• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge Magazine review scores: Zelda TOTK, Jedi Survivor, Horizon Burning Shores, Redfall

tmlDan

You could really tell too, the reviewers really tried their best to stay positive before dedicating the final 3 paragraphs gushing about the new lesbian relationship and how brave and bold it is and slapping the real score +3 onto it.

But not even they could hide the fact it was just meh outside of the new heightened sky box.

Redfall should be lower though...
It is good, stop being homophobic

Edge reviews on the whole tend to be shit. They have an enormous circle-jerk with established franchises and usually won't stray far from there. Give credit to IGN and Gamespot, they have a much larger scope, especially when it comes to indie and unknown stuff. The only thing Edge are good for are the graphic design of their magazines.

Luipadre

Reviews:
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - 10
Redfall - 6
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - 8
Humanity - 9
Planet of Lana - 9
Darkest Dungeon II - 9
The Last Case of Benedict Fox - 5
Minecraft Legends - 4
Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores - 6
Mr. Sun's Hatbox - 7
Tron: Identity - 7

Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

Roberts

I was disappointed in Minecraft Legends after loving Dungeons, but 4 implies a broken mess. I think it is perfectly adequate, polished game, just not for me.

Benedict Fox was super janky at the time of release and that jank overshadowed all the good stuff about it. It plays a whole lot better now after the patch. I would give it a solid 7/10

Happy about Lana. Can’t wait to play it soon.

Last edited:

scydrex

Good to see they saw through the technical side of Redfall, the gameplay and gunplay is solid with an interesting theme.
Zelda, well it's deserved.

Why didn't they do it for Days Gone? So according to them then Redfall is a better game than Days Gone and also runs better or is better in the technical side? LOL.

Edit: Redfall meta 56 and user score 3.4.
Redfall pc is 54 and user 2.1.
Days Gone meta 71 and user 8.4

9wlbGq1.jpg

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
You guys either whine about graphics or scores as if it matters. Regardless of score it gets you either liked TotK or didn't and trust me no amount of high scores is ever going to make me touch Horizon.

Last edited:
EDGE:

Tears of the Kingdom - 10
Breath of the Wild - 10
Skyward Sword - 10
Twilight Princess- 9
Wind Waker - 9
Phantom Hourglass - 9
Four Swords Adventures- 9
Spirit Tracks - 8
Link Between Worlds - 8
Minish Cap - 8

Talk about a quality series.
10 for Skyward Sword is bizarre in retrospect

Fake

You guys either whine about graphics or scores as if it matters. Regardless of score it gets you either liked TotK or didn't and trust no amount of high scores is ever going to make me touch Horizon.

I wonder if people would refuse to play TOTK without 10/10 scores.

I can't blame Sony about this obsession with metacritic score, but people are indeed really stupid about meta score.

And is not like I tried giving Horizon franchise a chance. I'll play Granblue Fantasy RElink and Armored Core regardless.

scydrex

Point is 6 is a very appropriate score for Horizon.

I dont know whats going on with their redfall score but its in line with the metacritic average.
No it's not in line with the metacritic Average. Burning Shore is 83 in metacritic average, Horizon FW is 88. I would give Horizon FW and the DLC 8/10 both because i liked it but if someone give it a 7/10 i would understand why. They gave Redfall 60. They gave Days Gone 50 because of the technical issues it had when it launched but Redfall has a lot of technical issues, lots of problems and issues they need to fix, broken stuff like AI. So to them Redfall is a better game and is better on the technical side... Oh by the way Edge gave Horizon FW a 70 which is fine by me but a 60 for Redfall?

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Ohh snap if I didnt come in this thread I might have actually forgotten about two games I was really looking forward to.

og.png

share_image.jpg

scydrex

Metacritic is trash.
Wrong. Horizon FW they gave it a 70 and Redfall a 60. Forgetting the metacritic score and only the score of Edge which is what you are using to prove your point is no correct. So take the loss dude... throw the towel....

Last edited:

scydrex

No loss here. I’ll be playing Zelda on Switch and Darkest Dungeon 2 on PC.
Good for you then. Don't use a review of a DLC of a game to compare it to the review of a base or main game. If both were DLC then yeah you will have a point there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom