• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EEDAR/NPD study finds you should always price cut by 40%+ to maximize PSN/XBL revenue

Oh, I get it and I often wait myself.
But surely you'd prefer to have discounts on the Nintendo games you don't pick up immediately vs paying full price 6 months later?

Sure, I would love to get games cheaper. On the flip side though I also don't want to pick up a game and see it in the discount bin the next week.

I guess I see it both ways and I feel like in terms of sales, it works differently for different publishers. I do have concerns that conditioning consumers to expect price drops is not healthy for the industry.

Scrawnton

Nintendo's fans will buy their games regardless of discounts or not, even years after release. Their fanbase is trained to accept that.
And because of this, I’m more likely to buy a Nintendo game at launch because I know it won’t drop any time soon if ever.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
The earlier poster pointed out Nintendo's relative lack of discounts in the eshop in their post. They are correct.

Nobody asked about why Nintendo is in position to keep their prices at original levels because it's not hard to understand why:
-If you want Nintendo characters/franchises/Nintendo "magic" there is no actual alternative
Respectfully, this is a thread where EEDAR is advising publishers when and why they should lower prices in order to improve sales. Nintendo was brought up. You brought up the consumer side.

Top Bottom