• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA restricts FIFA and Madden next-gen upgrades to their special editions, FIFA upgrade limited solely to $99.99 digital-only Ultimate Edition

Stop complaining about all these guys. Companies do such things coz their audience support it. EA and industry as whole dont give fuck about what few 100 members on Gaf or Era complaining about all this lol. You all not even their audience.

keraj37

Hearing this I am happy to have FIFA 21 NextGen and NBA 2k21 NextGen on the lunch for XSX. I see they are not coming to PC anytime soon.
Sport games belong to console world it seems.

Andodalf

Banned
From what I'm seeing you have to buy the 99 dollar special edition to get the full benefit of the next gen systems.

No, there’s the 60$ last gen version, and 70$ current gen. The 100$ is just the version with both. People just want to circle jerk

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
No, there’s the 60$ last gen version, and 70$ current gen. The 100$ is just the version with both. People just want to circle jerk
So if I have a PS4, I only need to buy the 60 version. But what if I get a PS5 in one month and I want the next gen version?
Can you please stop pretending this is ok? No wonder why EA like to fuck us all with comment like this.

Andodalf

Banned
So if I have a PS4, I only need to buy the 60 version. But what if I get a PS5 in one month and I want the next gen version?
Can you please stop pretending this is ok? No wonder why EA like to fuck us all with comment like this.

Oh no, that for sure sucks, but it’s just a lie to say you can only get the next gen version by paying 100$.

If you’re that concerned about owning EA, never buy madden at launch, and only buy it like every 4 years because theres that’s really all you need. In that case you’ll never have to worry about buying two versions the same year!

Andodalf

Banned
You don't need to buy anything. Just wait till you get a ps5.

If you care about franchise, wait and see if the scouting update actually comes out and is good in a couples months. IMO that’s the only reason to get the game unless you are addicted to football or just MUT. In which case you’re probably buying the 100$ version anyway.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
but it’s just a lie to say you can only get the next gen version by paying 100$
I don't care. Making excuses for EA is not helping at all. I mean WHAT THE FUCK FOR REAL, how can you say things like that.
I mean everyone is like "holy shit the gaming industry is going straight into the wall" or "oh no this famous dev is just an empty shell now" and also "uh, we get MTX & DLC's in this single player game???" etc, etc... but when I see comments like those, no wonder why.
Or maybe it is important only when it's a game you like?
You don't need to buy anything. Just wait till you get a ps5.
In fact I won't buy it for sure because I have zero interest in those (at least not until FIFA is next gen on PC). But we need to say loud and clear that this kind of behavior is shit and should not be accepted, because if not other publishers are gonna do it and I don't want that.

Andodalf

Banned
I don't care. Making excuses for EA is not helping at all. I mean WHAT THE FUCK FOR REAL, how can you say things like that.
I mean everyone is like "holy shit the gaming industry is going straight into the wall" or "oh no this famous dev is just an empty shell now" and also "uh, we get MTX & DLC's in this single player game???" etc, etc... but when I see comments like those, no wonder why.
Or maybe it is important only when it's a game you like?

In fact I won't buy it for sure because I have zero interest in those (at least not until FIFA is next gen on PC). But we need to say loud and clear that this kind of behavior is shit and should not be accepted, because if not other publishers are gonna do it and I don't want that.

I basically never make comments like that. I think gaming is in a fine place, we’re seeing a ton of great stuff and people circle jerk way too hard against modern games. And I do like madden (cus I’m addicted to college football, and ncaa 14 doesn’t play well by modern standards)

There being a different current and next gen version of the game is far down the list of problems with madden. It’s anti consumer for sure, but they can hopefully just add a 10$ upgrade like we see for games like sony exclusives.

Additionally we need to see if the next gen version is even good, last year a lot of players (including me), stated on last gen for everything but franchise because the next gen meta and slower pace wasn’t as fun.

NickFire

The next gen version comes out on the same day. If you have a PS5 or XSX are you seriously going to play the previous-gen version?
Dual entitlement is needed for people who want to play against friends who haven't found new systems yet, and for people in same household who don't have next gen system yet.

dEvAnGeL

The next gen version comes out on the same day. If you have a PS5 or XSX are you seriously going to play the previous-gen version?
EA games, except from F1 have no cross gen play, at least it didn't with past games, you need the last gen versions if your friends don't have the new consoles.

Top Bottom