• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA staff threaten walkout over lack of statements during Pride Month (Up: cancelled as EA confirm they wont change logo for pride)

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Sadly, we will always see this no matter the case.

There will always be those that take advantage of any situation and try to wring it for all its worth. Whether its morbidly obese people using powered scooters to get around instead of people with physical walking disabilities, amputees, etc, or soccer moms lying about having some mental disorder they self diagnosed to procure medications or special treatment at work. However, whenever this happens I feel people should speak up and changes should be made to have these services designed for people who specifically need it.

I know in my area the super markets refuse obese people to use scooters and only allow those with actual physical disabilities to utilize them. Same with the parking spaces. But its also a smaller town so almost everyone knows each other and follows etiquette.

Slacktivism at work. There really is no easy way to “fix” these problems when there will always be lazy, opportunistic cunts trying to take advantage at every opportunity. Best thing people can do is just keep pushing for actual, positive change. Call out the despicable bastards, actually perform activist duties, talk with lawmakers, etc. Teach young men and women on how to be better or do it through your own children. Instill better life lessons and strong ethics.

It is not something that we can fix in a generation, sadly.
Sadly, it's not even political kinds of people grasping for stupidity and greediness.

I know a guy who twisted his ankle or something and got a handicap permit so he could put it on his windshield at parking lots. Ok, fine use it.

The guy got better fast and I think his permit was for 90 days. I met him for dinner and he laughed because he said he used it the whole time even when his foot was normal.

akimbo009

Gold Member
There is a difference between ignoring actual plights, actual issues and treating someone with the same dignity and respect as anyone else. ”Pride Month” is not treating LGBT folks with the same dignity and respect. Its infantilizing them. Its treating them as if they are special - they aren’t. If ”Pride Month” was simply a month of creating awareness of LGBT issues Both in local communities and other countries (referring to ACTUAL issues, not the made up bullshit that many children today claim), then I wouldn’t be against it, I would be completely for it! The reality is that it isn’t and hasn’t been for decades.

What are you yapping on about? We have a lot of months to recognize vulnerable or unique communities in America. It's not infantilism, it's respecting and elevating them into the national discord.

Less ain't more. Sorry your stuck in 1985, but let's move on from attacking national months where we recognize others like blacks, veterans, and gays

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Sadly, it's not even political kinds of people grasping for stupidity and greediness.

I know a guy who twisted his ankle or something and got a handicap permit so he could put it on his windshield at parking lots. Ok, fine use it.

The guy got better fast and I think his permit was for 90 days. I met him for dinner and he laughed because he said he used it the whole time even when his foot was normal.

Yep. Just people with poor characters and ethics. Politics really has nothing to do with it in this case.

What are you yapping on about? We have a lot of months to recognize vulnerable or unique communities in America. It's not infantilism, it's respecting and elevating them into the national discord.
Nothing about this is “respectful”. Its insulting. Its infantilizing. There is no recognition or push for better change. Its lazy, self-righteous assholes pretending they care, that they “understand” and are ”helping” others when they aren’t. Its greedy corporations taking advantage and selling products. Its loud, entitled children thinking they are special and deserve unique, preferential treatment. It actively creates divides and pushes wedges between people that don’t need to exist.

Less ain't more. Sorry your stuck in 1985, but let's move on from attacking national months where we recognize others like blacks, veterans, and gays
No, I have moved on to the modern day. I would suggest you do the same. This isn’t the 1980s where there are legitimate issues and literal hunts to remove and attack LGBT folks. This isn’t the 70s where veterans were dismissed and insulted, treated as second class citizens. This isn’t the 60s where people of different skin colors were ostracized and belittled.

I would highly suggest you get off the internet and actually walk through the United States. See and experience it for yourself instead of being told what it is through social media. Maybe then you would realize that we don’t need these months anymore and haven’t for a long while.

akimbo009

Gold Member
There are lit
Yep. Just people with poor characters and ethics. Politics really has nothing to do with it in this case.

Nothing about this is “respectful”. Its insulting. Its infantilizing. There is no recognition or push for better change. Its lazy, self-righteous assholes pretending they care, that they “understand” and are ”helping” others when they aren’t. Its greedy corporations taking advantage and selling products. Its loud, entitled children thinking they are special and deserve unique, preferential treatment. It actively creates divides and pushes wedges between people that don’t need to exist.

