• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light 2 to Feature Rosario Dawson; New Open World Footage Revealed

Bullet Club

Dying Light 2 to Feature Rosario Dawson; New Open World Footage Revealed​

nqHes0J.jpg

Renowned actress Rosario Dawson (Daredevil, The Defenders, Sin City, Zombieland - Double Tap, The Mandalorian) has been confirmed to feature in Dying Light 2, the upcoming open world action RPG by Techland.

Dawson, who already starred in other games like Syndicate, Lego Dimensions, Ratchet & Clank and Dishonored, will play a character named Lawan in the game. According to the actress, she's a very tough character who's looking to get revenge on those who wronged her in the past. It seems like the player's choices will have an influence on Lawan, too, and whether she ends up as a deranged hunter or a protector instead.

The fourth episode of Dying 2 Know also showcased some new Dying Light 2 open world footage. Last but not least, Techland announced that the soundtrack was created by Olivier Deriviere (composer of Alone in the Dark, Of Orcs and Men, Remember Me, Bound By Flame, The Technomancer, Get Even, The Council, Vampyr, A Plague Tale: Innocence, and Streets of Rage 4) in the Abbey Road Studios, one of the most recognizable studios in the UK previously used by artists such as The Beatles, Pink Floyd, and U2.

The main theme music track is called Run, Jump, Fight and it features The London Contemporary Orchestra as well. You can check it out below.

Dying Light 2 has had a fairly troubled development phase. It was originally due in the first half of 2020, but its final release date is now set for February 4th, 2022, when the game will be released for PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and Nintendo Switch (via the cloud).

Source: WFFTech

AEW's Rosario Dawson!

Last edited:

Salz01

Thats so funny, I’ve been seeing the ads with her character and I didn’t even clue in till I saw this post. It doesn’t look like her at all, I mean common. At least to me it doesn’t look like her.

jaysius

Banned
I guess the solution to development hell now is to add a celebrity for no good reason.

She had to have been shoehorned in, this is a pretty big get for a game of this level, they've never mentioned her before.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Pretty good character design. Doesn't look exactly like her but is close enough to recognize.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
She played this character:

kim-rukiana-4-copy.jpg

My guess she was given a role, because she already worked on games.

Jack Uzi

Banned
Just like Keanu Reeves now Dying Light 2 has a star in it and just like Cyberpunk it's a polish dev, delayed several times, etc. Why am I having horrible deja vu feelings about it?
Lol yup and red flags and they also showed the same gameplay demo more than once.

winjer

Gold Member
If it wasn't her name in the poster, I would not have guessed that was supposed to be her. It would just be some random character.

Now if games continue this trend of adding TV and movie stars, then the cost of making them is going to balloon even further.

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

Hugare

I guess the solution to development hell now is to add a celebrity for no good reason.

She had to have been shoehorned in, this is a pretty big get for a game of this level, they've never mentioned her before.
In one of the trailers her character looked totaly different

For starters, she was white lol

So yeah, they probably got Rosario not long ago and completely changed her character

Poor devs, development hell just got even worse, probably

I've been so excited for this after seeing the very first demo back in like e3 2018 and because of how great the first game is. Criminally underrated game that nailed the parkour which was fluid, fun, and a sense of weight.

Fast forward and seems nobody is hyped or talking about it. My only concern is how will the ps5 version be and the previews all said the parkour is floatier now.

SZips

I've been so excited for this after seeing the very first demo back in like e3 2018 and because of how great the first game is. Criminally underrated game that nailed the parkour which was fluid, fun, and a sense of weight.

Fast forward and seems nobody is hyped or talking about it. My only concern is how will the ps5 version be and the previews all said the parkour is floatier now.
They come out with a new behind the scenes developer video nearly every week which keeps the small bit of discussion going for the game here and there.

Plus, the game isn't out until February. I imagine the discussions will pick up a lot then. I can't imagine there's a lot of stuff to talk about this far out that isn't just like "Yeah, parkour!" or "I can't wait to bludgeon some zombies!"

Arachnid

As if this game needed any more reason to be day 1.

Literally everything I've seen is fantastic. And now it as bae?

jontron-ill-take-your-entire-stock.gif

assurdum

Banned
I just replaying it on ps5. The game structure is never appreciate enough though his success. Just so brilliant and genial in his simplicity. Hope the sequel doesn't abandon it just to have more sales.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Did the first one ever get its promised "next gen" patch yet ?

IIRC it was supposed to get PS5/Series patch some time now-ish.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
Did the first one ever get its promised "next gen" patch yet ?

IIRC it was supposed to get PS5/Series patch some time now-ish.
True. But I start to suspect the sequel will come early. Though isn't it the PS4 30 FPS uncapped? Should run already at 60 FPS via BC on ps5 but I'm not entirely sure about it and no one tested it

Last edited:

adamsapple

True. But I start to suspect the sequel will come early. Though isn't it the PS4 30 FPS uncapped? Should run already at 60 FPS via BC on ps5 but I'm not entirely sure about it and no one tested it
Yes, the Pro was uncapped. That's the way I played the first one, but it was one of those terrible double buffered V-Sync cases. Any time the frame rate dropped from 60, it went straight to 30.

And you would barely get 60 just when looking at the skies. It was a pretty uneven experience in terms of performance.

assurdum

Banned
Yes, the Pro was uncapped. That's the way I played the first one, but it was one of those terrible double buffered V-Sync cases. Any time the frame rate dropped from 60, it went straight to 30.

And you would barely get 60 just when looking at the skies. It was a pretty uneven experience in terms of performance.
I play it on ps5 actually. I can't say if it's locked 60 but I didn't noticed stutter personally.

Last edited:

adamsapple

I play it on ps5 actually. I can't say if it's locked 60 but I didn't noticed stutter personally.
Oh yeah I bet PS5 has way more than needed headroom to make sure its 60 FPS all the time. I don't think it ever got a resolution boost so its a flat 1080p/60 FPS.

assurdum

Banned
Oh yeah I bet PS5 has way more than needed headroom to make sure its 60 FPS all the time. I don't think it ever got a resolution boost so its a flat 1080p/60 FPS.
Thanks to God my Bravia has the Reality Creation setting video. It doesn't eliminate the aliasing mess or low buffer pixelation but it helps immensely to eliminate the blurriness of 1080p or the aggressive TAA, in many games, improving notably the sharpness. It's a benediction. Though with some game with CBR things getting even worse.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

Huh? It is almost assuredly going to be one of the biggest games of the year. It is also coming out around an absurdly stacked first couple months and there's only so much digital space (I mean there isn't, but you get the aphorism).

. . .I'm sure they'll get Dawson (who has a ton of genre credits to her name) to do the rounds soon and start ginning up interest.

Top Bottom