• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DriveClub - an 8th Gen Wonder that needs a PS5 patch...

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I think DriveClub needs to be open world to rival NFS, The Crew, FH. But the driving feel, feel of speed is just on another level compared to the others. Also the randomity of backfires and how it takes time to reach more frequent sound bursts/different backfires shows insane attention to details.

Is it possible to retain it's gorgeous graphics in an open world? Yes, for PS5 only it can, might not surpass the older one in near 4K but extremely similar overall is more than enough.

As much as im a superfan of the game, people need to accept that theres nobody left to work on this anymore. They wont give this task to some random SONY employee and make it happen. The original studio is dissolved, the game is burried by SONY. Best we can hope is for a spiritual successor but going by their output, I doubt that team has it in them anymore. OnRush was a glaring disaster that nobody asked for.

This game was the sole reason i wanted a PS4 in 2013 (just like KI was my reason to get an XO). Such a shame it's left to be forgotten. A decent PC port would give it a much longer life. I'm sure a lot of people would buy it. Can't be that hard to do.

dotnotbot

This game was the sole reason i wanted a PS4 in 2013 (just like KI was my reason to get an XO). Such a shame it's left to be forgotten. A decent PC port would give it a much longer life. I'm sure a lot of people would buy it. Can't be that hard to do.
It's been pulled from the Store due to expired licences. It wouldn't be available for sale on PC right now just like older Forza titles aren't, just like you can't buy NFS Most Wanted anymore anywhere or older Gran Turismo titles.

That's the sad fate of most racing games with licences.

Last edited:

Kssio_Aug

Bro, they even left the greatest modern arcade racing series in the dust without even a chance at an HD remaster. Motorstorm.

Imagine playing Pacific Rift or Apocalypse in 4k, even 1080p with 60fps.

My only hope for that is that RPCS3 is able to pull it off in the next few years. Huge improvements have been made but nothing is stable.
I wonder if Motorstorm did so bad back then. It was one of my first PS3 titles and I loved it; wish Sony kept doing them.

NahaNago

The game is dead ya'll need to move on. I'm honestly just hoping Sony will have a new team just use the gt car models and create an arcade game with those cars.

People loving this game now that it's dead. When it launched it was called a corridor racer, sterile, got a 7/10, and people took the piss out of the teething issues at launch. I loved and bought the game regardless.

Exactly. I bought it day one and had no problem having MP fucked for a few weeks because I was busy with singleplayer. The game got second life when it went to PS+ but even now on reddit, you get new players and are playing an angry mob of why it was removed from the store. Well sorry if you bought the game at full price when it released and not 5 years later for $10 in a bargain bin, maybe it would of been alive today.

Romulus

I still can't believe how good it looks on certain tracks for a game running on shitty(even for 2013) hardware.

Guilty_AI

A decent PC port would give it a much longer life. I'm sure a lot of people would buy it.
Doubtful, i don't think this would be able to stand out much when put against juggernauts on the platform like Assetto Corsa. No matter how much people praise it i still can't see anything special about it that would make it stand out from other similar games, aside from cool rain effects.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
People loving this game now that it's dead. When it launched it was called a corridor racer, sterile, got a 7/10, and people took the piss out of the teething issues at launch. I loved and bought the game regardless.
It's easily the racing game I've spent the most time with. Was visually impressive at launch, the gameplay was fluid (especially for 30 FPS), and the social aspects were somewhat ahead of their time. I miss it.

Nydius

The truth will hurt but if this was under Microsoft it would've been treated much better
Like Project Gotham Racing? Like Midtown Madness? Like RalliSport Challenge?

:messenger_loudly_crying:
Was beaten to the punch pointing this out.

Microsoft made it clear by the end of the X360 generation that they weren't interested in pushing any other racing games except their flagship Forza Motorsport and their new arcade Forza Horizon offshoot.

Microsoft would have never greenlit any game like Driveclub in the first place. They would have simply mandated its potential features be rolled into the next iteration of Forza.

It's easily the racing game I've spent the most time with. Was visually impressive at launch, the gameplay was fluid (especially for 30 FPS), and the social aspects were somewhat ahead of their time. I miss it.
I have to admit I miss racing around with my Ferrari California in that game.

OvTxIEr.jpg

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I aways watch my brother playing this game. This game is pretty looking and I love seeing the details of cars, not to mention the enviroment.
So I told myself "hey maybe I will catch myself an arcade racer for me too" and picked up Project Cars 3 since he gave me a discount cupon. I mean, the game was released years later after Driverclub, maybe is like it?

And man, Project Cars 3 fails miserably in comparison. Now I understand why Driverclub receives that level of praise, pretty much deserved.

Guilty_AI

I aways watch my brother playing this game. This game is pretty looking and I love seeing the details of cars, not to mention the enviroment.
So I told myself "hey maybe I will catch myself an arcade racer for me too" and picked up Project Cars 3 since he gave me a discount cupon. I mean, the game was released years later after Driverclub, maybe is like it?

And man, Project Cars 3 fails miserably in comparison. Now I understand why Driverclub receives that level of praise, pretty much deserved.
From what i read online PC2 is much better than 3, even looks better too. Project cars 3 is basically the black sheep of the series.

Last edited:
They could remaster it for PS5. Hell maybe even keep it at 30fps. Just make it a graphics whore.

Or even a lazy 20$ PS5 upgrade and let the complainers bitch. Or make it exclusive to PS+ Premium for 4 months. And also let the complainers bitch.

Add lazy ports or non lazy remasters of all the games stuck on PS3 streaming. Folklore, Resistance series, Ratchet and Clank Series, Sly Cooper Series, etc.

Get your money Sony. You can boast about a huge PS+ Premium library if you port like crazy.

Top Bottom