No, I have moved on to the modern day. I would suggest you do the same. This isn’t the 1980s where there are legitimate issues and literal hunts to remove and attack LGBT folks. This isn’t the 70s where veterans were dismissed and insulted, treated as second class citizens. This isn’t the 60s where people of different skin colors were ostracized and belittled.

I would highly suggest you get off the internet and actually walk through the United States. See and experience it for yourself instead of being told what it is through social media. Maybe then you would realize that we don’t need these months anymore and haven’t for a long while.

There are legitimate issues. There's a laundry list of problems and it's no different than the boomers saying civil rights were solved in the 60s. That's convenience, but lazy.

And no, I'm not on any social media or social justice effort but I'm not naive. Bullshit happens daily in this country from people shooting kids to doctors. If you wanna say all these issues are solved, so pack it up, ain't reflecting any reality I aware of.

But yeah, let's dump these months - cause fuck breast cancer awareness. You're are using this as a way to hate others cause you are delluded to thinking all is well if you just admit it... When clearly things ain't good.

Cyberpunkd

It's kinds of like handicapped people (mental or physical). On one hand they say we're like everyone else so treat us the same. But then there's times they want special treatment and recognition for anything from parking spots, preferred seating on public transit to easier access to getting a job as an employee with a disability.
Bro, you’re really salty about handicap spots? Can’t walk 20 meters?

It’s simple - treat us the same and don’t look at us through our disability. It doesn’t define them.
Give us help since we are same humans and citizens like you and sometimes we need more support.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
There are lit

There are legitimate issues. There's a laundry list of problems and it's no different than the boomers saying civil rights were solved in the 60s. That's convenience, but lazy.

And no, I'm not on any social media or social justice effort but I'm not naive. Bullshit happens daily in this country from people shooting kids to doctors. If you wanna say all these issues are solved, so pack it up, ain't reflecting any reality I aware of.

But yeah, let's dump these months - cause fuck breast cancer awareness. You're are using this as a way to hate others cause you are delluded to thinking all is well if you just admit it... When clearly things ain't good.
For me, I dont really care much for any holiday or recognition day. If people want to celebrate it go ahead.

But the key issue with so many of these is when it's jammed in your face and cant avoid it. It basically becomes an annual religion put in your face.

Luckily, my company doesn't go overboard with stuff, but it's still there. What does Canada have to do with Cinco de Mayo day? What does it have to do with MLK day? Why is the company jamming a United Way sign up form on my desk asking for all employees to donate? There's a million of these now.

When I first heard about Cinco de Mayo years back I had to google it. It has to do with Mexico vs. France battling it out 150 year ago. Why we in the Toronto office have to hear about it I have no idea.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

It’s simple - treat us the same and don’t look at us through our disability. It doesn’t define them.
Give us help since we are same humans and citizens like you and sometimes we need more support.
I actually park far away because I dont want anyone dinging my doors.

I totally understand the need for assistance. Just dont be unappreciative and try to bully for pity points or scoring more than needed.

I think the key difference is I take from my old man (over 80s years old). He does all shit himself even though he can barely walk. There are even special government services free by the city for senior citizens (snow removal), and he can always call one of us over to help him clear snow. He says he does it himself because he doesnt want to beg for help.

I'm the same. I'll do shit myself.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
There are lit

Keep up with the strawman arguments. I made my case, but it is clear it went over your head.

I think he is more critical of people abusing the spots when they don’t actually need it. Not that the spots exist. They should exist and they are very helpful for people with legitimate disabilities, but there is a large group of greedy cock wagons and cuntwaffles who take advantage of these services. When I see a recent amputee struggling to get through a store because the scooters were taken by morbidly obese assholes or someone who busted their leg having to walk halfway across a parking lot because a Karen who claims they have a bad hip from a mild injury years prior takes the last handicap spot - it sucks to see.

Last edited:

akimbo009

Gold Member
For me, I dont really care much for any holiday or recognition day. If people want to celebrate it go ahead.

But the key issue with so many of these is when it's jammed in your face and cant avoid it. It basically becomes an annual religion put in your face.

