• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Issues official statement over botched Star Wars: Survivor peformance

Bragr

Banned
I really don't know with console. I've seen people say it's perfect on XSX, and PS5 with no issues. Others saying there's a ton of problems. Maybe some folks are just jumping on a hate wagon? No clue. I understand differentiation in PC performance, but consoles? Shouldn't be a thing...
Well, people have different standards, I know people who could play 20fps games and not care, and then you have people who notice 1 micro stutter every 20 minutes.

MiguelItUp

Well, people have different standards, I know people who could play 20fps games and not care, and then you have people who notice 1 micro stutter every 20 minutes.
Of course they do, but what I'm referring to is nothing that drastic.

ps5 is what? target of 1440p60 or 4k30?

PC trials and tribulations (lord have mercy) are still worth it to get 4k + higher settings + >60fps.

Weird how the platform that has players talking about how every game runs flawlessly there seems to be the platform that is constantly having headlines like this.

Camreezie

is this real?

mE3Amcj.jpg
What the fuck is this

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
As long as they focus on fixing the PC version, that’s all that matters.

Console version can stay busted since crashes are apparently a sign of optimization.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

What the fuck is that bullshit about cutting-edge, multi-threaded chipsets designed for Windows 11 being used on Windows 10 , gtfo you bunch of cunts :ROFLMAO: its your fault for using an old OS stupid consumer!

Its good this happened because I really want to play it but I'll hold off and finish my remakes and get TotK on launch and Dead Island 2 and this will be waiting for me when I'm done with Zelda in a million months.

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Weird how the platform that has players talking about how every game runs flawlessly there seems to be the platform that is constantly having headlines like this.

In the land of consoles all PS5 owners are equals, all Xbox owners are brothers and sisters.

In the land of the PC there are the 1%, the ubermenschen with their RTX 4090, Core I7 13900K, 128GB RAM and PCI-E 5 NVME SSD., there are the unwashed masses with their run of the mill gaming PCs who can only play in 1440p and then there are untermenschen who play in 1080p in the lowest settings with 30 fps who bring shame to the PC Master Race and should not be spoken of in polite society.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

So I suppose quality assurance isn't a thing these days? You didn't even have this with the recent release of DeadSpace....that's why as I mentioned in another thread I'll wait to see the state of play by the end of june if these performance hiccups have been sorted (on consoles that is..)

CGNoire

What the fuck is that bullshit about cutting-edge, multi-threaded chipsets designed for Windows 11 being used on Windows 10 , gtfo you bunch of cunts :ROFLMAO: its your fault for using an old OS!
Yah reading that Pissed me Off. I was like who is funding this Microsoft?

iQuasarLV

Revisit any new release T+1year of release. With 10,000 games per year on PC you are NOT want for choices. FFS people rewind 1 year and start from there.

Yall have no one to blame but yourselves for buying shit on day 1 anymore.

Seriously....

kicker

Banned
Revisit any new release T+1year of release. With 10,000 games per year on PC you are NOT want for choices. FFS people rewind 1 year and start from there.

Yall have no one to blame but yourselves for buying shit on day 1 anymore.

Seriously....
I agree with you but I think this is the wrong mindset for us to have.

You're blaming people for complaining about a recurring problem that has no solution yet.
What you're talking about (release year+1 = actual release year) is a workaround. Even though the workaround is simple and obvious, the problem itself shouldn't be ignored.

An age-old problem is still a problem even if it gets tiring to hear the same complaints.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
I like not being a day 1 buyer for basically all my games, it should feel horrible being a paying betatester.

Some people complaining about Ghostwire Tokyo, yet I'm over 30 hours into it with stellar performance on my mid range PC, running flawlessly over 70 or 80 fps most of the time at 1800p with everything sans RT cranked up because I'm playing like a year after it released.

PC gaming is a waiting game but that's ok by me, I always wait for patches anyway and am always playing or doing something else.

