• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA has reportedly cancelled a single-player game codenamed Titanfall Legends, which was in development at Respawn

I kinda wish to know more about what it was, exactly. Apex and the main franchise share very little in terms of style, art direction, aesthetic and vibe.
If it was closer to Apex0 clown world I don't really give a damn, but if it was closer to Titanfall 2 I'd be disappointed.

On second thought, it's probably better if I don't know.
Titanfall 3 of course

Gaming is REALLY starting to piss me off lately.

I get fleeced into buying Forspoken, cancel E3 and now Titanfall?

chris-farley-angry.gif
It's one blow after another in gaming these days. The thing is there's still a lot of stuff that's good and exciting getting released but man is there A LOT of bullshit we have to put up with!

Apex and the main franchise share very little in terms of style, art direction, aesthetic and vibe.

What? Literally the characters tie back to the universe, Blisk from TF runs Apex Games. Legends > Apex Predators are literally the name of Blisk's mercenaries. Plushies are in both games. Pathfinder was a mindless drone from TF's Hammond Robotics and now is a feature in Apex games. Bangalore is from the TF's > IMC. Bloodhound was cut concept art from TF, used in Apex instead.

The guns are even evolutions of their previous models from TF2 etc -
R97 > R99
R101/201 > R301
Spitfire
Flatline
Alternator

Sure they refined the formula, dropped Titans and went BR instead of PvP but this is a direct flow from TF to AL. The environments, ships, textures, jumppacks, blah blah are all shared art etc.

Top Bottom