• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

e3 2021 | The full recap

3 days of big Event, hundreds of studios with billions dollars, and yet outside of the obviously GOAT Elden Ring, nobody could beat this:

giphy.gif

Horizon Forbidden West is purrrty but I was really impressed with the visuals of Forza Horizon 5

5533513ced868e9580aa6b137aa29582.jpg

Especially this part of the gameplay demo. The lighting and detail of the buildings is just unreal. Ok its not the cleanest image to post of this scene but you have to see this in 4K on youtube.
Screenshot-2021-06-13-111209-750x430.jpg

Shubh_C63

Horizon Forbidden West is purrrty but I was really impressed with the visuals of Forza Horizon 5

Especially this part of the gameplay demo. The lighting and detail of the buildings is just unreal. Ok its not the cleanest image to post of this scene but you have to see this in 4K on youtube.
I may be biased but Horizon since 4 looked good enough to me and this sequel was the same case.
ONLY till they start explaining the tech behind it and then I found new appreciation for this game.

Dr Bass

Forza does look very good. Did they show the 4k30 mode that is the default for the XSX? I think I only saw 60fps footage.

Great Hair

Banned

For a next gen exclusive (no xbone), the game suffers from extreme use of Vaseline, clipping, low res textures or heavy use of VRS? Its really blurry, not as bad as in Godawful. Not as impressed as others here, due that excessive use of motion blur.

Next Gen Forza H5: (you can not get a clean shot during gameplay)
++ terrific landscape details, increased flora&fauna? but ..
++ high quality cars
- no Raytracing during gameplay
- motion Blur everywhere or heavy use of VRS? + clipping issues
- objects turn into cardboards, low res.polygon? when out of focus
- 30fps? + motion blur = ok
- but no need for 60fps
Trailer In-Engine Shots 4K (looking nice, but in-engine render)

Vaseline all over your screen 4K - Part 1

Vaseline all over your screen 4K - part 2

When the game is paused, you get a clean screenshot (looks great)

Photogrammetry 2015 vs 2021

Please can you go elsewhere for your console war? Like in one of the 1 254 861 threads that went off the rails?
Are you talking to me? Be so kind and quote&reply next time. And about my screenies, im not shitting on it. The game looks great, but the motion blur ruins it for me.

Are Microsoft funded games exempt from criticism? It´s ok to sh*t on HFW for a week, but not the other way ... ok. Geez ..

No, it's not okay but I'm not the police. I am asking this because that's my thread and post like your's only call for response like the one below, which is EXACTLY what I expected to follow and wanted to avoid...

But then no critique is valid no more. If we stop sharing our opinions, then this forum serves no purpose but to collectively jiizz over CGi teasers. Responses as the one your mentioning are nothing new. If ppl. can not handle a different opinion in a public forum, then ... dunno what to say.

Again, i´m was talking about that excessive use of motion blur that hopefully we can disable on PC.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Please can you go elsewhere for your console war? Like in one of the 1 254 861 threads that went off the rails?

Edit: Great Hair Great Hair I'm not talking to you specifically, that's why I didn't quote you. Yet we all know how all of this will end...

Are Microsoft funded games exempt from criticism? It´s ok to sh*t on HFW for a week, but not the other way ... ok. Geez ..
No, it's not okay but I'm not the police. I am asking this because that's my thread and post like your's only call for response like the one below, which is EXACTLY what I expected to follow and wanted to avoid...

Last edited:
For a next gen exclusive (no xbone), the game suffers from extreme use of Vaseline, clipping, low res textures or heavy use of VRS? Its really blurry, not as bad as in Godawful. Not as impressed as others here, due that excessive use of motion blur.

++ high quality cars
- but no need for 60fps

Are you talking to me? Be so kind and quote&reply next time. And about my screenies, im not shitting on it. The game looks great, but the motion blur ruins it for me.

You have too much free time to be wasting it on an over-analysis of a compressed youtube video.

Since you have so much time, learn about video formats, codecs, compression, and bitrates so you stop sounding like a clown.

OZ9000

Banned

++ high quality cars
- but no need for 60fps

When you take a look at those stills, Horizon looks fucking awful lol. The level of detail and geometry looks really, really bad.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
But then no critique is valid no more. If we stop sharing our opinions, then this forum serves no purpose but to collectively jiizz over CGi teasers.
TBF I assume most people don't have a problem with something like:
"I think the game use too much motion blur, and some geometry & textures are not top notch but overall it looks good"

But look at your post lol, Idk how many screenshots with "Vaseline all over your screen" written. That just call for console war.
Even taking modded Battlefront as example for photogrammetry is not fair, this is still one of the best looking game on PC and DICE are visual wizards so...

