• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA’s CFO reveals Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 5 will release before Christmas

Azalean

Banned
Titanfall and BF are very different types of FPS and target different audiences. They'll be fine. And we don't know how close each will be to one another.

denx

I just can't get excited about a Battlefield game right now. If they let the franchise rest another year then I'd probably be onboard, but now I can't muster the interest. Franchise fatigue and all that.

Titanfall 2 tho, that's the real deal for me now.

I really didn't expect those this year for some reason.

This fall is going to kill my wallet....

Battlefield.. I originally thought that'd get delayed into 2017 with TF2 being a holiday 2016, I'm surprised they're going to release them so close together.

I really wish they would save one of them for an early 2017 launch.

Chris1

Sounds like bad idea to have titanfall go head to head with both cod and battlefield...
Going head to head against Ghosts 2 is a brilliant idea.

Battlefield.. I originally thought that'd get delayed into 2017 with TF2 being a holiday 2016, I'm surprised they're going to release them so close together.

Bishop89

I dont see how it makes sense to release 2 shooter franchises so close to each other from the same publisher :/

NOt that im complaining as I want both, but still

I hope they use the Frostbite engine for Titanfall 2. Battlefront looks a generation apart from Titanfall 1. Along with a single player campaign and the series can get to the next level in terms of mindshare in AAA gaming (top ten monthly in NPD a la GTA, COD, etc.)

netBuff

Titanfall and Halo 5 are the best online games I've ever played in terms of server stability and simulating a LAN experience. Battlefield 4 was unplayable by my standards 9 months after it came out. Never tried it after that. If they made it better that's great, but Azure is still far preferable.

Halo 5 suffered a ton of problems, hardly "simulating a LAN experience".

And Battlefield 4 was fine "9 months after it came out".

Chris1

We dont know if its ghosts 2
Whether it's called Ghosts 2, Modern Warfare 4 or something new all together doesn't really matter, the game is going to get shit on either way and the internet will make it known IW made Ghosts. They could call it Black Ops 4 and I still think it would bomb hard by CoD standards (which is obviously still massive numbers, but still).

I don't think it'll be called Ghosts 2 either but dunno, there's some leaks/rumours that it will be.

My experience was pretty much exactly like the poster's that you quoted. I essentially stopped playing bf4 because of the poor performance. On the other hand, server stability with Halo 5 was and has been fantastic for me. Generally speaking, those two experiences are more or less what the majority of people encountered. It's a shame Halo 5 gave you issues though.

Makes a lot more sense they have a day to themselves outside of E3 then. These two plus their sports titles, Amy Henning's Star Wars game, Mass Effect, and maybe that criterion game actually looks like a game now.

Nice to see that Battlefield 5 is coming out this year (even though we know jack about it as of right now). Still, we need some good shooters so I'm looking forward to whatever it may be that they're cooking up.

ps3ud0 8)

Mrbob

I really wish they would save one of them for an early 2017 launch.
You might get your wish the way games get delayed nowadays.

Dont care about bf but looking forward to seeing what Titanfall 2 brings. First game was great for about 10 hours. Expecting a well fleshed out sequel.

I passed on purchasing Titanfall due to numerous reasons but Titanfall 2 is a game that I'll be keeping a close eye on. if the dev has improved on its shortcoming I'll probably end up being one happy customer. Having the release date be sometime this year is good news for me.

Atlas157

I'm really hoping EA releases them months apart so one doesn't cannibalize the other.

Nice to see that Battlefield 5 is coming out this year (even though we know jack about it as of right now). Still, we need some good shooters so I'm looking forward to whatever it may be that they're cooking up.

jim2point0 8)

Fixed.

Pandy

Really hopefuly for Titanfall 2.
I was bored of the original a few hours into the Beta, but there was obviously stuff in there that could be expanded on to make a great game.

Two things I want from Titanfall 2:
AI bots to be gone, or be significantly more interestingly used than they were.
Non-humanoid Titans. Such a wasted opportunity.

As for Battlefield 5... the rumoured/leaked WW1 setting could be interesting, but DICE are still very much on the naughty step.

jdstorm

Banned
I never played the first titanfall due to not owning any of the platforms it was on, but hearing it described as COD with a high level of Platforming definitely had me intrigued. For me to buy it I'd want.

1. A single player campaign.
2. Some form of local co op. Even if it's just a split screen bot mode

nahlakhai

If by a ton of problems you mean a hiccup once every other month then yeah I agree. I wonder if TF2 on XB1 will use Azure again.

My body is ready for Tifanall 2.

The flack it got for being an Xbox 'exclusive' was ludicrous. It is/was fantastic. Outstanding.

If it comes this side of Christmas, even better.

Strike

I'll definitely pick up Titanfall 2 over Battlefield as I missed out on the first one and I'm still preoccupied with Battlefield 4.

Armadilo

Banned
Guy from Game Informer tweeted,
Pretty damn excited about our next two covers. Next cover reveal is Tuesday.

Titanfall 2 next, followed by the next Battlefield or the Next COD. I'm Thinking

Walpurgis

Banned
I hope BF5 has a single player. I know DICE created the BF3 campaign but I can't pass up the chance to have a WWI campaign. I hope they include several campaigns: Russians in the eastern theatre, Germans in the western theatre and Ottomans in the southern theatre. That way, we can have snow, temperate, desert environments, etc.

Guy from Game Informer tweeted,

Titanfall 2 next, followed by the next Battlefield or the Next COD. I'm Thinking

Interesting.

Titanfall 2 vs Infinity Ward's game this year

homero.gif

J-Rzez

Infinity Ward (lol) vs Respawn.

I know which game I am getting :)

Yeah, I mean I'm buying BF5 and TF2, it would take a miracle for me to buy an Infinity Ward game. I mean, it would have to be a straight up remake of MW1/2 basically for me to consider it.

If the next Battlefield is as lackluster as the past 3 entries I'll probably only pick up Titanfall 2. I stomached Battlefield 3 and had good times with friends but deep down the only way I'll ever enjoy another entry in the series is if they go back to the non-restrictive gameplay of 1942/2/2142/BC2.

Top Bottom