• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA teases Titanfall 2 sequel coming "down the road"

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

EA may finally be eyeing a return to what has become the Apex Legends prequel, however, Dexerto heard chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen tease during the company’s recent 2020 Q1 financial conference call.

Jorgensen was actually answering a question about possibly EA acquiring start-up studios when Respawn Entertainment was brought up. EA’s CFO explained the company’s $300 million Respawn acquisition wasn’t as much about what they were working on ⁠— Titanfall 3 at the time ⁠— but rather their potential.

"We were able to bring them into the fold, and give them incredible support, and it was driven by the fact that they have incredible talent," he said. "It wasn’t about Titanfall— no offense to Titanfall. It’s an amazing game…”

Jorgensen then dropped the bombshell Titanfall fans, and Apex Legends converts, have been eager to hear: “Maybe we’ll see Titanfall sometime down the road.” He did go on to add “it was really about the team,” but his tease had already stuck.

Thanks mods for the title change🎺

Last edited:

FeldMonster

It disturbs me that Respawn is referred to as "Apex Legends publisher". They should be known for TitanFall, first and foremost, and furthermore, after repeated high quality games, they have made a name for themselves sufficiently so that they can be referred to as Respawn and everybody will know who they are.

TF2 campaign was brilliant and fun with tight controls, movement and guns. Give me more. TF2 multiplayer and regional player selections was industry leading, the more population the better. Apex speaks for itself, fucking fantastic game.

ZywyPL

Banned
The first TF is still one of the best FPS I've ever played, brilliant MP, even better coop, all it needed was just more content. Second one brought amazing SP campaign, but the gameplay/mechanics changes made the online modes utter shit, that permanent bunny hopping was a game-breaker alone. So hopefully Respawn will learn their lessons whenever TF3 shows up.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year

EA may finally be eyeing a return to what has become the Apex Legends prequel, however, Dexerto heard chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen tease during the company’s recent 2020 Q1 financial conference call.

Jorgensen was actually answering a question about possibly EA acquiring start-up studios when Respawn Entertainment was brought up. EA’s CFO explained the company’s $300 million Respawn acquisition wasn’t as much about what they were working on ⁠— Titanfall 3 at the time ⁠— but rather their potential.

"We were able to bring them into the fold, and give them incredible support, and it was driven by the fact that they have incredible talent," he said. "It wasn’t about Titanfall— no offense to Titanfall. It’s an amazing game…”

Jorgensen then dropped the bombshell Titanfall fans, and Apex Legends converts, have been eager to hear: “Maybe we’ll see Titanfall sometime down the road.” He did go on to add “it was really about the team,” but his tease had already stuck.

Thanks mods for the title change🎺

What an absolute trainwreck of an article. As usual, people who didn't bother listening to the conference are misrepresenting what has been said.

Jorgensen didn't tease anything. The quote was also a bit different. Here's what he actually said in full:

Anyone who actually listened to the conference would know that he was absolutely hypothetical to explain that he wasn't dissing Titanfall when he said that they didn't buy Respawn for Titanfall but for the talent of the team because EA aims to acquire talent and not games.

I swear, the bullshit misinterpretations that come out every quarter from financial conferences are staggering. Not everything that's said is intended to be a tease.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I keep replaying from time to time.

titanfall does something that is rare in most shooters.
The feel of the game is really really really reaaaally good. Just like destiny 2

stonk gameplay 🤠🤠

Last edited:

Kerotan

One of the best shooters this gen. Loved the single player to bits. Off the hype of it and Apex a T3 has great potential.

Managed to do a 29 second run on the gauntlet, so bring on another!

Hudo

I hope they'll get around Titanfall 3. Titanfall 2 is legit one of the best shooters I've played in recent years.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Bigger/longer campaign with more chances to mess around. Local mp and bots would be nice. The format would work flawlessly in a hub-connected open map. Gimme some acrobatic Deus Ex sort of mission-solving with an emphasis on speed and attacking from surprising angles. The campaign missions are almost too easy once you figure out how to use everything efficiently. Also more time-jumping battles, please.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Compared to what

tenor.gif

MMaRsu

Banned
Yea that makes no sense.

Tf2 is praised as one of the better sp campaigns, compared to most shooters id say thats right on the money.

Rikkori

Just loaded up Trial by Fire and god, this is such an incredible game! If you have a surround sound setup you MUST play it. Best of all, it runs so well too, got my back-up RX480 and at 4K max it can keep 60 fps pretty easily, one of the few games that actually manages to push the chip into the 110w compared to the regular 90w I usually get. Granted, I think it's using some form of DRS but the drop can't be that big because I didn't notice it at all. Superb game, all in all.

Coconutt

Yes more Titanfall please, it's so weird to me how giant robots aren't as hyped up as they should be in videogaming.

Last edited:

Fbh

That just sounds like corporate talk for "We have zero plans for the franchise right now but we might get back to it at some point in the future".
Titanfall 2 was too good for this world. Awesome single player campaign, awesome multiplayer with no Season Pass, and microtransactions in the form of reasonably priced cosmetic items that can be purchased directly (no RNG) with grounded designs that fit in well with the overall art direction.

If we ever see the franchise again I expect F2P multiplayer, a more cartoony artstyle, robots that now have wacky dance moves to unlock, a new focusing on a cast of "crazy" pilots (at least one of which will be a trash talking girl with a mohawk), and a metric ton of silly cosmetics to ensure you spend most games fighting robots wearing Christmas decorations and pink robots with rainbow shooting guns.

Last edited:

The Alien

Banned
Titanfall 1 is one of my favorite multiplayer games. Surprised still how balanced the mech vs. soldier combat was great, great game.

Top Bottom