• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 will return in 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member
FUqOMOLWYAYbrjl

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2022/06/07/esa-e3-2023-summer-game-fest-nintendo-direct/

We're excited about coming back in 2023 with both a digital and an in-person event

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I know at least SCB3 SCB3 will be happy

Roufianos

It will be back in some form, no doubt. MS will inevitably participate but jury's out on other key players.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
It either returns with all the players Sony or not at all.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
* without Sony, Nintendo and i'm sure a lot of 3rd party publishers
Why is anyone assuming Nintendo wouldn't be there? They have had one of the biggest areas for years, and do lots of Treehouse coverage from the showfloor for days.

We know Activision has skipped them, but now MS will have a bigger area there than ever.

Maybe they can talk Facebook into getting a booth.

Sony can kiss my ass.

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Hopefully, having all the news in one place over the course of a couple days is infinitely better than being dripfed everything. Also then people can stop trying to care about Summer Game Fest

100% this.

It has become trendy to hate on E3 (likely encouraged by certain people who have a vested interest in replacing it), but even at its worst, it's better than the crap we get nowadays, with everyone scrambling to make their own show, and most ending up being diluted snoozefests.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Why is anyone assuming Nintendo wouldn't be there? They have had one of the biggest areas for years, and do lots of Treehouse coverage from the showfloor for days.

We know Activision has skipped them, but now MS will have a bigger area there than ever.

Maybe they can talk Facebook into getting a booth.

Sony can kiss my ass.

Nintendo is over in the secondary building with Sony and they always have a GREAT giant booth with fantastic displays and tons of traffic; way more than Sony. After Microsoft, Nintendo is my favorite stop at E3.

Xbox moved over to the Microsoft Theater a few years ago and it's so much nicer there. Los Angeles is Xbox country because the Xbox booth at LACC was always the most crowded. You couldn't move or even breath before they moved out of the convention center. It's so much nicer now, MS theater is huge, luxurious and has great air conditioning, but it will probably be just as crazy there now if they have Bethesda and A/B/K in the same building with Xbox.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
God I hope so.

I’m 41 and I know it is a bit childish but I love taking the week off work and then watching stream after stream at e3.

I used to like doing that, but its not worth taking time off work to see those awful EA or Ubisoft conferences. Sony was typically at night and Microsoft/Bethesda was on Sunday, so Nintendo was the only one you really had to take an early lunch or day off for.

CobraAB

Don’t see it happening next year either. There will be some new manufactured crisis or something.

jaysius

Banned
Who cares, we get the same overhyped bullshit without E3.

E3's biggest mistake was taking a break, and it should make us realize we don't need it. We can watch trailers without the 2 hour filler trash any time we want. The industry can figure out a good time to do a batch release of trailers.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Hopefully true, and hopefully all the big players are back.
The only reason why many on here try and bad mouth E3 is because Sony stopped coming, but fact is E3 is miles better than Summer Shit fest, and better than any of the other 'replacements.
E3 is Christmas for gamers, and we should celebrate that.

Last edited:
Sony's last E3 was a joke, despite showing games that ended up being fantastic.

But, the three or four years before that Sony WAS E3. They "won" E3 by so much those year it wasn't a competition and their show is what made E3 a success overall. Without them there, E3 was already on life support, even before COVID.

If Sony comes back, or somehow Nintendo goes back to doing an E3 live conference (yeah, right), E3 has a chance. Without them, don't even bother. Microsoft can do their own show, they don't need E3 either.

Last edited:
I love how people say sonys 2018 was a joke, they literally showed full gameplay of Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us 2, Spider-man, and Death Stranding, etc.

This is why they were probably just like fuck it. Fans are never happy and now they aren’t happy they aren’t getting shows anymore, go figure

Last edited:

DonF

I like the idea of e3, but with the internet, streaming and covid...I dont think its necessary anymore. Even if covid goes away, I would prefer edited prerecorded presentations, way cleaner.

Lognor

Banned
* without Sony, Nintendo and i'm sure a lot of 3rd party publishers
Nintendo will definitely be there as will a lot of 3rd parties. Sony will be one of the few big publishers not there. And that's okay. E3 was fine without them. I look forward to having e3 again next year.

Top Bottom