• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dusk Golem: Three Unannounced Silent Hill Games Are Reportedly In Development alongside the newly announced games

Draugoth

Gold Member
Silent-Hill-2-Remake.jpg

According to an insider, there are three unannounced Silent Hill games currently in development, which isn't including the recently leaked Silent Hill: The Short Message.
Prominent Silent Hill leaker Dusk Golem (also known as AestheticGamer1) is reporting that, in addition to everything that Konami has announced for the series so far, there are three unannounced Silent Hill games in development currently. That's not including The Short Message, which was leaked several months ago and had some key details revealed from a Taiwanese rating board yesterday.

source

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Dusk Golem, I could be mistaken but I'm sure he was just a mod on Capcom Community years ago.
I don't believe he had any connections.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Big question marks over some of his console warrior takes getting in the way of his reporting.

But make no mistake, he's very reliable when it comes to Silent Hill and Resident Evil news, I see no reason as to not trust this update.

I believe his Capcom shilling. He hasn't said anything about Silent Hill from recent memory that was true or that wasn't a logical conclusion to come to without a crystal ball.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
What caused them to go so hard on Silent Hill? It seems like they are taking it more seriously than it was even back in its heyday.
Was it because of Covid the switch in vision? I think the money on pachinko dried up when places shut down. Konami probably realise they need a few gaming income streams just in case.

Arachnid

I love me some Silent Hill, but that gives me weirdly bad fibes. Did they just give anyone and everyone who signed up a chance? Bloober getting SH2 is already pretty worrying.

On the other hand Ap Interactives and Ryukisji's f are likely to be good. Just unsure about the rest.

What caused them to go so hard on Silent Hill? It seems like they are taking it more seriously than it was even back in its heyday.
My guess is Resident Evils resurgence. SH was created as a competitor to RE, so it's probably just history repeating.

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
Makes me wonder if Sony had any plans for publisher/IP acquisitions before MS/ABK deal.. Now there's mostly radio silence instead of chest beating.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
If this is true I'm a bit flabbergasted... What the hell is Konami doing? First literally nothing from Silent Hill and now they're investing THIS much into it? Doesn't make sense. I'm mea, I'm glad the series is back but I don't see that kind of investment paying off for them.

K2D

Banned
If this is true I'm a bit flabbergasted... What the hell is Konami doing? First literally nothing from Silent Hill and now they're investing THIS much into it? Doesn't make sense. I'm mea, I'm glad the series is back but I don't see that kind of investment paying off for them.
Why not? It's like hunting with a shotgun instead of a rifle.

If you want to release a new game, you really want to maximize the mind-share around the that game when there's a lot of mind share around that franchise. So you'd want some remasters for those with nostalgia goggles, you want mobile and handheld games for us young gamers, maybe you'd want a remake (and also the remaster) for that lasting legacy. Legacy and a long tail of sales revenue! Maybe make a new movie or a new show down the line to get the attention of the masses. The hunger of the fanbase is probably irresistible for Konami.

begotten

I was a SH tragic like a lot of people but Jesus there is so much SH coming now. I'm sure it'll be appropriately spread out but could we not save some of these announcements until they were closer.

Last edited:

Iced Arcade

Makes me wonder if Sony had any plans for publisher/IP acquisitions before MS/ABK deal.. Now there's mostly radio silence instead of chest beating.
Chest beating on both parties has been hushed and it's kind of hilarious.

Also don't see any acquisitions until this ABK deal is over.

Reactions: K2D
I have a feeling that Sony wants Silent Hill, Metal Gear, and Castlevania. There were rumors about that. Nothing is going to happen until Activision Blizzard is settled.

Last edited:

Gaelyon

Gold Member
Here's the secret leaked codenames for the 3 unannonced SH games :

- World of Silent Hill Odyssey
- Silent Hill Battle Royale Mist edition
- Abandonned Stranding Silent Hill (of Death)

You're welcome.

Dane

Big question marks over some of his console warrior takes getting in the way of his reporting.

But make no mistake, he's very reliable when it comes to Silent Hill and Resident Evil news, I see no reason as to not trust this update.
He said a small fact that wasn't interested in talking in the first place because it was just a development detail, that RE8 was running with framerate issues as anyone could see in the first trailer at the cabin, he only said because people were hating on the fact that XSX had the 12TF.

And yes, he's reliable with anything Capcom related and Silent Hill, he's the one who leaked the screenshots for Silent Hill The Short Message

Mr Moose

He said a small fact that wasn't interested in talking in the first place because it was just a development detail, that RE8 was running with framerate issues as anyone could see in the first trailer at the cabin, he only said because people were hating on the fact that XSX had the 12TF.

And yes, he's reliable with anything Capcom related and Silent Hill, he's the one who leaked the screenshots for Silent Hill The Short Message
He said @ 1080p, he lied.

poodaddy

Gold Member
I thought this jackass said he'd be shutting his mouth up from here on out. Did he chew through the tape again? Can we get someone over to Dusk Golem's place to set his PC and phone on fire, just to save him, (and us), from himself? K thx bye.

I'll be biased as all hell, and say that having multiple projects in the IP being produced at once, doesn't bother me. But if any of these are gonna be a crappy cash grab, I know we will not be chuffed. :D

Top Bottom