• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA just delisted bunch of old F1 games

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
  • F1 Race Stars
  • F1 2012
  • F1 2014
  • F1 2015
  • F1 2016
  • F1 2017
  • F1 2018
Delisted from Steam, also seems to be gone from PS store. Checking Xbox platform now

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Maybe to do with licensing old stuff too. Not sure.

EA curated a lot of their other sports games leaving only 1 or 2 left per sport on EA Play.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
why would anyone want to buy F1 2018 or 2012 anymore?

as long as people who bought it still have access then fine.

vzGmVLm.gif

Filben

I mean, it's cool 2013 is there, the last non-hybrid era game that's so good making 2012, 11, and 10 almost obsolete.

Since all the games got better and better, it's, at least practically, not so bad.

However, in terms of game preservation it's sad. Why not leave it for this one guy who cares about 2015? Does it cost them money to have it listed?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Well, at least we're getting the newest one on Game Pass to compensate.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
The games only got good around 2016.
17 and 18 were great but who is really buying those titles today?

Unk Adams

Banned
I mean, it's cool 2013 is there, the last non-hybrid era game that's so good making 2012, 11, and 10 almost obsolete.

Since all the games got better and better, it's, at least practically, not so bad.

However, in terms of game preservation it's sad. Why not leave it for this one guy who cares about 2015? Does it cost them money to have it listed?
It might not seem so bad today when they're just delisting a bunch of F1 games that probably not a single person cares about. It gets worse tomorrow when they start delisting or updating games years later because they're now considered "offensive" or whatever, especially if physical copies of those titles don't exist.

The games only got good around 2016.
17 and 18 were great but who is really buying those titles today?

2016 is when it became necessary to do a load of tedious practice sessions to earn the resource points to make sure your team didn't fall behind. I like 2015 for that reason, even if I haven't played it much recently.

2019 is when they decided that "rule changes" making your upgrades unavailable unless you spent half the points again "adapting" them would make the game more fun.

Top Bottom