• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3’s 2021 live event has been cancelled, LA city documents claim

BlackM1st

Banned
E3’s physical event for 2021 has been cancelled, according to Los Angeles city documents published this week.

In a new report published by the Board of Los Angeles Convention and Tourism Development Commission, a sales update lists E3 2021 as a “cancelled live event”.

The document states that the Convention board is working with E3 organiser The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) on broadcast options at the Los Angeles Convention Center and the nearby LA Live complex. The City board also claims it’s “working” on a 2022 and 2023 license for E3.

The cancellation would mark the second year in a row the E3 event has been called off due to the coronavirus pandemic.

As exclusively revealed by VGC this month, The ESA has been pushing forward with plans for a digital E3 event this summer, but it still requires the backing of major games companies.

Worst Next Gen launch EVER.

BlackM1st

Banned
Expected but shit news all the same.
I just finished re-watching South Park's epic trilogy about "PS4 vs XBOX One ". That feels like it was a lifetime ago. Unbelievable how uneventful game industry has become. PS5 launch feels like a wet fart compared to PS4 HYPE. Bah. I'm fucking sad.

VAVA Mk2

Star Wars Reaction GIF

SinDelta

I remember when Nintendo decided to highlight Wii heart monitors??!

Then on the opposite end were the showstopper grand slam reveals for Twilight Princess and Breath of the Wild.

Thank you for all the memories E3, the good and the bad.

Leonardo Di Caprio Movie GIF by Sony

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
E3’s physical event for 2021 has been cancelled, according to Los Angeles city documents published this week.

In a new report published by the Board of Los Angeles Convention and Tourism Development Commission, a sales update lists E3 2021 as a “cancelled live event”.

The document states that the Convention board is working with E3 organiser The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) on broadcast options at the Los Angeles Convention Center and the nearby LA Live complex. The City board also claims it’s “working” on a 2022 and 2023 license for E3.

The cancellation would mark the second year in a row the E3 event has been called off due to the coronavirus pandemic.

As exclusively revealed by VGC this month, The ESA has been pushing forward with plans for a digital E3 event this summer, but it still requires the backing of major games companies.

Oh yeah, the one site writing about this who thought they were above crediting Rösti on the other forum for breaking the news. 😂

Guess they were too busy spamming links to their own site to give credit where due. 😂

Are people seriously surprised by this news? lol

I don't know if MS, Nintendo or Sony would've had anything far along enough to show gameplay-wise.

Covid really impacted development on projects. Please enjoy more remasters and upgrades.

Last edited:

Cases in california have dropped over 90% since January. Time to return to normal, stop cancelling shit.

Shubh_C63

Directs/StateofPay are better than sitting through hours of BS about "We here at ____ believe in giving power back to gamers bla bla" at E3.

not to mention the cringe. I watch it on mute frankly.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Directs/StateofPay are better than sitting through hours of BS about "We here at ____ believe in giving power back to gamers bla bla" at E3.

not to mention the cringe. I watch it on mute frankly.

I like it when a CEO in a hoodie tells me he wants to give power back to the gamers. I say "wooo."

vypermajik

This is unfortunate. Remember when all the heathens in the press said NO to E3 anyway? Now they want it back. MAKE - UP - YOUR - MINDS

Top Bottom