Luckily, my company doesn't go overboard with stuff, but it's still there. What does Canada have to do with Cinco de Mayo day? What does it have to do with MLK day? Why is the company jamming a United Way sign up form on my desk asking for all employees to donate? There's a million of these now.

When I first heard about Cinco de Mayo years back I had to google it. It has to do with Mexico vs. France battling it out 150 year ago. Why we in the Toronto office have to hear about it I have no idea.

Does st Patrick's offend, or Valentine's or Halloween? These aren't from America or Canada, so why not a few cervesas on a random day? Is it cause it's Mexican in origin versus Irish? You're being transparent.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Does st Patrick's offend, or Valentine's or Halloween? These aren't from America or Canada, so why not a few cervesas on a random day? Is it cause it's Mexican in origin versus Irish? You're being transparent.
Probably because those are holidays and celebrations that have been around forever while being fun celebratory days.

Not a day about Mexico vs France warring.

Humans have a tendency to fear what's unknown. Exposure is definitely a way to normalize something. When you see something everyday, you stop caring, and most people that personally know an LGBT person in their everyday lives tend to be chill. This is the same idea that drives the push for representation (and sometimes overrepresentation) in media, like games. Personally I agree with the logic and I have seen how this had an effect in the real world. Before, no one would talk about LGBT, it's was a taboo thing. I'm currently 23, and when I was 12 I had the courage to come out as gay to my mother because the soap opera she was watching had a gay character in it and she didn't seem to react negatively to it. Things like Pride and representation have real world benefits to people, and create a ripple effect that starts affecting even countries where LGBT people are censored and killed.

The fact LGBT people have more rights in the west is exactly because of the political push for rights with pride and whatnot. In countries where such things are not allowed, discrimination and murder of LGBT people is still a reality. This is why it's important.
Anytime a marginalized groups makes an effort to normalize themselves a group of people will complain about an agenda or how they are forcing change. When you go back to the first interracial kiss, or the first gay couple. Most of the "this is too much, they forcing their views on us" would have said the same about the other pivotal changes in the past. It's starting to become normalized but theres still a long long way to go. I mean anytime a game has a black character or gay one a large portion of the community accuses it of being woke as if those ppl being main characters alone is wrong. So what you saying is true, but at the same time still a long long long way to go in the west.

akimbo009

Gold Member
Maybe for countries directly involved with that war battling it out it's worth noticing it. But for the vast majority of people in the world, nobody cares about that day.

I care. And, I like margaritas and tacos. I have no idea what you're complaining about.

Theres Mexican people in Toronto...some of these holidays are big business, if theres a way for capitalism to sell it they will. You cant just ignore it? IDC about st pattys day in ny but im not "wahhh too much green" I just mind my business go home and game. I just don't get passive aspects of culture bothering you. It's easy to ignore pride month.

akimbo009

Gold Member
Theres Mexican people in Toronto...some of these holidays are big business, if theres a way for capitalism to sell it they will. You cant just ignore it? IDC about st pattys day in ny but im not "wahhh too much green" I just mind my business go home and game. I just don't get passive aspects of culture bothering you. It's easy to ignore pride month.
He's just triggered.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Anytime a marginalized groups makes an effort to normalize themselves a group of people will complain about an agenda or how they are forcing change. When you go back to the first interracial kiss, or the first gay couple. Most of the "this is too much, they forcing their views on us" would have said the same about the other pivotal changes in the past. It's starting to become normalized but theres still a long long way to go. I mean anytime a game has a black character or gay one a large portion of the community accuses it of being woke as if those ppl being main characters alone is wrong. So what you saying is true, but at the same time still a long long long way to go in the west.
The difference many people bring up isnt the topic at hand, but how it's done.

For example, the political issue of having elementary school kids in grades 1 and 2 being taught about sexuality and private parts. Yay or nay? For most people it's nay, but the school boards tried jamming it some reason. And then retracted it.

As for normalizing groups of people, it may or may not work. Again, if something like Pride parade is about teaching people to love and accept gay people (which most will say they look and blend in with everyone else), then why go extreme and have guys in fishnets, the gay flamboyant motorcycle dude and things like that? Pride parades are as 180 as you can get compared to the typical gay person. Just have tons of everyday people dress in everyday clothes marching in the parade.

As for media representation, the lashback isn't because there's minorities or females in games. It's how it's jammed in.

Most of the time, it's stereotypically done to begin with and the silly thing is most dev studios are like 90% white or if it's an asian team probably 100% asian. So people make it a farcical situation of representation when the people making the game are as non-representative as can be. Also, there's shitloads of Latinos and Indians (Native and East), yet almost zero characters even though the US has the biggest Latino/Hispanic base of people in the world outside of Latino countries. So the cherry picking hypocrisy is there.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
He's just triggered.
Not at all.

I love all the companies lately getting back to basics and normal corporate culture. My company barely does it aside from some non-sensical memos about celebratory days. But weve never had anything close to workers going up against management in twitter battles over political issues. People focus on what they are hired to do. Work together as a team and do your job. Nobody hires people so they can bring up Pride or abortion. You get hired to do what your job description says.

In life, act mature and leave your politics at home. When the day is over and time to go home do whatever you want on the way home.

Just as people dont want coworkers or the boss to bother them with tasks to do after dinner, dont hassle the workplace with personal issues. Bosses get enough crap from workers about their kids, divorce issues etc.... No need to bring in politics too treating the company like a babysitter for adults.

akimbo009

Gold Member
Not at all.

I love all the companies lately getting back to basics and normal corporate culture. My company barely does it aside from some non-sensical memos about celebratory days. But weve never had anything close to workers going up against management in twitter battles over political issues. People focus on what they are hired to do. Work together as a team and do your job. Nobody hires people so they can bring up Pride or abortion. You get hired to do what your job description says.

In life, act mature and leave your politics at home. When the day is over and time to go home do whatever you want on the way home.

Just as people dont want coworkers or the boss to bother them with tasks to do after dinner, dont hassle the workplace with personal issues. Bosses get enough crap from workers about their kids, divorce issues etc.... No need to bring in politics too treating the company like a babysitter for adults.

I'm fine with people leaving shit at home. They should. But people aren't machines and if the company they work at regresses - and yes, EA not recognizing Pride month is a regression since they've and so many others have - they definitely should speak out to ensure the company they work at reflects their own values. I wouldn't work at Halliburton for example cause they are lecherous shitheels. But if the company I was at suddenly acted like them, I'd speak out to bring it back.

In general, I don't know what "normal culture" means anyway. I think that's just phrasing not to offend you or keep things how they were cause status quo is awesome...

In general, this topic has become a mask for political debates and probably should stop a d go back to normal GAF which is "fuck EA" and move on.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'm fine with people leaving shit at home. They should. But people aren't machines and if the company they work at regresses - and yes, EA not recognizing Pride month is a regression since they've and so many others have - they definitely should speak out to ensure the company they work at reflects their own values. I wouldn't work at Halliburton for example cause they are lecherous shitheels. But if the company I was at suddenly acted like them, I'd speak out to bring it back.

In general, I don't know what "normal culture" means anyway. I think that's just phrasing not to offend you or keep things how they were cause status quo is awesome...

In general, this topic has become a mask for political debates and probably should stop a d go back to normal GAF which is "fuck EA" and move on.
If a company doesnt recognize certain issues, it doesn't mean they are pieces of shit. It's just that they dont want to get involved.

They want to stand neutral not taking sides because certain hot topics lean left or right and creates conflict. Look what happens to some companies when they do.

Things like charitable donations or tree planting or offering scholarships to needy people or organizations is a lot less political unless someone wants to make a stink why a $10,000 grant should go here or there. But most people will see a company donating $10,000 to any cause as good enough. But if CEOs come out and start telling the world their corporate view on Roe vs Wade that's going to be a hot debate "most" leadership would rather zip their mouths and avoid.

But some employees go on twitter and tell their view. Thats fine, go ahead. But expect some possible repercussions and flak back.

Last edited:

GeekyDad

Watching Shia Labeouf GIF

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

For example, the political issue of having elementary school kids in grades 1 and 2 being taught about sexuality and private parts. Yay or nay? For most people it's nay, but the school boards tried jamming it some reason. And then retracted it.
Exactly. And it isn’t really a political issue either. Its mentally ill people trying to push their ideology on children who have no reason of learning about such things. That is a topic that is better suited when they begin to go through puberty where sex and gender actually *matter*.

As for normalizing groups of people, it may or may not work. Again, if something like Pride parade is about teaching people to love and accept gay people (which most will say they look and blend in with everyone else), then why go extreme and have guys in fishnets, the gay flamboyant motorcycle dude and things like that? Pride parades are as 180 as you can get compared to the typical gay person. Just have tons of everyday people dress in everyday clothes marching in the parade.
Exactly, it isn’t for normalization. Its perverts dressing up for attention. I know of almost zero LGBT folks who actually like pride parades and think it is more damaging than it is helpful.

As for media representation, the lashback isn't because there's minorities or females in games. It's how it's jammed in.

Most of the time, it's stereotypically done to begin with and the silly thing is most dev studios are like 90% white or if it's an asian team probably 100% asian. So people make it a farcical situation of representation when the people making the game are as non-representative as can be. Also, there's shitloads of Latinos and Indians (Native and East), yet almost zero characters even though the US has the biggest Latino/Hispanic base of people in the world outside of Latino countries. So the cherry picking hypocrisy is there.
And once again: Exactly! No one has issues with well told characters who happen to be LGBT. Look at Emil from NieR. Look at Bill from TLOU. Look at Sylvando from Dragon Quest XI! People think that criticism against tokenism is an attack on the people themselves. It *isn’t* and never has been. Its insulting writing and marginalized groups deserve better.

But then you have people with an ideological agenda like Ghost of Johto here who love to point fingers and make wide sweeping generalizations and strawman arguments while refusing to see reality.

It gets so damn tiring.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
LGBT people aren't the same people as woke people.

Woke people push an agenda to be for the LGBT - without actually been for the LGBT.

Pride Month is one such thing. Supposely we should celebrate LGBT rights. In practice, especially on the e-web, its an entire month where Woke organisations (And remember, these aren't the same as LGBT people!) feel they have a right to tell the entire world how they should react to things. Nevermind the fact that they do this already the entire year, but now they have a dedicated name to back them behind.

I don't care about that. But then again, by birth alone, i am the most terrible being to these (predomiantly US-based) organisations: A straight white male with a opinion contrary to their own.

I know LGBT people in practice. They are just like everyone else: Human. I don't see them any differently than the person next to me. What Woke people/orgs want to do, is actually to see them as different, as exceptional, as stunning, as brave, or whatever misnomer you want to include to it.

That alone is far more damaging than any straight white male with a opinion contrary to their own could muster, because you, woke people/organisation, you claim to be fighting for LGBT right. And yet here you are, trying to make it all about you. To make those people you claim to represent special/different/exceptional/stunning/brave.

Who is the real aggressor here?

nush

I mean anytime a game has a black character or gay one a large portion of the community accuses it of being woke

R-C.18d2f88cf646b4231616c6b2f6059a98

Stop pushing a narrative that does not exist that all gamers are "I fucked UR mom" on Xbox live. Recognizing woke is like seeing the uncanny valley, you know when something is organic and authentic and when it's not.

Ballad of Gay Tony is the best of GTA IV.

elegantgamer

Neo Member
Virtue signaling is pointless. Why do you care so much that a company puts some gay colors for a month? They don't care about you. Only you should care about yourself. Stop looking for validation from strangers. Especially a company. Let them walk out if they're that easily upset then don't work there.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Virtue signaling is pointless. Why do you care so much that a company puts some gay colors for a month? They don't care about you. Only you should care about yourself. Stop looking for validation from strangers. Especially a company. Let them walk out if they're that easily upset then don't work there.
It's almost as if some are still struggling with accepting themselves.

Much of this is such wrong outrage culture that I'll just say I'm glad this thinking is becoming less and less popular.

R-C.18d2f88cf646b4231616c6b2f6059a98

Stop pushing a narrative that does not exist that all gamers are "I fucked UR mom" on Xbox live. Recognizing woke is like seeing the uncanny valley, you know when something is organic and authentic and when it's not.

Ballad of Gay Tony is the best of GTA IV.
It's not all gamers, just the ones who are vocal on forums and social media. Thanks for providing an example of a series that plays into satire utilizing gay culture in a partially satirical way with a side character. Gay tony was superb and if you want to use it as an example fine. But if I say tlou2, LIS, tell me why...the outrage from the same vocal community was just about, you know like, the story man.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
LGBT people aren't the same people as woke people.

