• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dusk Golem: Updates for Silent Hill 2 Remake, Townfall, and Ascension are coming before June.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Another day, another Silent Hill rumour, and this one reckons we'll get new trailers from the numerous Silent Hill projects "really soon, before June".

According to horror game leaker Dusk Golem – who was long telling us that the seminal horror series had been rebooted before Konami did – a new trailer showing off the progress of Silent Hill 2 Remake, Townfall, and Ascension are on the way.

"I don't know the exact date for everything," they explained in messages posted to The Snitch's Discord channel," but I'll just say there's a new SH2R, Townhall [sic] & Ascension trailer ready to be revealed at last."

Furthermore, Golem insists the "first of which will be before [Summer Gaming Fest] – which is taking place during what had once been E3 week – and reports that "SH2R has great art direction, Townfall looks very interesting, [and] Ascension looks graphically great".

jm89

1a9401ba-c8f5-4f1b-a715-b48b19a236f7_text.gif

We must have more official Silent Hill news. Going to be concerning if they had that silent hill transmission, then not a peep for a year or more

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Thanos dons a gauntlet and vows to retrieve the Infinity Stones himself.
Yeah I'm not too sure why they're calling it a Phase for.
We used to say something like, Second Wave.
Although you can't really call what we've had a wave.
More like a drop 😂

EDIT: Looks like they took the tweet down. But Celina, the girl from the silent hill transmision said “i mean… they MAY have in store for us very soon”. this week maybe?

Last edited:

Pelta88

How is a guy who made up fake negative rumours about PlayStation, because he thought XB coverage was unfair, still get threads made about false info?

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
How is a guy who made up fake negative rumours about PlayStation because he thought XB coverage was unfair still get threads made about false info?
Regardless of his stupid console warring, he is the most reliable source for Silent Hill/Resident Evil news

Last edited:
The Silent Hill 2 and MGS3 remakes will both be heavily Westernized and have all of the charm and soul of the originals completely sucked out. Translation - They're about to get REmake3'd.

Cant wait for June/July to be fucking over so I can laugh at people getting disappointed over CGI trailers, and trailers for games releasing in 2+ years and a ton of indies.

EDMIX

Did Sony drop those games? Why would they not to show these games on their event?

Konami likely wanted more coverage and I can't disagree here, or Sony may have even wanted a separate thing give them more space.

I mean, why would they want to cram that game in there all those reveals? It makes more sense for a State Of Play where its just about Silent Hill 2 and drop it randomly when the news day is completely dead. Look at the front page of NeoGaf, look at what everyone is talking about, Spiderman 2, MGS3 remake, Diablo IV, FoamStars, SF6 etc think about if Silent Hill 2 was your game and you life savings are now tied up in it....

You sure you want it revealed with all that shit?

Or, or.....drop that reveal on the slowest week, zero other news and be the only major thing everyone is talking about for that week or 2.

Top Bottom