• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light 2 Stay Human - Modes Presentation

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
edit: RT mode is 30 FPS.

Ok, so just eye balling based on youtube HD.

RT mode looks like it's running at 60 FPS, I wish they would have said resolution metrics.
4K mode is definitely 30 FPS.
Performance mode probably targets 120 but falls pretty short of it, hence being labeled 60+ and not 120 FPS.

I think I'm gonna stick with the RT mode if my eyes aren't playing tricks on me and RT mode is targeting 60 FPS.

Otherwise, performance mode it is.

Last edited:

chasimus

Looks good! Will either go Quality or Performance. 60fps for me in a game like this. Tough to see what frames Quality was running at though

The official discord says only performance is 60. Quality and RT are both 30fps. Nothing that can't be helped with motion interpolation on high. 😏

mansoor1980

Gold Member
quality mode looks great as long as that 30 fps stays locked
why is the performance mode 60+? should be locked 60

Last edited:

b0uncyfr0

Not interested in anything at 30 fps, no matter how good it looks. Performance mode better be at least 1440p. Ideally 1620p at 60 fps, that'd be sweet.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
Ok, so just eye balling based on youtube HD.

RT mode looks like it's running at 60 FPS, I wish they would have said resolution metrics.
4K mode is definitely 30 FPS.
Performance mode probably targets 120 but falls pretty short of it, hence being labeled 60+ and not 120 FPS.

I think I'm gonna stick with the RT mode if my eyes aren't playing tricks on me and RT mode is targeting 60 FPS.

Otherwise, performance mode it is.
quality mode is 30fps

winjer

Gold Member
You can see and feel the low fps on the 4K and quality mode.
Performance mode is significantly better.

tvdaXD

Shit, here I thought this was about Singleplayer, CO-OP or perhaps BTZ like the previous title...
Since I'm here tho, maxed out quality since PC.

Skifi28

RT mode looks like it's running at 60 FPS
TmHgGNq.jpg

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I thought the whole point of next gen was to have it all inclusive
Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

It's better the developers are letting players choose higher frame rate instead of arbitrarily just forcing a singular mode (with 30 FPS) ala Watch Dogs Legion at launch.

Maybe. But Metro Exodus and Spider-Man did it. Probably a few others as well.

Oh for sure, but the poster is right to call out my post, for some reason the YT compression made the RT segments look like they were above 30 FPS on my phone screen.

Last edited:

Hugare

Oh shit, they were able to put RT shadows and RT reflections

Maybe even more? Dont remember all the RT features from that other trailer

Was expecting just RT reflections

Resolution seems low in quality mode, tho. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm hyped af. Dying Light was one of my top 10 games of the last generation.

Last edited:
I think I’ll play in RT mode. That looked pretty impressive to me. Reality is that I’ll likely flick between that and performance though. Looks like a good time. Hoping the story isn’t bullshit long like the have been saying.

Mister Wolf

Oh shit, they were able to put RT shadows and RT reflections

Maybe even more? Dont remember all the RT features from that other trailer

Was expecting just RT reflections

Resolution seems low in quality mode, tho. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm hyped af. Dying Light was one of my top 10 games of the last generation.

Its missing the RTGI I guess. Thats the most important one.

Usually I go with quality modes over performance, DS being the only exception so far, but performance looks so mich cleaner here I'll just have to use that.

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
Sigh...this is going to crush my 3080, isn't it.

I have no other expectation other than it running like a fucking slideshow @4K with RT, and I bet even DLSS won't get it to a locked 30fps without serious compromises in the options screen.

Top Bottom