• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earth Defense Series |CT| Glory, glory, hallelujah!

mcz117chief

If anyone's into some portable EDF, I usually play online EDF2019 on weekends. My PSN is my GAF handle..
Man I kept thinking about this post throughout the entire day and I still can't make out what you are trying to say...EDF 2019?? Is that supposed to be the 5th game or some Chinese bootleg from the future? And why portable? Are you playing on Vita or am I completely and utterly lost here????

Played probably 15 or so levels... Its not bad, but it definitely feels a bit off. Its weird, they made this to appeal to non-EDF fans, but im not sure how it is supposed to do that. It still feels like an EDF game just with some odd design choices, so I dunno what audience they are going for.

Also, is it just me or do you die really fucking easy in this? I cant count how many times I died to a single attack. Usually from something off screen, which just makes it real frustrating.

Im really looking forward to trying some 6 player action, but given the easy deaths I feel it will end up a shitshow.

mcz117chief

Played probably 15 or so levels... Its not bad, but it definitely feels a bit off. Its weird, they made this to appeal to non-EDF fans, but im not sure how it is supposed to do that. It still feels like an EDF game just with some odd design choices, so I dunno what audience they are going for.

Also, is it just me or do you die really fucking easy in this? I cant count how many times I died to a single attack. Usually from something off screen, which just makes it real frustrating.

Im really looking forward to trying some 6 player action, but given the easy deaths I feel it will end up a shitshow.
Have you invested in HP upgrades at all? I am at hp lvl 10 now and I feel pretty indestructible.

Last edited:

Shinriji

Man I kept thinking about this post throughout the entire day and I still can't make out what you are trying to say...EDF 2019?? Is that supposed to be the 5th game or some Chinese bootleg from the future? And why portable? Are you playing on Vita or am I completely and utterly lost here????

EDF 2017 Portable. It autocorrected to 2019 god knows why.

Have you invested in HP upgrades at all? I am at hp lvl 10 now and I feel pretty indestructible.
Yeah, ive gotten a bunch of health upgrades and it definitely feels better now.

The fencer replacement is kind of cool, but its tough to be mobile for very long. Energy does not last long at all, same for the wing diver character.

mcz117chief

Yeah, ive gotten a bunch of health upgrades and it definitely feels better now.

The fencer replacement is kind of cool, but its tough to be mobile for very long. Energy does not last long at all, same for the wing diver character.
When it comes to wing diver you gotta utilize the new gliding mechanic, that way you can stay in the air much longer than in previous games. I personally don't like the new fencer because all your reload times are twice as long. That means if you take strong weapons with long reloads you will be reloading all the time, so you gotta take shitty guns with very short reloads to actually have something to shoot with. Or take weapons with auto-reload which unfortunately also have pretty long reload times.

I'm currently trying to mop up everything to do that can be done in 4.1 on Steam, anyone down to play with me? My Steam name is the same as here right now with the same avatar.

rofif

Banned
We finally got around to playing edf games.... Two 30y old ass men playing edf for whole days!
We finished 5. Bow 2017 or 4.1? I have pc, ps4 and 360

mcz117chief

We finally got around to playing edf games.... Two 30y old ass men playing edf for whole days!
We finished 5. Bow 2017 or 4.1? I have pc, ps4 and 360
4.1 is literally just better than 2017. There are a few callbacks to 2017 though which makes the story a bit more cool if you recognize them. 2017 has one fun thing though. All lock on weapons are automatic so when I played it with my brother he would just take the most ridiculous lock on weapon, aim at the sky and hold r2 while running around like a madman. So there is fun to be had in 2017 for sure but it is a big downgrade from 4.1 and a massive downgrade from 5. Maybe try Iron Rain, it's pretty good and different enough to be enjoyable.

Top Bottom