• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light 2 will get at least 5 years of content updates after launch

Warablo

Shooting was janky as shit in the first one, but still, how can you make a zombie game without some guns? I know they want that medieval feeling. I expect some guns in the expansion.

Concern

When has it ever turned out to be true? Maybe FF14

Go Away GIF

OT: This is a given considering how much they supported DL. That alone has pretty much secured my support for these developers.

Im just hoping its not broken on day 1 considering all the "development hell" rumors and delays.

april6e

This kind of actually kills my hype for the game.

I played Dying Light 1 on release and then they added twice the amount of content through DLC. But I never play games twice so I missed out on all of that. Now it feels like its going to be the same situation again. I'll play the campaign but then 3 years from now, the game will be entirely different and way better and I would have missed out on playing the best version of the game.

This is also why I refuse to play early access games.

MaKTaiL

This kind of actually kills my hype for the game.

I played Dying Light 1 on release and then they added twice the amount of content through DLC. But I never play games twice so I missed out on all of that. Now it feels like its going to be the same situation again. I'll play the campaign but then 3 years from now, the game will be entirely different and way better and I would have missed out on playing the best version of the game.

This is also why I refuse to play early access games.
Every single game has DLCs nowadays. And you also don't need to play the game twice, just play the added content. lol

april6e

Every single game has DLCs nowadays. And you also don't need to play the game twice, just play the added content. lol

Many games don't allow you to continue on if you beat the game. You would have to start entirely over if you wanted to play the DLC.

MaKTaiL

Many games don't allow you to continue on if you beat the game. You would have to start entirely over if you wanted to play the DLC.
Most games don't work like that. Either way we are talking about Dying Lights here which you can absolutely jump into the DLC without starting a new game.

I don’t think that is a good thing especially if you are looking forward to an improved Dying Light 3. Did I hear that this game takes around 500 hours to see and get everything?

Last edited:

Fare thee well

Neophyte
I apologize for the jaded take here, but I just feel any time they announce something like '5 years of content updates,' or '5 major DLCs,' I get my hopes up. But companies almost always fizzle out or see diminishing returns on the horizon and give up early. I was so pissed when Bethesda said they would do 5 major DLCs for Skyrim (lol). Recently my cult favorite Mechwarrior 5 got cucked by its publisher and all it's 3 years of future content update likely scrubbed (for fucking LOTR online of all shit). Some might argue Red Dead Online. It's always a gut kick for us enthusiasts. I would also include games that still get content but it's so mediocre, it makes the game worse (Payday 2, Guild Wars 2).

Anyway, I hope you do get those 5 years.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Every gameplay I've seen so far looks rough.
I did not know that. Hype for this game just completely dropped.

I was never hyped, looked rough and bad from the beginning. But this shows that people might gonna play DL1 more with the next-gen patch.

Top Bottom