• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA blames COVID and halo infinite on Battlefield 2042 failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingfey

Banned

It’s no secret that Battlefield 2042 killed two players, whose frustrations pushed them to create a petition for any refunds on any platform. EA is making the blame for the game failures on the COVID-19 pandemic and Halo Infinite.

According to an exclusive report from Xfire obtained by Tom Henderson, EA sat the town hall yesterday to discuss how the launch of Battlefield 2042 went wrong. Chief studios officer, Laura Miele said that, as well as technical difficulties with the Frostbite engine, developers had problems adjusting to their home environment, which they forced onto them by the pandemic.

If you add all of this new innovation, all of that ambition for the new project and then you add a global pandemic halfway through the project, where the game teams worked from home, we would have been more satisfied with the new variables, she said.

Miele also revealed that despite the initial praise for Battlefield 2042 at its phase of testing, the amount of bugs reported after the launch reached historic levels for a DICE game, which made Halo Infinite better by comparison. He didn’t recognize that comparison because the surprise release of Halo Infinite was more polished than Battlefield 2042, which she admits hurt its sales.

It may have been very effective to get the bugs produced by the fact that the Frostbite engine needed to be upgraded for the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S, which took over 18 months of development time to do. Because the version of Frostbite was very old, the devs have to create the new one.

To avoid problems like this in the future, all Battlefields teams will be restructured to secure a more streamlined process. The first season of Battlefield 2042s is launched this summer. So for the future, EA has to stay vigilant.

ManaByte

It’s no secret that Battlefield 2042 killed two players
Chris Pratt What GIF

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
So none of the glitches, bugs, etc are responsible for the games horrible launch? Stop setting dead lines and give devs appropriate time to work on these games.

Reading is hard:

"the amount of bugs reported after the launch reached historic levels for a DICE game, which made Halo Infinite better by comparison. "

Of course, assuming this is accurate, because it's the usual insider crap with no receipts. I understand the headline makes it sound like something very different than what it is, because people can't write headlines without sensationalizing nowadays, but do try to read beyond it. 🤔

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Lol. Just like any sad loser. Can't admit your game is shit and your developers are (with all respect, lack the talent. to say the least), and blame it on others for your failure.

Doesn't help when the company is running on woke and soy sauce snowflakes people.

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
lmao Halo Infinite is a totally different type of game.

Hell, even Call of Duty's core 6v6 mode is a fundamentally different type of game to BF, so even their closest competitor IMO can't really be blamed for poor sales.

Go find a new excuse you dumb asses.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Per article, I don't think they necessarily blame Halo Infinite for Battlefield's mediocre sales, but rather admitted Halo was released in a much better condition with less technical issues. Although it does beg the question of why they mention Halo at all when discussing the issues of their game. I Hope with a capital H that they didn't count on the success of BF being largely based on their being able to ship with less bugs than the competitor.

kingfey

Banned
Reading is hard:

Of course, assuming this is accurate, because it's the usual insider crap with no receipts. I understand the headline makes it sound like something very different than what it is, because people can't write headlines without sensationalizing nowadays, but do try to read beyond it. 🤔
He didn’t recognize that comparison because the surprise release of Halo Infinite was more polished than Battlefield 2042, which she admits hurt its sales.

For halo infinite, the surprise release hurted their sales. Which is why, they are blaming it.

Edit: also the polish release like you stated affected the sales too.

Last edited:

recursive

Reading is hard:

You didn't say anything of substance with this post. Salty you didn't get "insider" info?

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Per article, I don't think they necessarily blame Halo Infinite for Battlefield's mediocre sales, but rather admitted Halo was released in a much better condition with less technical issues. Although it does beg the question of why they mention Halo at all when discussing the issues of their game. I Hope with a capital H that they didn't count on the success of BF being largely based on their being able to ship with less bugs than the competitor.

This, as for the reason, it's really pretty obvious. It's another FPS with a very heavy multiplayer component, so obviously if you release an unpolished game and someone releases a polished and good game within the same timeframe, that's gonna hurt your sales further.

It seems to me a pretty simple analysis of the facts.

You didn't say anything of substance with this post. Salty you didn't get "insider" info?

The inability to read and understand plain English seems to be very widespread here.

The headline is misleading because it falsely alleges that Milele is blaming Halo, while she clearly mentions that the bugs of Battlefield made halo look more attractive by comparison. That's not blaming Halo. That's blaming the bugs of their own game.

PS: Some people get a lot of "insider" info every day, but they aren't assholes and don't betray the trust of their friends and contacts by using it for clicks and clout.

Last edited:
I don't hear From Software blaming COVID or any other title.... for Elden Ring and that game is...well...you'll find out..

EA hates admitting that they suck ass. Bunch of egotistical assholes.

Last edited:

Pallas

Reading is hard:

Guess you can say I jumped the gun on that one, but I really don’t expect anything at EA to change with this process. Guess we will see when the time comes.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Guess you can say I jumped the gun on that one, but I really don’t expect anything at EA to change with this process. Guess we will see when the time comes.

I don't completely blame you, because the headline is effectively very misleading in the attempt to make EA look worse than it is. Easy targets and all.

Some people just can't help themselves, and quite obviously, a lot of people here aren't reading beyond the sensational headline and falling for it. Sad to see really.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
For self centered egotistical people, it's never their own fault. It's always something and/or someone's else at fault.

It's the covid excuse, other better games, gamers brutal expectations, male toxicity, gamers lack of understanding, etc...

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Again where are those shills who were saying that "concern" over SP means nothing, since Battlefield was always MP experience and du to the fact that there is no SP, MP portion would be off da chainz

Yeah that happened.

Pejo

Am I having a stroke or was that article written poorly? Maybe the guy is ESL or something, which is fine if he is, but he should get someone to read his article before he posts it.

jigglet

Banned
I don't completely blame you, because the headline is effectively very misleading in the attempt to make EA look worse than it is. Easy targets and all.

Some people just can't help themselves, and quite obviously, a lot of people here aren't reading beyond the sensational headline and falling for it. Sad to see really.

The mods here should really be jumping on this fake news bullshit. BF deserves all the hate, but shit like this is not doing anyone any favours.

RafterXL

Damn. Can you imagine being one of those dudes who shilled for this game and deflected all criticism as "haters", for months, only to have the people who made it come out and say they shit the bed and it's a failure?

Haha Haha. I know a couple users are crying themselves to sleep tonight.

Shifty1897

EA: Halo Infinite is the reason Battlefield 2042 failed.

The real reason: EA proudly announces a post match SCOREBOARD will be coming to Battlefield 2042 five months after launch.

I can't wait for the game to be complete in 2042.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
The funny thing is that Halo infinites live service has been almost as dogshit as 2042s has. They just decided to delay the game for a year so they could fix *most* of the bugs before launch.

Ev1L AuRoN

Battlefield 2042 was such a disappointment, I was really hoping for a decent modern or even futuristic Battlefield using the latest and greatest tech. I am glad I didn't pre-order.

iHaunter

The funny thing is that Halo infinites live service has been almost as dogshit as 2042s has. They just decided to delay the game for a year so they could fix *most* of the bugs before launch.
I mean Infinite didn't even do that amazing itself. 87 MC is okay, but it was the greatest thing ever made. So I don't see how Halo could've stolen any BF2042 players. They're entirely TWO different types of games. I have no idea the point this assclown developer is making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom