• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDGE Magazine reveals their Games of the Year 2022

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

*drum roll please*

• (1) Elden Ring
  • (1) Immortality
  • (3) Pentiment
  • (4) Neon White
  • (5)Roadwarden
  • (6) Hardspace: Shipbreaker
  • (7) Poinpy
  • (8) Gran Turismo 7
  • (9) Windjammers 2
  • (10) Bayonetta 3

Other awards:

Publisher of the year: Nintendo
Best visual design: Elden Ring
Best Audio: Tunic
Best Performance: Charlotta Mohlin (Immortality)
Best Hardware: Steam Deck
Best Soundtrack: We Are OFK
Studio of the year: From Software

Last edited:

Interfectum

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Buggy Loop

Skylar Astin Corage GIF by The Roku Channel

Outside of the obvious #1, i'm surprised to see this list. Refreshing even, there's already tons of sites regurgitating the obvious choices from a media point of view, this feels more like some peculiar indies were to someone's taste, and that's fine.

GOW Rag got 6/10 out of Edge, why is anyone surprised it's not in the list?

Netflix POINPY > Ragnarok

AAAAQeaCQ9JzD8gmR3V8Y-3SHETpOIP0qBxVQxl-cnPfX08zjcXp25rhg16NRrCWaSCGKMYeBRHAFiYw2ygUx0Tijgyy5JUUr_-q5siM9UYwMRYxtrkts6R__oSZGNSgLzvkdSKkqty813Mo32fEa2R5nIYO.jpg

Animated GIF

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Poinpy??

Turns out it’s a Netflix game available on iOS (maybe Android too?)

Only available to Netflix subscribers? Damn that’s a weird new level of exclusivity within a platform.

Gonna check that out.

The rightful game got first place. The message is clear; ER is peerless. Accept it

Deft Beck

• (1) Elden Ring
    • Predictable
  • (1) Immortality
    • This one's been a sleeper hit for the arthouse scene. Really good use of hypertext to tell a story.
  • (3) Pentiment
    • Haven't played yet, but one of the best Game Pass games out there from what I've heard.
  • (4) Neon White
    • Cringey story, but great gameplay and music.
  • (5)Roadwarden
    • Never heard of it.
  • (6) Hardspace: Shipbreaker
    • Never heard of it.
  • (7) Poinpy
    • Never heard of it, but I love Downwell so I'll check this out.
  • (8) Gran Turismo 7
    • Odd choice; may be a great sim game but I don't like this genre personally.
  • (9) Windjammers 2
    • Really fun game, feels just like the original.
  • (10) Bayonetta 3
    • Divisive pick, but you can't deny it's a well put together package.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Updating OP with a couple of their genre awards as well.

Publisher of the year: Nintendo
Best visual design: Elden Ring
Best Audio: Tunic
Best Performance: Charlotta Mohlin (Immortality)
Best Hardware: Steam Deck
Best Soundtrack: We Are OFK
Studio of the year: From Software

Lasha

Finally a GotY list which looks like it was made by a person who actually plays games instead of a list of the most marketed games of the year. Kinda chuffed that Windjammers 2 showed up. Windjammers 2 is at least top 5 in terms of hours that I played this year. I'm always excited for new arcade style games.

People unhappy that their favorite bald grunting man isn't on that random list, it's hilarious.

They really destroyed with shitty writing the characters that were so well built in GoW 2018 in God of War Ragnarök.

Using GOTY list to validate your hard on for sony games is hilarious. Game is still rated a 94 and still selling an assload of copies

Same thing you dweebs try and do for The Last of Us Part 2 only you can’t because it’s the most awarded game that year also

Last edited:

ungalo

I played 3 games in that list. Not to shit on Pentiment (i enjoyed it) but for it to be on the third place it must not be an incredible year.

Top Bottom