• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dune: Part Two | Official Trailer

Draugoth

Gold Member
giving-the-sign-timothee-chalamet.gif

Elysion

Banned
Is that Lea Seydoux? Who is she playing? Princess Irulan? And who‘s that weird alien looking dude with the white face supposed to be? Another Harkonnen I suppose?

jason10mm

Gold Member
NGL, I NEVER thought we would get a part 2.

But all I can think about is how much better that Toto "Big Battle" orcehstral "bawww baww babawwwwwwww" song would sound rather than the woman wailing. 1984 Dune had a BALLER soundtrack!

SJRB

Gold Member
SHAI-HULUD

The music in the first 20 seconds gives me goosebumps, so good. Awesome trailer.

farmerboy

Thoroughly enjoyed the first, but I couldn't understand why I enjoyed it so much. In the end I think the cinematography and resultant sense of scale and place is what did it for me.

SJRB

Gold Member
Thoroughly enjoyed the first, but I couldn't understand why I enjoyed it so much. In the end I think the cinematography and resultant sense of scale and place is what did it for me.

Honestly the story in the first movie is remarkably boring but the incredible cinematography and music did an insane amount of heavy lifting. The entire movie is an experience.

Cyberpunkd

So far so good, but it looks like they won’t touch the religious undertones that the TV series did. I guess the whole jihad / Paul stuck in one future he is unwilling to change would be too conceptual.

One thing I dislike is the reliance on the fucking howling voices to make the music go ‘oooooooooh, mysterious and exotic’. No, it’s not.

Still happy we are getting the movie. Still think the books are way better.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Looks incredible as to be expected from Villeneuve, the guy just keeps knocking them outa the park, I missed the first one in the cinema, will not be making that mistake again ffs, think I'll avoid trailer no.2 this one was fairly low key and didn't show much in the way of big set pieces so I want to be going in dark

MaestroMike

Gold Member

Reminded me of two towers I love movies with big epic battles and a dark, eerie atmosphere that’s why I liked it I still think Timothy is kinda soft he ain’t no Aragorn he’s emotional and acts like a teenager…which he is and he’s still learning I guess, but hopefully he’ll be more mature and less emotional in the later movies and not screaming at his own mother he should be ashamed of himself

Drizzlehell

Banned
Dune is my favorite book of all time and first part absolutely did it justice. This is going to be amazing. Can't wait to see it on the IMAX screen.

Batiman

Banned
Looks amazing. How many movies are actually planned for this? Will this conclude the first book? I never read the books but heard the later ones weren’t as good. Are they all planned to be adapted to films?

Top Bottom