• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge issue 339 reviews (The Outer Worlds, Luigi's Mansion 3)

Of course me neither believe Death Stranding is worst from Breaking point, but I will admit I find it very fascinating just cause a specific person who happened to review DS didn't like it, this whole situation happened.
Obviously I respect the opinion of the reviewer and very HYPE to read why he didn't finished the game.

How many games that EDGE have rubbished over the last year, did they play and complete?. I willing to bet if this wasn't the work of the PS poster boy that is Kojima, it would have got a low score in EDGE. But EDGE can't upset what little readership its got left LOL

SweetShark

same developer same bullshit concept. same sjw propaganda shoved down your asshole for the first minute...

Really? Sorry, but the game actually was very refreshing cause the Devs took a very cliche trope of Cinema
the "A.I. Is a Crapshoot" trope
and altered it to make it somehow something REALLY unique. This is especially very visible at the very end of the game.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Disco Elysium is the kind of game I will convince myself to buy and end up hating. I already know this, but the process is already in gear. The purchase is inevitable. As is the regret.

Play it try it refund it if you don't enjoy it.

thelastword

Banned
Haha, that bit about talking to the creatures is a bit stupid. It's like complaining about not being able to shoot people in Life is Strange. It would be interesting to read to whole review (any links?), but from that little snapshot they sound a little bored of the whole concept of FPS games, which is odd as they would have still been quite new and fresh in 1994.
Maybe they didn't finish it......

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Checking out Edge’s classic reviews lately, has been... illuminating.

6Rqb3P6.jpg

Also, they apparently gave Chrono Trigger a 7.

I genuinely think the entire history and identity of the mag is just to be game review edgelords.

Been telling people this for years.
EDGE is just a typeface and a hipster attitude. Other than that its just the same as the rest of Future's junk, even down to using the same writers and reviewers. The trick was always that their identities were hidden behind a generic "EDGE" byline and by using bigger "name" columnists it created an impression of faux-superiority.

Its always made me laugh the way people gave more importance to their opinions than say one of Future's "official <insert platform name here> magazine" reviews. Half the time it was the same people writing, just in a different house style.

CrisPy2019

To bad they didn't call it
John Wick Dec(a)
Instead of
John wick Hex(a)
Would have made it receive a 10 instead of a 6. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom