• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA says it can’t recover 60% of players’ corrupted Madden franchise save files

SJRB

Gold Member

But users who attempted to log in to play online franchise games during a 22-hour period ranging from Wednesday afternoon to Thursday morning saw their franchise save data corrupted by the aforementioned "data storage issue," as EA confirmed over the weekend. And while EA says some of those corrupted save files can be recovered from a backup, it adds that the development team is "currently projecting around 40% of leagues to be recovered."

You can't make this shit up. That's some weapons-grade failure.

feynoob

Banned
EA man.
trump news GIF

I can feel their pain. All these hours in the drain.
I would hate to lose all my fifa progression, if that happened to me.

Banned
:) I am happy to read this headline for several reasons.

that's my immediate reaction to this news

Last edited:
First Madden I haven’t bought in forever. Maybe since Madden 2000. Even the EA Play trial was glitched and wouldn’t work for me 😆

Sadly they’ll still make tons of profit and will have no reason to improve. Wouldn’t be surprised if they offer “premium servers” for save files from now on.

Zero_Karisma

Neo Member
This series continually has technical issues every year. I don’t really follow too much anymore because EA decided long ago they were going to catered to a casual crowd rather than football enthusiasts. This franchise will always be the biggest video game disappointment ever and it’s not even close.

Mephisto40

So basically they are going to have to refund everybody who played this mode, any money they put into it?

Seems like the only fair thing to do, which is why they probably wont do it

Lunarorbit

Sorry, but is "Connected Franchise Mode (CFM)" some kind of cloud file save?
Since its introduction in 2013's Madden NFL 25, Connected Franchise Mode has let users control a single player, coach, or owner across online leagues with friends or strangers who are doing the same, and even change who they control mid-season. The mode has been a popular option for the decade since, with one Deadspin writer going so far as to say: "If I can’t play connected franchise mode, I’m not playing their terrible game."

From the story. I haven't played a madden since 2011 but it this seems like a huge breaking point for series regulars.

I bet this is devastating to some gamers who've being playing the same character for 10 years.

So basically they are going to have to refund everybody who played this mode, any money they put into it?

Seems like the only fair thing to do, which is why they probably wont do it

There’s no money involved in the online franchise mode. But holy fuck imagine the chaos that would ensue if Ultimate Team files somehow got fucked up.

Since its introduction in 2013's Madden NFL 25, Connected Franchise Mode has let users control a single player, coach, or owner across online leagues with friends or strangers who are doing the same, and even change who they control mid-season. The mode has been a popular option for the decade since, with one Deadspin writer going so far as to say: "If I can’t play connected franchise mode, I’m not playing their terrible game."

From the story. I haven't played a madden since 2011 but it this seems like a huge breaking point for series regulars.

I bet this is devastating to some gamers who've being playing the same character for 10 years.

You don’t play the same character. With every release of Madden, people start a new franchise file. So Madden 23 franchises started with the 22/23 season. Then you play out the season, do the draft, free agency, trades, etc and then move on to the next season.

But I’m sure there are lots of leagues that have already played through four or five seasons or more. Imagine you started the franchise with a shitty team like Chicago or Houston and you’ve had four great drafts and have a dynasty on your hands and EA fucked up your save file 😆😆😆

Reading the link in the OP, it says that even offline, local franchise save files were being corrupted last year. So it seems no one is safe.

rolandss

Bring back local saves. Seriously. Like GT7 has this ridiculous always on requirement. My internet drops for some weird reason and suddenly I can’t play a single player game. It’s such a crap development in modern gaming.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
EDIT: they'll probably give everyone affected 2 gold ultimate team player of the week or whatever they are called in Madden.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Bring back local saves. Seriously. Like GT7 has this ridiculous always on requirement. My internet drops for some weird reason and suddenly I can’t play a single player game. It’s such a crap development in modern gaming.
I read GT7 was to stop people modifying their saves with millions of credits because Sony want to sell them to you.

I've seen modded save files for the PS4 version, can these be imported into the PS5 version as you cannot export PS5 saves - probably never be able to either.

DaGwaphics

Yikes.

I always just do the play now head-to-head matches, but this would be a real bummer for folk that were invested in a franchise.

Broooootal lol.
Imagine being the poor fucker behind this mess. And I crap myself when I accidentally CC the wrong person into an email...

Last edited:
This game is a disaster year on year but EA are absolutely fucking useless. Company either needs to fuck off or get brand new upper management.

Reactions: CLW

sendit

Tobey Maguire Reaction GIF

Awww….I couldn’t play a single player game over the weekend. My life is over.

CLW

EA Sports if it’s lame it’s in our game.

Grew up on sports video games now I cannot stand the entire genre (ea or otherwise) it’s nothing more than micro transactions pay to win schemes with grinding to compete being a 40+ hour a week job

Gambit2483

Sad how Madden has become a total trash heap franchise.
Not surprising. This is what happens when you remove all aspects of competition. You stop giving a fuck and quality drops.

It doesn't help that the people keep paying for worse and worse product.

Top Bottom