• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDGE Magazine reveals their Games of the Year 2022

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I’m waiting for a Neon White PSN sale and it should be my next game to fully focus on. Have heard only good things and it getting this reverence from Edge made me more interested than ever.

As opposed to a lot of people here, I’ve always respected Edge and think they don’t fuck around with their reviews and don’t play the mainstream hype game.
Neon White is top tier. Just know that in my personal opinion, it's so fast and demanding that it's designed to thrive on either mouse KB, or dual stick + gyro. Dual stick alone, I personally think would be too difficult. But I'm going to be happy to hear people try and post their impressions.

On Switch I just fell into it easily as a Splatoon vet.

tommib

Neon White is top tier. Just know that in my personal opinion, it's so fast and demanding that it's designed to thrive on either mouse KB, or dual stick + gyro. Dual stick alone, I personally think would be too difficult. But I'm going to be happy to hear people try and post their impressions.

On Switch I just fell into it easily as a Splatoon vet.
I’m hoping it has gyro on PS5. Maybe someone can confirm.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
what I find funny is Death Stranding is exactly the type of game outlets like this jerk off, but because it has a huge budget they negged the fuck out of it. If it had “retro style” polygon graphics or sprites they would have given it a 10.

It just shows you how pretentious these places are. They just build their reputation on shitting on anything that can be deemed too mainstream
I hated Death Stranding. I like a lot of the games on this list.

This is the same dumb argument we heard before. If you hate God of War Ragnarok you're obligated to hate Hellblade 2 before it's even out.

My advice is stop doing that. No two games are identical and people can like them or hate them for a variety of reasons. You suggesting that it's impossible to dislike Death Stranding without some kind of ulterior motive is really bizarre. A lot of people disliked that game actually.

I’m hoping it has gyro on PS5. Maybe someone can confirm.
Yeah, I can't confirm. But I'd be shocked if it didn't. The devs know.

Last edited:

Fake

no-fuck-you.gif

I mean, what Edge said.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Its cute how you’re trying to build an argument for why you’ll love the latter game early
Hellblade 2? What argument? I swear I cannot even have a conversation with fanboys because literally anything you say just is further proof of their delusional conspiracy theories.

Search this thread for all posts by me.
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/hellblade-ii-senuas-saga-new-trailer-the-game-awards-2021.1625697/
  • "We knew the graphics would be good. Just waiting to see if they've improved gameplay from the first game. This definitely didn't tell me how the gameplay actually works. But they have my attention."
  • "I played it and I wouldn't call this a very obvious gsmeplay trailer. No aiming of those spears. She walked in the cave for a while but thats it. The rest is cinematic in game dialogue. I personally hope the gameplay is drastically improved from the first game. Ninja Theory can make an action game if they want. But I still don't even know what type of gameplay they're even shooting for on this."
  • "They also can be cinematic and not fun to play. I'd love for this to be in the blast category. I'm going to be playing it day one, and forcing myself to finish the first one after bouncing off it hard the first time because it was not in the blast category."

I also liked Guardians of the Galaxy. I made that thread. It has cinematic gameplay and Marvel style dialogue, but I loved it.
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/lttp-why-is-guardians-of-the-galaxy-so-underrated.1627843/

But to you, I am against all cinematic games, or against games with a budget, or whatever your theory is. It's not possible that I actually just play games I'm interested in and post my honest opinion on it. I have to be a sleeper agent for Phil, slowly sowing discontent on Sony products for free socks.

None of this is cute. People with fanboy delusions like this are literally ruining this site and making honest discussion literally impossible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom