• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA’s CFO reveals Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 5 will release before Christmas

Lucreto

Meh,

I don't know why they have two FPS games so close to each other. It should be Battlefield and Mass Effect this year and Titanfall next year.

Footos22

People called it "Call of Duty with mechs", but the out-of-mech play was the best part.

PrestigiousTheseBumblebee.gif

The mechs were pretty sweet, too. Love Titanfall so much.

I'd prefer it if it didn't have mechs tbh. Hardly ever used mine. Just let it tag along.

Isn't this the joke every Holiday season, yet Call of Duty still reigns supreme?

Call of Duty will still sell extremely well. I am happy to see IW back at the helm this year, and excited to see what they have in store.

The biggest competition that COD could get this year is if the next Battlefield is WW-themed. I think people are getting tired of futuristic shooters, and want a throwback to the older themes. COD IW could be that as well, but Titanfall 2 will be a futuristic shooter. Could be good for them if COD IW and BF5 are WW-themed, or if they are not, Titanfall 2 will just be another COD that won't sell as much.

That's interesting. I feel the exact opposite. I dont think the 10-20 year olds (made up age bracket i know) who havent grown up on WWI/WWII shooters will want fuck'all to do with them. "Why cant i double jump? Why is there no wall run?" "What is this piece of shit wooden gun?" I really think the times have changed as far as mainstream FPS goes and we've progressed to augmented mobility and multi-function weapons and such. I can't see a way back (for CoD or BF or the big FPS franchises) to the old games with realistic mobility and simple firearms etc. I really cant.

farisr

Probably won't be getting it, as chances of splitscreen are slim and I don't have time for multiplayer shooters that don't allow at least 2 players splitscreen online.
Titanfall on PS4. Now all of a sudden this site is going to go from majority trolling Titanfall to majority claiming it's GOTY :>

or it'll ship in a much better state than Titanfall 1 did and some of the hardcore fans of the original game will cry "fanboys" without recognizing that the improvements that were made were the cause of the better reception rather than console exclusivity.

or it'll ship in a similar state to the first game did and people will treat it similarly to the first one.

Titanfall made me jump on the X1 train early, loved what it offered. Probably gonna pick up the PS4 version this time around though, I'm super excited to see what they've been working on. COD4:MW campaign for mechs please!!!

Titanfall was the only FPS game in the last few years that actually felt fresh to me. I will probably buy a sequel, especially now that I'll have a new machine to play it on.

Megatron

I guess the 3 year cycle of titanfall, battlefront and star wars was too logical, hih? Gonna cram tf and bf into the same window. :|

Here's to hoping Titanfall still uses Azure. While I'm at it, here's to hoping Respawn convinced DICE to use Azure as well; or at least talked to them about server infrastructure and netcode.

Here's to hoping Titanfall still uses Azure. While I'm at it, here's to hoping Respawn convinced DICE to use Azure as well; or at least talked to them about server infrastructure and netcode.

Wat... why

The servers used for Battlefield are fine and more reliable than the Azure stuff. I have a better connection etc with the Battlefield games than a games that use azure.
Dice should convince Respawn to use Frostbite. If they still use Source. Oh man...

maxiell

People can play two games. It's not that insane an idea, geez. I bet they offer both plus the respective season passes for $140 or thereabouts.

Chris1

People can play two games. It's not that insane an idea, geez. I bet they offer both plus the respective season passes for $140 or thereabouts.

Titanfall DLC is probably going to be free. Titanfall 1 made the DLC free and Vince Zampella said they were looking into ideas to keep it free for the sequel.

Wat... why

The servers used for Battlefield are fine and more reliable than the Azure stuff. I have a better connection etc with the Battlefield games than a games that use azure.
Dice should convince Respawn to use Frostbite. If they still use Source. Oh man...

Titanfall and Halo 5 are the best online games I've ever played in terms of server stability and simulating a LAN experience. Battlefield 4 was unplayable by my standards 9 months after it came out. Never tried it after that. If they made it better that's great, but Azure is still far preferable.

Daffy Duck

IW CoD this year, no chance I pick that up so will get Battlefield5 and Titanfall 2.

I enjoyed Titanfall but it was just a little too shallow for me.

yurinka

With a proper single player campaign with enough content and a PS4 version I think this time Titanfall 2 will do a great work in sales.

Whompa02

Depending on how much more is actually added to Titanfall, based on the feedback from the first one, I'll see if I want to get it or not.

Depending on whether BF5 is actually BF5 or some alternate reality WWI weirdness, I could see Titanfall 2 in September, then BF5 in November. If this new BF is some spinoff, then Titanfall 2 in November makes more sense.

Because you know Titanfall 2 is coming on Xbox right? And most Xbox users given a choice between them will opt for Gears.

My statement was that Titanfall will outsell Gears easily. Which it will, I never mentioned anything about only *on the Xbox One All in One Entertainment System

Or do you think that Gears 4 will manage to outsell Titanfall across all platforms?

Euron

I think I'll just skip BF5 and get Titanfall 2. Too many games coming out this year and only so much time. Though if BF5 really is just WW1 and not futuristic I'll probably at least rent it.

Hip Hop

Surely they aren't dumb enough to release Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 5 within a couple of months of each other.

I don't see a problem with that. If they want Titanfall to become a juggernaut in sales, it has to get the time before Christmas . BF5 could easily get October, while Titanfall gets November/December. Both could enjoy the sales if they are a month apart.

Disxo

So hyped for both of them.
I'd love that both games have a campaign teaching the game mechanics and throwing in some offline battles, I'm tired of those dumb stories.

Nabbis

Titanfall on PS4. Now all of a sudden this site is going to go from majority trolling Titanfall to majority claiming it's GOTY :>

Everyone is secretly in love with the game you like, if they claim otherwise then it's just jealousy.

Loved Titanfall even though its content was on the light side. Hopefully they fix that.

Battlefield 5 is an instant buy especially if it's set in WWI. BF4 was too good.

Top Bottom