• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Issues official statement over botched Star Wars: Survivor peformance

Draugoth

Gold Member

Image text:

We are aware that Star Wars Jedi: Survivor isn’t performing to our standards for a percentage of our PC players, in particular those with high-end machines or certain specific configurations.

For example, players using cutting-edge, multi-threaded chipsets designed for Windows 11 were encountering problems on Windows 10, or high-end GPUs coupled with lower-performing CPUs also saw unexpected frame loss. Rest assured, we are working to address these cases quickly.

While there is no single, comprehensive solution for PC performance, the team has been working on fixes we believe will improve performance across a spectrum of configurations. We are committed to fixing these issues as soon as possible, but each patch requires significant testing to ensure we don’t introduce new problems. Thanks for understanding and apologies to any of our players experiencing these issues. We will continue to monitor performance across all platforms and share update timing as soon as it is available.

The Star Wars Jedi Team

Also, reminder to please update your drivers for best results.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
is this real?

mE3Amcj.jpg

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
With how many potential PC configurations are out there, I think Open Betas should almost be mandatory. However, aren't reviewers saying that the consoles are also having significant problems as well?

Last edited:

Gudji

Perfect timing to fuck it up once again EA. With other companies making star wars games this sure is a smart move, I'm sure Disney will love to ear about it.

proandrad

If they were aware of the issue why didn’t they delay the game? Sony and Microsoft are also just as bad as EA here. They need to enforce better quality standards for games released on their systems.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
PC gaming is just a waste of money imo. Get buggy/unoptimized releases, and when it's all patched up you're left with a game that doesn't look/perform that much better than the consoles and a few grand missing from your account.
consoles get unoptimized releases. and I await anything that looks close to Cyberpunk 2077 Path Tracing on console.
Blame the developers not the platform

cireza

is this real?

mE3Amcj.jpg
Hilarious. And sad.

Great demonstration of developers understanding that they actually did not understand their code anymore, and catching exceptions here and there to try avoiding the worst. At least, someone there had a minimum of respect of the player and enough influence to be able to push for this to be implemented.

Still this reads like a game-workflow issue, which is something that should never get out of control. Well maybe in something like Skyrim or very elaborated and open games, but I am not sure that it is the case here.

OR. Now that I think about it... Done on purpose ?

Maybe they actually had understanding of the actual breaks, and have decided to "allow" sequence breaking and adapt a little bit the game so it doesn't break too much. Which would be quite nice of them, in the end.

Last edited:
consoles get unoptimized releases. and I await anything that looks close to Cyberpunk 2077 Path Tracing on console.
Blame the developers not the platform
If botched product is about all the platform is getting, then you can pretty much write off the platform until things change.
It's like PC players bring up Cyberpunk and PCVR people bring up Alyx . . . those are years old and not indicative of what is happening now.

sinnergy

PC gaming is just a waste of money imo. Get buggy/unoptimized releases, and when it's all patched up you're left with a game that doesn't look/perform that much better than the consoles and a few grand missing from your account.
I stopped playing on pc when the first Splinter Cell released , even back then I saw it was a endless money pit, and performance and how good a game could look and run was almost never hassle free .. nothing changed I see .

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
If botched product is about all the platform is getting, then you can pretty much write off the platform until things change.
how is it the hardware's fault that the game ports launch like garbage? When you consider how buggy and trashy a lot of AAA games on release come out, how can you point to OUR hardware when it's clearly deadlines and dev issues?

Kurotri

I don't like how they are singling out PC, it runs like shit on the consoles as well. I'm playing it on Series X and even with all the bells and whistles like performance mode and VRR and whatnot it's still pretty sloppy. The game itself is pretty great but it really shouldn't have been released like this.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
The worth a buy for this game is legendary.

You also know it's bad when even ShillUp can't recommend it due to performance issues. He's usually pretty lenient in that area.
why do yall call him shillup? what is he shilling for exactly?

MiguelItUp

With how many potential PC configurations are out there, I think Open Betas should almost be mandatory. However, aren't reviewers saying that the consoles are also having significant problems as well?
Always. It's exactly why there are people having completely different experiences. Some having perfectly fine experiences (like me and a few other Gaffers) and others that aren't. It's because of the differing PC configs.

It's wild to me how some studios don't put a firm hand on PC testing/QA. Because you absolutely need to give it extra attention due to differences in PC configs alone.

I really don't know with console. I've seen people say it's perfect on XSX, and PS5 with no issues. Others saying there's a ton of problems. Maybe some folks are just jumping on a hate wagon? No clue. I understand differentiation in PC performance, but consoles? Shouldn't be a thing...

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
Considering it was already delayed I assume EA demanded them to release it no matter what before Zelda, Diablo, and Final Fantasy. Not sure how much choice Respawn had here.

Top Bottom