• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light 3 should make the player more powerful, says lead designer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Speaking to VGC, Dying Light 2: Stay Human lead game designer Tymon Smektała said that giving the player more abilities and skills was something he’d like to ‘correct’ from the recently-released second game, now that he’s had a few months to reflect.

“One thing is that if we’re making Dying Light 3, then I would like the main character to start with bigger and better starting abilities and skills,” Smektała told VGC during a new interview about Dying Light 2’s recently delayed DLC.

“We have used basically the same approach in [Dying Light 2] that we used in the first game, where the player was starting quite weak and then developing further,” Smektała continued.

“We did something very different in the second one and actually this is something I would like to have corrected when I look at Dying Light 2 from the perspective of three months after the release.”

“So I think in the third game, if it happens, that the character will start with more powers, more skills, more abilities as his basic skill set.”

assurdum

Banned
It's not the only thing he needs to correct eh. Dying Light 1 still shit on the head of sequel in terms of gameplay.

Last edited:

Hugare

Dying Light 1 still shit on the head of sequel in terms of gameplay.
Absolutely not

DL 1 is better in many ways, but gameplay its not. I've been replaying it recently after the next gen patch, and have finished it 3 times already.

DL 2 has way better and more diverse set of traversal and combat mechanics, not even close.

Better traversal system of any open world game, and better parkour tham Mirrors Edge

If anything, it has too much. Which makes me a bit worried with this statement from the lead designer.

Top Bottom