• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA and FIFA officially end their partnership

reksveks

There won’t be a few FIFA game on shelves for years, if ever. Someone would have to license the name and develop a game in a very short time frame, while EA’s game will be out soon. Who is going to buy the FIFA license for $2 billion??? That’s what they want for it.

Best case for another FIFA is they lower their price a LOT and hope EA takes them back.

There is only one company that I think makes sense (2K) but I don't know if they have a resources to make a good game in that timeframe. I think they could get a game out for fifa 24.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
It's just a name. If the gameplay is the same and it has the major leagues then people won't give a shit.

As much as EA suck, I am on their side here. FIFA can go fuck themselves :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

edit: I wonder if FIFA will approach Strikerz to see if they want to rename UFL to FIFA :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
End of an era honestly, Fifa is one of those games people grew up with in the late 90s all the way up to today.

Late 90s? I remember playing FiFA back in 93 or 94. I quit sometime in 96 or 97. Like most of their games their failure to evolve made them boring.

I used to play all of the EA games, NBA Live, FIFA, Madden, NHL, even Triple Play baseball.

EA has let the industry eat its lunch after focusing on exclusive deals. NBA 2K killed NBA Live or it killed itself. Triple Play is dead too and The Show is all that is left.

If Take2 does get the FIFA license, it's only a matter of time until they produce a better soccer game.

The question is: Are Sony (or other publisheres) willing to spend $1 billion in order to use the FIFA license for their games?

I can really only see two organizations doing this either TakeTwo or Sony.

Huge opportunity for TakeTwo, but it obviously comes at a price.

For Sony I think it would have to be a Sony Group deal not just SIE. You're talking about a huge marketing partnership.

Top Bottom