• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Encounters: Square Enix single-player dungeon exploration RPG

I was down to a single character at one point and managed to stage an epic rescue adventure and ended up rescuing an entire new party that was higher level than who I was originally using lol.

I went from minutes away from deleting the game to one of my favorite gaming experiences in a long time. Felt really good when I finally had a new party formed.

Between this, Returnal, and EDF: World Brothers, it has been a pretty good year for pure gameplay experiences.

edit: i think I actually already mentioned this story in the thread lol. Regardless, if you are a fan of old school JRPG combat and design this game is a must.

Last edited:
I was down to a single character at one point and managed to stage an epic rescue adventure and ended up rescuing an entire new party that was higher level than who I was originally using lol.

I went from minutes away from deleting the game to one of my favorite gaming experiences in a long time. Felt really good when I finally had a new party formed.

Between this, Returnal, and EDF: World Brothers, it has been a pretty good year for pure gameplay experiences.
Yeah, I was running away with two people after the UFO. Then got one person petrified and had to leave them. Warped down 3 floors and unpetrified them. Managed to get them back. Managed to get back the person that got eaten. Bought new gear. Then foolishly tried to fight the UFO and kept spamming defense replenish since 1 hit wipes my full armor. Got all his defense down then he did a move that destroyed a helmet and one of my weapons so I ran again.

This is just hilarious how over the top it gets.

Captain's Log, stardate 11/20/2021.

Im fully explored up to floor 36 now (out of 99). I got a passive skill that prevents equipment being destroyed. I got the next tier of bows. And I finally took down that UFO and rescued my lost party member.

Got a new skill greater descending that changes the whole game. You drop floors until you hit a tile, so I used it and dropped to floor 56. Got lucky and landed on a powerful skill 20 floors early. Decided to check a battle out and it was 5 Behemoths from Final Fantasy. I instantly ran and warped back to floor 1. If thats floor 56 I can't even imagine the monster designs for floor 99.

Got to say this is easily the best turn based battle system I've ever played. Gets my vote for most underrated RPG ever.

But, its not for everyone.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Game concept is really interesting but man... The presentation imo is atrocious. I don't mind the simple graphics, but that music is a hard pass for me.

Top Bottom