• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dualshock 4 wont conect depsite following guides :/

obin_gam

Dualshock 4 was connected to an old ipad.
Next time it would be used with the PS4 console it couldnt connect to it.
Found a solution guide which said press the little reboot button on the DS4 with a pin, and followed the guide several times. Have also rebooted the console but without success.

Is the controller dead as a doornail?

I believe the ipad is to blame but I cant figure out how. It works fine with the ipad, but even if I turn the ipads bluetooth off, the controller still wont connect back to the ps4.

The Shepard

If it doesn't work by plugging it in with USB then switch your console off, switch it on by keeping your finger on power button with it plugged in USB.

The Shepard

Yeah probably.... I dont want to spend another 40 bucks on a controller though :/

Ah will try that! But I doubt it will work :/

I sometimes have to do this when I've used my controller on something else.

If you have another controller, you can get your ps4 to forget the old one and start again. Devices, Bluetooth, then forget the old controller.

Last edited:

scalman

You desynced it . Connect it to console via usb cable, then try without. Does light comes up? If so it works just desynced

Last edited:

obin_gam

I'll try it again tonight after work, it seems I've done everything and that stupid ipad bricked it haha

PocoJoe

Banned
It should work with the usb cable -repairing method. I had similar "problem" when paired one with my phone.

It just works as intended = you pair it with one system = it wont reconnect to another without using the cable first

obin_gam

Apologizes for the typos in the title hehe, too little coffee today :p

Use the reset pin on the back, reconnect via usb, press ps button
Also this is tried, was in one of the first guides but it's the same. He controller just doesnt exists in the world of the console.
Will try the Safe Mode video when I get home today.

Top Bottom