• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy to get into online crossplay gamepass games?

jorgejjvr

Bloated question, but a PC buddy got PC gamepass. Trying to find games where he and I (on Xbox) can play together, like only coop type of experiences, or something online mp that could be cool.

But at the same time, something that doesn't take 5 hours for things to click, or with super long tutorial sessions, or just not making it easy to play with friends.

Like I'm still trying to get my 7 ow2 wins to simply play with my friend on competitive together.

I have heard good things for sea of thieves for example, but sounds like it has to be a big long term time commitment. But I could be wrong

Catphish

Hmm idk, never done a survival type game
It's easy to get into, and can be very fun with friends, but is very grindy early and mid-game. Be warned.

Sea of Thieves is fun if you're in the right mindset; that being: you're ok with constant PvP and harassment from other players not in your group.

I would recommend AoE4, if you like RTS. You can co-op against AI in that. Far Cry 5 for FPS. Full co-op there. Tetris Effect, Ghost Recon Wildlands, FIFA 22.. all games that have co-op. Lots of others, to be honest, but those are the ones I have installed at the moment.

Banned
Gears 5 is a very save coop shooter bet IMO and it's a pretty straight forward game.

Halo MCC of course, which finally got cross platform coop (took them long enough), but I think only for Halo 3 and ODST so far.

A.Romero

They have some of the Dark Anthologies games, right? Coop (at least coach) is very simple. Like passing the controller around.

The Ascent also has a quick start IMO.

Forza I think has like 2 hours of tutorial before allowing you to do online gaming.

Deep Rock Galactic?
People say it’s great.
It's quite good, but it lost me due to the fact that everyone needs to do their own mission type to progress. So one player will have a task of doing an egg hunt mission, and another player has a rail building mission, so someone gets screwed over. You can do the whole "okay, help me with my mission now, and then we'll do your mission next" type thing, but it just artificially lengthens the time you have to spend. It's one of the dumbest design decisions in any game I've played in a while, and it ultimately made me quit playing.

Fbh

The only MP game I've consistently liked:

Rocket League Teamplay GIF by Plays

Also even pros use controller so you aren't at a disadvantage on Xbox.
It's easy to pick up but hard to master

Bloated question, but a PC buddy got PC gamepass. Trying to find games where he and I (on Xbox) can play together, like only coop type of experiences, or something online mp that could be cool.

But at the same time, something that doesn't take 5 hours for things to click, or with super long tutorial sessions, or just not making it easy to play with friends.

Like I'm still trying to get my 7 ow2 wins to simply play with my friend on competitive together.

I have heard good things for sea of thieves for example, but sounds like it has to be a big long term time commitment. But I could be wrong
Is Outriders still on gamepass? It's basically Gears of War with super powers. It's a fun loot game, while it lasts.

Top Bottom