• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light 2: Stay Human Official Review Thread

Ceadeus

I watched some early gameplay and I don't know how I feel about the medicine thing mechanic, where you turn into a Zombie if the timer goes to zero.

I just hope it has more purpose than the Malaria in Far Cry 2 because it was completely useless to the player. Just annoying..

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Following multiple delays, Dying Light 2: Stay Human is finally releasing on a console, or PC, near you. And to prepare you for all the zombie killing parkour action that the game has to offer, we’ve rounded up a bunch of things you need to know.

Dying Light 2: Stay Human is a first-person open-world action game set 20 years after the events of the first Dying Light. In the game you are no longer Kyle Crane, instead you play as Aiden Caldwell, a member of the Pilgrims; a group of freelance runners who travel around the world handling various odd jobs for people while risking their lives among the hordes of infected.

Dying Light 2: Stay Human is set to release on February 4, 2022 for PC, PlayStation 5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One. The game will also be available for Nintendo Switch via cloud streaming, however it was delayed on January 19 and is now currently slated to arrive sometime within six months of February 4th.

Just wanted to update you all real quick.

The reviews embargo lifts on February 2nd at 4:00 PM CET/10:00 AM EST USA (Remember they are in Europe)

However, no other footage or anything else of the game is allowed until February 3rd 1:00 PM CET/7:00 AM EST USA.

We will be posting some video guides and most likely a gameplay stream for the game as well on the February 3rd at 7:00 PM EST - so come by and say hi :)

Last edited:
I don't care about review scores. I just want to see what SkillUp and ACG think.
The only thing that will keep me from buying it is if it's completely broken on PC.

Hugare

Just wanted to update you all real quick.

The reviews embargo lifts on February 2nd at 4:00 PM CET/10:00 AM EST USA (Remember they are in Europe)

However, no other footage or anything else of the game is allowed until February 3rd 1:00 PM CET/7:00 AM EST USA.

We will be posting some video guides and most likely a gameplay stream for the game as well on the February 3rd at 7:00 PM EST - so come by and say hi :)

Yeesh, same thing happened with Cyberpunk reviews. No footage captured from reviewers was allowed.

Hoping for the best

Raven117

Gold Member
83-85 MC.

Good game. Not great. Will be forgotten by the time Elden, Horison, gT7, starfield come around.

GymWolf

Watched some sidequest and they really improved them.

Combat can still be messy but that's the price to pay for first person melee without lock on, there is no fucking way of looking polished and precise no matter how good of a dev you are.

Not sure if like the weapon impact\gore compared to the first one tho.

Just some light teasing. Also, here are some facts for Dying Light 2 Stay Human and no, it doesn't break embargo as it is info that has been known and same marketing material everyone seen. Some people are forgetful and need a reminder what the game is all about.

Here is also a tease of the main menu, both pieces were approved by Techland.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I am really excited for this. LOVED co-op Dead Island, and I dipped into Dying Light a few times but nothing significant.

Looking forward to co-op for sure...and I hope the console versions are great as well. No one I know spends the time to keep up with gaming PC's...so I either debase myself with the PS5/SXS version or play alone in 4k 144hrz land.....

will ferrell pain GIF by Daddy's Home

I'm worried about how the 60 fps mode is going to run on my Ps5. Is it going to be majorly stripped back from the "quality" mode? Most likely yes. They havnt shown any raw gameplay of the next gen consoles and Techland is primarily a PC dev. Game comes out in 2 days, why have they not shown off the next gen versions?

h00ters

Thought this game looked awesome as soon as they showed the first footage of it at the MS E3 press conference years ago. Have very high hopes.

Will be one of the best co-op games to come out in the last few years. This will be remembered like It Takes Two.

In a year with so many cool co-op games coming, we'll see if Dying Light 2 takes the crown by the end.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

I'm hoping the reviews are honest and it at least hovers around 80-85.

I remember the days when a 75 was still a decent game. These days it's like 90 or bust!

On a side note, also pre-ordered PS5 version but just picked up a Series X console, I'd rather the dual sense controller and haptic feedback. The design of the Xbox controller has always been good but I must admit after coming of the PS5 controller, it's not as good at all. Vibration feedback is lacking and oh my god what is the deal with the clacking sound of the D-Pad and face buttons. It's so loud when playing late at night. PS5 D-Pad and face buttons are near silent. The Series X controller for the first time feels cheaper than the PS controller.

Last edited:

.Pennywise

Banned
There's no OT? If nobody's making it I'll do it. If anyone is actually doing it (I looked in the OT voluntary thread but didn't find anything) please quote me so I don't do it.

.Pennywise

Banned
You'd need to have the proper NDA contract to see if it's broken or not. Either way, I've seen some early impressions as well already, ACG did a video and all already, so I don't think it's much saying some good words in less than 280 characters with no score, less than 12 hours from official embargo lifting.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
They don't.

They absolutely do. Go clear out an area around a police van (which all have Very Hard locks and require a bit of a time commitment to unlock) and see how long it takes zombies to magically start shuffling in from around the corner. It makes doing any of this "immersive combat" completely pointless when you know enemies will just keep spawning.

I had a bunch of Amazon credit so I figured hey I'll just pre-order from there fully expecting to get the game on Friday. Today I get an email saying the expected delivery date is Feb 8? Four days later? Is this a normal thing for Amazon pre-orders? I've never done it before.

Last edited:
Top Bottom