• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Reports First Quarter Fiscal Year 2010 Results

gofreak said:
But...the percentages are just based on the GAAP and non-GAAP figures, so it's kind of the same thing as using the dollar figures themselves? Unless I'm missing some other numbers?

The GAAP percentage numbers are taken after the adjustments, not before, so you can see the ordinal ranking go Wii > 360 > PS3 > PSP > DS. Otherwise, no, it's not that there's additional information there so much as that the information is presented in a way that's easier to extract this particular information (relative money made on each system, after adjustments) for anyone confused by Rhindle's technically-accurate-yet-misleading post.

Xiaoki

Sonos said:
But before the merger Activison was coming down with some real hits whereas before they were spiraling out of control. There was a time when all I remember of Activision was Tony Hawk year after year. Regardless of what you think of them now, they got their shit together and made it work. I dont think Blizzard would have joined up with them if they hadn't.

2cents.
Blizzard didnt have a choice in the matter.

And Activision's yearly Tony Hawk has become monthly Guitar Hero.
They've gone into milk overload recently(like EA did before, guess these companies just cant learn from each other), which would eventually destroy any company that isnt supported by a money making juggernaut(WoW).

EA tried to have their own WoW with Warhammer Online but that didnt go as EA planned.

szaromir said:
Seems like EA is only #2 after all - Activision managed a whopping number of $1,04B in revenues last quarter, as compared to EA's $816M. But EA has so many AAA releases by March 31st that I think they might get a shot at beating Activision in the financial year.
Its possible. With Starcraft 2 delayed it is possible. But MW2 and Guitar Hero may be enough for Activision.

Gwanatu T

Xiaoki said:

And Activision's yearly Tony Hawk has become monthly Guitar Hero.
They've gone into milk overload recently(like EA did before, guess these companies just cant learn from each other), which would eventually destroy any company that isnt supported by a money making juggernaut(WoW).

EA tried to have their own WoW with Warhammer Online but that didnt go as EA planned.

Its possible. With Starcraft 2 delayed it is possible. But MW2 and Guitar Hero may be enough for Activision.

It's really annoying to see these companies put all their effort in to milking a series that should have died a while ago. Regardless though it's nice to see that EA has changed their game from last generation's whore-fest.

When did Starcraft 2 get delayed, and when is the new date?

Gwanatu T said:
It's really annoying to see these companies put all their effort in to milking a series that should have died a while ago. Regardless though it's nice to see that EA has changed their game from last generation's whore-fest.

When did Starcraft 2 get delayed, and when is the new date?
DONT REMIND ME OF THE DELAY

FUCK BLIZZARD :(

The new date is "sometime in the first half of 2010"

Opiate

Xiaoki said:

Normally this would be the case, since Blizzard is just a subsidiary, but they also happen to be the most special subsidiary in the world, so they were indeed given choice. Mike Morhaim had to personally okay the merger. It was posted as such on the Blizzard site.

Top Bottom