• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA staff threaten walkout over lack of statements during Pride Month (Up: cancelled as EA confirm they wont change logo for pride)

Topher

Gold Member
Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Brock2621

Lol the ole “Silence is violence” I see… this generation is so void of finding purpose or meaning in their own lives, they fill that need by being proxy martyrs for social causes, and then make that part of their identity itself. It’s just so sad…

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Let them walk out and then disable their access cards to get back in.

The biggest mistake people made was allowing these idiots to think they have any power.

"Update: An EA employee has since said the walkout -- originally intended to call attention to hypocrisy of rainbow-washing while refusing to make a broader public statement -- was called off after EA leadership said it would not be adopting a company-wide rainbow logo this month for Pride."

Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

SoraNoKuni

While I am a leftist and a European which apparently makes me view corporations quite... bad contrary to the average American, this is pure lunacy, people here struggle to get the bare minimum in terms of wages, work hours, and work places yet there are people that have time to whine and protest about things like that, I guess it's so damned important to brag about what we do in our bedrooms nowadays.

And, mind you, I heavily support LGBTQ when they fight against discrimination and for their rights.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Never thought I would be supporting corporations (let alone EA) over employees but gosh darn it the rainbow crowd has done it.

Hard to find a more obnoxious set of people these days. I dont care about your personal life, but stop poking your noses everywhere and make it seem like a cult that is forcing and indoctrinating everyone else.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
They should walk out not because the lack of statements but because of how much SHITTY eletronic arts games are !
The funny thing is that they are perfectly fine with EA’s scam of Fifa ultimate team which generates $1 billion in revenue every year by preying on young kids and people with gambling problems. No walking out over that but lack of virtue signaling is going too far lol

Gandih42

I don't think anyone should be forced to make political statements but I think its a shame most of the big game companies are so afraid of it.

Sure, they'd do it cynically for their own benefit, but it'd still benefit whatever cause related to it by giving it exposure.

They get so much backlash for releasing broken games and screwing over customers yet people (mostly) return for the next big thing anyway. I can't imagine a pissed whatever-phobic or whatever-ist person would actually stick to boycotting their games because of, say, a Pride logo, if they don't already boycott them for the other crap that happens. It's like they have a get-out-of-jail free card.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
While I am a leftist and a European which apparently makes me view corporations quite... bad contrary to the average American, this is pure lunacy, people here struggle to get the bare minimum in terms of wages, work hours, and work places yet there are people that have time to whine and protest about things like that, I guess it's so damned important to brag about what we do in our bedrooms nowadays.

And, mind you, I heavily support LGBTQ when they fight against discrimination and for their rights.
It's not like this is even about any kind of material impact. They're literally throwing a tantrum over the company logo not virtue signaling. It's the most empty and ridiculous thing to worry about ever.

clem84

Gold Member
I mean, since when do companies have a responsibility to make a statement during pride month? Yeah, this is pretty insane. This is a good opportunity for EA to put their proverbial foot down and say "You guys are not running the company, we are." I have a feeling they will capitulate at some point.

Jennings

This is fine. They don't have any games on the horizon I care about so let them take all the time they need to make their point.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Seems like an empty threat from the get-go to me.

Basis is a single message on company Slack, no attribution is made as to who posted the message or the level of support co-signed or indicated for a proposed walkout. Given the number of sites and the non-unionization of this multinational... suggesting that a "company wide" walkout was on the cards seems errr... optimistic to say the least!

Not to mention the fact that what is being proposed here is a withdrawal of labour, not over pay or working practices, but over making/not making certain political statements! Which is utterly crazy.

Top Bottom