PC gaming is just a waste of money imo. Get buggy/unoptimized releases, and when it's all patched up you're left with a game that doesn't look/perform that much better than the consoles and a few grand missing from your account.
Hmmmm... damn.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
why? these guys get constantly rewarded by "reviewers" for these unfinished releases.
its pretty much the norm nowadays
Some media guys even from not so big youtube channels in Latam and Spain got invited by EA to Disneyland or some even in NY (don't remember) to preview the game and know take photos with the game actors/actresses, basically EA bought media opinion with "special treatment", don't expect them to risk another chance to have nice free vacations

Last edited:

kyussman

That seems like an odd statement......wouldn't you typically do all that stuff before the game launches,lol.

iQuasarLV

I agree with you but I think this is the wrong mindset for us to have.

You're blaming people for complaining about a recurring problem that has no solution yet.
What you're talking about (release year+1 = actual release year) is a workaround. Even though the workaround is simple and obvious, the problem itself shouldn't be ignored.

An age-old problem is still a problem even if it gets tiring to hear the same complaints.
However, it IS a solution to a problem that you can implement. Instead of complaining about things out of your control.

SeraphJan

Its funny to see some people dismiss a platform entirely just because of few bad apples, while completely ignore all the benefit PC gaming provides.

Last edited:

Ozzie666

Wait did I read that as basically how dare these people with high end hardware run windows 10 instead of windows 11? Some sort of blame shift.

Unfortunately, another example of risk analysis where the profits > the immediate push back from consumers.

Last edited:
Some media guys even from not so big youtube channels in Latam and Spain got invited by EA to Disneyland or some even in NY (don't remember) to preview the game and know take photos with the game actors/actresses, basically EA bought media opinion with "special treatment", don't expect them to risk another chance to have nice free vacations

Are there any Gaffer's that still don't believe review scores are bought and paid for?

However, it IS a solution to a problem that you can implement. Instead of complaining about things out of your control.

So ...you just don't want to hear people complaining. Got it. Because you know someone can implement that solution and still complain. Not complaining is fine, but why do you care if people do when it's a logical push back against an obvious problem in the industry?

Puscifer

Gold Member
I don't like how they are singling out PC, it runs like shit on the consoles as well. I'm playing it on Series X and even with all the bells and whistles like performance mode and VRR and whatnot it's still pretty sloppy. The game itself is pretty great but it really shouldn't have been released like this.
It's where the money is, give a certain group reason to shit on it without realizing they're eating from the same plate.

aries_71

Whoever thought of releasing it in that state, should get fired and leave the industry.
All the contrary. He’s s genius. He avoided a similar controversy as the one Redfall went through for not releasing a broken perf mode and got 8-9 scores from every outlet. He deserves a raise, which he probably got.

Last edited:

Rush2112

Banned
You chose to ignore the warnings and preordered the game in its current state. You deserve whatever you get. I have zero sympathy for you. You are the reason that this trend continues. Now complain some more.

Buggy Loop

What a shit statement

“For a percentage”
Yes, 100% is a percentage..

“Windows 10 users”
But it’s windows 11 users too.

“High end GPU paired with low end CPU”

4090 users with 7800X3D have the problem.. low end?

They have no clue what they’re doing or what’s happening. Their statement is pure gaslighting.

OverHeat

« generous god »
4090 plus 7950x3d.....its a slideshow lol going from 144 and over. too dips in the 12 Firetrash port

Fredrik

I stopped buying games on release date, you should too!
Yeah I’m getting to that point as well. There is nothing good coming from it except not getting the story spoiled, but if knowing the story is for real ruining the game then it wasn’t a good game anyway and should’ve been a movie or TV show instead.

Venuspower

I have not watched any performance videos regarding the performance of the PS5 version, as I do not want to get spoiled.

Just started playing yesterday, but the FPS feel like dogshit even in Performance mode. Does not look like they always fluctuate between 30 and 45 FPS. Can anyone confirm this?

//DEVIL//

I mean, I expect nothing from EA. They are fucked up company that needs to die. but Respawn to do be this shady? so nice to kill your reputation with a single release.

They delayed the game a few months because they KNEW it was shit and was not even playable. but to release in this state? fuck off. and fuck the media and every reviewer who gave this game a good review. you are nothing but ball-licking suckers with zero dignity to even call out an obvious bullshit and put these lame-ass devs/ publishers under fire for their shitty game WHEN they deserve it.

The same shit happened with Elden Ring, callisto protocol, Hogwart, the last of us, Gotham retards, etc, " it's a high-profile game, we must start sucking balls so they can give us more exclusive previews and shit " <-- every reviewer

Last edited:
Top Bottom