last edited:
FireSprite actually have some of the Evolution staff with them, alongside Studio Liverpool vets. I definitely think (given GT has moved on to 7) that there is a market for a sport racer again on PS5. Driveclub was ahead of its time in many ways. It’s a shame the launch was fumbled.

Top Bottom