Then again, I don't want to go into this type of discussion so that's gonna be my last reply on this subject:
I think we are on the dawn of incredibly looking games, whatever platform we talk about and yet people like to nitpick on everything, that's really something I can't understand.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

E3 press conferences are designed to do one thing: make fans of video games get so hyped they jump out of their seats clapping and cheering. However, not all E3 press conferences are created equally. Some are tedious and padded while others are just laughably awkward. But the great ones? Well, they go down in history as some of the most awesome moments in our industry. Here are the top ten best E3 press conferences of all time. Get hyped.

Kagey K

Banned

I have to LMFAO that he calls Out the Outer Worlds moon.

But doesn't realize that it isn't Cortana and wasn't meant to be Cortana. It was a new AI meant to defeat Cortana and would delete when Cortana was defeated.

But he calls her Cortana and doesn't get it at all.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
I have to LMFAO that he calls Out the Outer Worlds moon.

But doesn't realize that it isn't Cortana and wasn't meant to be Cortana. It was a new AI meant to defeat Cortana and would delete when Cortana was defeated.

But he calls her Cortana and doesn't get it at all.

His point obviously is that they chose to make their re-reveal of Halo Infinite campaign to be about more "Cortana" drama instead of anything remotely interesting and he disagrees with that.

I can't wait to see Gran Turismo 7, Uncharted, God of War Ragnorak, Horizon Forbidden West and a few new IPs at Sony's own show and I want to see Fable, Perfect Dark, and Starfield from Xbox

Do we know if Perfect Dark is 3rd person or it's a FPS?
This is a bit late I know, but better late than never. Fable has been rumoured to have the option for either 3rd or 1st first person perspective (the only thing that remains is confirmation from Playground), Perfect Dark has been 1st person since the very beginning, but having an optional 3rd person mode would be great as well even though it's anyone's guess. Starfield is obvious since all Bethesda games have the option for changing into either perspective during gameplay so it's all good.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
This is a bit late I know, but better late than never. Fable has been rumoured to have the option for either 3rd or 1st first person perspective (the only thing that remains is confirmation from Playground), Perfect Dark has been 1st person since the very beginning, but having an optional 3rd person mode would be great as well even though it's anyone's guess. Starfield is obvious since all Bethesda games have the option for changing into either perspective during gameplay so it's all good.
Yeah, Perfect Dark is the one I want to be 3rd person but we'll see

CitizenZ

Banned
As there have been some comical videos floating around about Minecraft community it made me pause to think why is MS most successful property(another one they simply paid for) get any sort of presence or acknowledgment at big events? I would gather 1/3 of their gaming bank, maybe more, is from Minecraft alone.

reksveks

As there have been some comical videos floating around about Minecraft community it made me pause to think why is MS most successful property(another one they simply paid for) get any sort of presence or acknowledgment at big events? I would gather 1/3 of their gaming bank, maybe more, is from Minecraft alone.
cause it has its own conference would be my assumption

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Every once in a while E3 has a AAA game sneak in, I would never pay to go to one of these events for the fact there's so many disappointments. Back than it use to be console reveals and launch lineups.

Bragr

Banned
Jesus, its about a week since it ended, feels like 30 years. Its like game of thrones, it was do bad the mind rejects it and it feels like a lifetime ago.

SJRB

Gold Member
Probably the dullest e3 ever.

Strongly disagree. There was a time during the PS360 era where everyone tried to emulate the Wii's success so we got entire E3 conferences wasted on motion controls, Kinect, stupid laser tag games, dance performances, Wonderbooks, all kinds of throwaway garbage that was never going to be successful and everyone knew it.

Around the same time where 50% of any conference was about sales numbers and every Microsoft conference had a random car that would get lifted on stage because Forza or something.

And dumb shit like James fucking Cameron talking about Avatar for 20 minutes:

Or more recently those assholes from EA interviewing Pele for 10 minutes for reasons:

At least nowadays it's about videogames and nothing but videogames.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Also known as E3 2021 Supercut, or E3 2021 Highlights, or E3 2021 Lowlights. A bit underwhelming E3, a bit safe, but as always pretty embarassing. I watched it ALL so You don't have to. Better late than never… I guess???

Top Bottom