Woke people push an agenda to be for the LGBT - without actually been for the LGBT.

Pride Month is one such thing. Supposely we should celebrate LGBT rights. In practice, especially on the e-web, its an entire month where Woke organisations (And remember, these aren't the same as LGBT people!) feel they have a right to tell the entire world how they should react to things. Nevermind the fact that they do this already the entire year, but now they have a dedicated name to back them behind.

I don't care about that. But then again, by birth alone, i am the most terrible being to these (predomiantly US-based) organisations: A straight white male with a opinion contrary to their own.

I know LGBT people in practice. They are just like everyone else: Human. I don't see them any differently than the person next to me. What Woke people/orgs want to do, is actually to see them as different, as exceptional, as stunning, as brave, or whatever misnomer you want to include to it.

That alone is far more damaging than any straight white male with a opinion contrary to their own could muster, because you, woke people/organisation, you claim to be fighting for LGBT right. And yet here you are, trying to make it all about you. To make those people you claim to represent special/different/exceptional/stunning/brave.

As a straight white male who hates the woke agenda I concur. I'm the devil in their eyes.

gela94

While I am a leftist and a European which apparently makes me view corporations quite... bad contrary to the average American, this is pure lunacy, people here struggle to get the bare minimum in terms of wages, work hours, and work places yet there are people that have time to whine and protest about things like that, I guess it's so damned important to brag about what we do in our bedrooms nowadays.

And, mind you, I heavily support LGBTQ when they fight against discrimination and for their rights.
ok we get it you are very progressssiiiiivvvveeeee!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Exactly.

I know gay people in life too. Family member and coworkers. Some you cant tell at all. Some do have a bit of that gay way they talk so you can assume it. But NONE of them are like Pride parade marchers or the movies where they all dress and act like flamboyant gay and lesbians. I guess I'm either someone who beat the odds and know zero obvious gay and lesbians or the whole fishnet and asscheek image of gay people is totally BS. Well, I'm smart enough to know the vast majority of people who arent straight are not like parade marchers or the gay comic relief dude in movies.

But as you said it's all about attention. Me, me, me. The lose their crave for attention if it's a bunch of gays and lesbians dressed in normal clothes where you cant tell.

If the group really wants to be respected as people who blend in with everyone else, then promote that in parades. Shirtless oiled up dudes slapping each others asses in front of anyone watching just supports the image of "like it or not, you're different".

So make up your mind. Does the group want respect as no different than anyone else? Does the group want respect despite parading around oiled up? Does the group want respect in all situations?

You got to made a decision because if you want people or the media to represent you in a respectable way, you cant blame them if they choose an image, but a hidden image exists.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I never understood why consumer product companies care about who their customers like to have sex with.
For a month.
$$$

Any type of political slant always comes from the marketing department. It's there way of trying to improve an image towards wholesomeness and welcoming attitudes which hopefully leads to more sales.

"A corporate friend to that group"

You will never see that initiative comes from the warehouse, sales, supply chain, finance or legal departments. It doesn't even come from HR either even though you'd think it might. HR has nothing to do with marketing or product strategies.

You'll see the company adjust their logo, do some marketing to promote the brands or company etc.... You'll almost never see something as simple as a financial donation to a LBGT organization. Not worth it. No ROI as the money might get eaten up going nowhere.

But use that money for a Pride marketing campaign and it leads to more brand awareness and sales.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
It's funny how JKR went from annoying one side by retconning with LGBT stuff to being hated by the other side because she doesn't believe men can be women. I think the whole Terfs vs TRA is just the beginning of what you create when your value is based on oppression. It's like Dave Chappelle vs Trans people, but you'll eventually see fat people vs disabled, "neurodivergent" vs Muslims and so on.

Eventually the dominant minority will stop getting support because the other minorities will realize they aren't getting a fair share. It will collapse on itself. The problem will be making it sure us and our institutions aren't under that roof as well.
The only support fat people need is a calorie deficit.

Hilarious how many fat people miraculously have an "eating disorder" (the "disorder" is essentially........... eating too much).

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The only support fat people need is a calorie deficit.

Hilarious how many fat people miraculously have an "eating disorder" (the "disorder" is essentially........... eating too much).
Just like gamblers, it' not so much an addiction. It's just lazy fucks who dont give a shit.

