• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Announces Battlefield 2042 Crossplay Between Console & PC Will Be Optional

ethomaz

Banned
The “few” who want to use it? You must love longer queues and matchmaking times or have no friends on opposite systems. This is something that should have happened 10 years ago for third party titles. People shouldn’t have had to drop an additional $500 just to play with their friends.
What long queue? C’mon… it was a non issue.

Last edited:

On Demand

Banned
I’d rather not have cross play at all in any game.

Having the option to turn it on or off is going to make the player pool smaller. You’ll have separate groups who leave it on, and whole other groups that play with it off.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Always almost incredible people still preferring the worst input method for shooters for whatever reasons and worse, still fooling themselves with aim assists. And then complaining about people with the best inputs...
For me personally having a nice PC I still play shooters on console to avoid as many hackers as possible

cross play on by default took this from a day one game to not gonna bother. The only way to stop this BS is to hit em in the wallet. Enough people not buying or just binning the game after experiencing the joys of the pc cesspool is the only way to end this shit,

S0ULZB0URNE

Anyone who says they would rather deal with hacks like this on PC vs those addons packs I think is straight up trolling.

These hacks here are just stupid

Right it's nowhere near comparable.

I know someone who buys these cheats for shooters and the definitions are updated daily so they gotta pay monthly if they want to keep using them.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Anyone who says they would rather deal with hacks like this on PC vs those addons packs I think is straight up trolling.

These hacks here are just stupid

Dealing with them = reporting and quitting the match. You can't deal with XIM users because no ban and no way to know they are using it.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Dealing with them = reporting and quitting the match. You can't deal with XIM users because no ban and no way to know they are using it.
Makes sense since quitting the match since you wont see this until you are dead anyhow though not exactly what I call dealing with them

But again to each their own

S0ULZB0URNE

Good thing I rarely see any suspect using. And they may be banned. XIM + aim assist will never be banned...
Nor is comparable.
lk9aq8c.gif

Also most of the controller enhancements just reduce recoil,something that's a automatic feature of using a mouse vs controller on PC.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Nor is comparable.
lk9aq8c.gif

Also most of the controller enhancements just reduce recoil,something that's a automatic feature of using a mouse vs controller on PC.
XIM is not only controller enhancements. It allows m&kb+ no recoil + aim assist. And mouse reduces recoil??? Are you for real???

Last edited:

BigLee74

I used to love Warzone, but me and my squad of console buddies (Xbox and PS) have simply stopped playing. Over the year, console players have drifted away, leaving nothing but sweaty PC squads with laser aim to play against. It’s just no longer fun. Which is a shame because for a good while there it was amazing - plenty of similarly skilled console players to duke it out with.

BF will undoubtedly suffer from the same fate with crossplay enabled. It’s a blessing between consoles, and a curse when introducing the (majority of) PC community.

F355

Neo Member
So it seems the majority here are like I expected, against console + PC crossplay.
I see in the comments on Facebook regarding the latest cod anticheat being hacked that a lot of people are also moaning about PC, so why does this seem to go unaddressed?

it states the playerbase on warzone is on the decline so it should surely be a matter of time, and if so hopefully other games follow suit

Ev1L AuRoN

I think it will be better for me as a PC player, fair is fair, gamepad players can be easy targets but they also can sink my team down, it's good to have the option.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I love how the general assumption is that every console user uses aim assist. Games like Siege don't even have it and I turn if off for every game I can (which is pretty much all of them). I don't think a single person I play Battlefield with uses it either. Also comparing aim assist to aimbot is beyond stupid.

Besides that, the arguing back and forth is annoying like usual.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

1st off why the hell would you turn off aim assist?!?!? 2ndly at mid to long distance it doesnt make that much difference and in close you dont need to worry about recoil in the 1st place.
Even with aim assist controllers pale in comparison to KB/Mouse.

Play a skilled fps game like unreal tournament or quake with a controller vs kb/mouse and it's not pretty.

Even with aim assist controllers pale in comparison to KB/Mouse.

Play a skilled fps game like unreal tournament or quake with a controller vs kb/mouse and it's not pretty.
well sure but I was talking about console play and being ancient lol. I used to play on pc back before I got old and was an instagib god in q3 and and ut but that was a fucking long time ago!

NickFire

This situation is helping me stay on the fence over this game, because I want to see how active the game is on PS5 after it launches. If it were console only cross play I'd have no concerns over player base. But I'm not interested in playing against PC players.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Making last gen versions is disturbing there’s a financial commitment to last gen that’s disturbing.

Dibils2k

Aim assist suckers complaining about players with mouse and kb and vice versa? Hilarious.
the beta had very little aim assist, giving an even bigger advantage

its a horrible implementation of crossplay, it should focus on both vonsoles and only turn to PC players if noone can be found

waiting times has usually only been a PC issue, and so PC players get to keep all the perks of running a PC and piggyback of the console player base.

before crossplay, it used to be a case of getting out skilled by another player under similar circumstances, now it’s a case of, KB+M, FOV, FPS etc, then the extra hackers that come with it, also graphics settings, some were setting the graphics so low you could easily spot other players as the environments Vegetation

Take it you seen the warzone video of console vs PC and the FOV advantage?
PC players get all the positives and non of the negatives in crossplay, we console players get the crap end of the stick.

if I was head of PlayStation I’d reinstate the anti crossplay attitude they once had and put an end to this B.S, shame they bowed to the pressure
Ive never played a game where Cross play was forced with PC. Can you list some examples?

I play Overwatch and they have crossplay consoles for Comp but quickplay u can play PC but they remove aim assist when you do.

Top Bottom