For people pigging out, just too lazy to read the label and work out. Everyone knows to lose weight all you got to do is eat less, exercise, or both. Yet somehow it's the food's fault or some impossible brain biology effect that takes over.

Same with gambling. Nobody forces you to do sports bets or casino blackjack. If seeing your bank balance drop into the abyss and you still dont care (all I know is when I go to Fallsview Casino and lose my whopping $200 I'm done. Time to cut the cord.), it's not snake oil lottery companies. It's the idiot in the mirror. Everyone knows the house has the edge, so to keep on plowing ahead thinking you can beat the house in the long run doesn't even make sense. For gambling, the best way to win is short term luck. Win something in the first hour and walk. The longer it goes, the house will eat away at you. But still, you got people losing their mortgage on it.

supernova8

Banned
Just like gamblers, it' not so much an addiction. It's just lazy fucks who dont give a shit.

For people pigging out, just too lazy to read the label and work out. Everyone knows to lose weight all you got to do is eat less, exercise, or both. Yet somehow it's the food's fault or some impossible brain biology effect that takes over.

Same with gambling. Nobody forces you to do sports bets or casino blackjack. If seeing your bank balance drop into the abyss and you still dont care (all I know is when I go to Fallsview Casino and lose my whopping $200 I'm done. Time to cut the cord.), it's not snake oil lottery companies. It's the idiot in the mirror. Everyone knows the house has the edge, so to keep on plowing ahead thinking you can beat the house in the long run doesn't even make sense. For gambling, the best way to win is short term luck. Win something in the first hour and walk. The longer it goes, the house will eat away at you. But still, you got people losing their mortgage on it.
Yeah I'm in the process of fixing my body through a mix of watching my calories (slight deficit), eating more healthily (I try to not think of it or even verbalize it as a "diet" because that immediately makes it seem temporary when it needs to be permanent), and exercise. I'm only a week in and it already sucks fat smelly ass but I've also already seen a change in my weight that is beyond the margin of error. Like you say, it can be done it just takes willpower.

As for gambling yeah maybe I'm just "wired" differently but I remember my first (and last) time in a casino. I spent (and pretty much immediately) lost $20 and I was like "yeah this is not productive... I'm leaving". I cannot understand how people can spend hundreds of thousands or millions unless they are genuinely good at it (ie - being on those poker tournaments - level of good).

Last edited:

zcaa0g

Banned

They don't help their cause by literally segregating themselves by deciding to being defined by an acronym, so what are YOU yapping about?

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Used to be staff walked out over poor conditions or pay, now it’s about issues unrelated to the workplace.

It’s not only unprofessional that they expect these outside discussions to be happening in the workplace, but also unproductive.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yeah I'm in the process of fixing my body through a mix of watching my calories (slight deficit), eating more healthily (I try to not think of it or even verbalize it as a "diet" because that immediately makes it seem temporary when it needs to be permanent), and exercise. I'm only a week in and it already sucks fat smelly ass but I've also already seen a change in my weight that is beyond the margin of error. Like you say, it can be done it just takes willpower.

As for gambling yeah maybe I'm just "wired" differently but I remember my first (and last) time in a casino. I spent (and pretty much immediately) lost $20 and I was like "yeah this is not productive... I'm leaving". I cannot understand how people can spend hundreds of thousands or millions unless they are genuinely good at it (ie - being on those poker tournaments - level of good).
Part of the gambling issue is the people's excitement for winning and losing. Like a rush of highs and lows.

When I lose money I feel like an idiot. Even times I won money at the track or casino, I dont find it fun at all. You sit there like a moron staring at cards hoping they come out in your favour and beat the dealer $10 or $20 at a time. I've never had the urge to go back the next day and win more after I got lucky winning a couple hundred bucks. And never an urge to go back and win it back after losing my small stash. I'm done for the day and maybe I'll come back with the gang next year.

But for some people, the excitement of seeing that card flip over or 7-7-7 on a slot machine is like a dream.

Last edited:

daffyduck

... But weve never had anything close to workers going up against management in twitter battles over political issues. People focus on what they are hired to do. Work together as a team and do your job. Nobody hires people so they can bring up Pride or abortion. You get hired to do what your job description says.

So no "mad about cats" people?

Top Bottom