• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring apparently leaked - start your media blackout NOW

Bartski

Gold Member
This is NOT a spoiler thread!

Apparently, Elden Ring heavy end-game story spoilers somehow leaked.

Don't click on this tweet as you're 100% find some of it in the replies.

This is just a warning - if anyone plans to go in blind - start your media blackout NOW with all the tools available. I'm blocking all mentions of the game from this point onwards, also here on NeoGAF.

Including this thread. See you in February!

Essential Chrome extensions:

- Spoiler Protection 2.0 (image thumbnail blocker and mentions blocker)
- Unspoiler (mentions blocker see screenshot below)

SgvXfOA.jpg

Youtube mentions and channel blacklist tools: BlockTube + Channel Blocker.

Twitter: - go Settings and privacy -> Privacy and safety -> Mute and Block -> Muted words - add Elden Ring to the list.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

I'm already on a media blackout on this game (although it's hard as shit due to the hype, constant videos and information getting rolled out on the web 24/7). Guess I have to quit the Internet altogether until the game's release. I feel sorry for team for the leak. Really sad that shit like this happens and ruins it for many fans.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
I put some of the most effective chrome extension suggestions I know in the OP. It sucks so much if you're on youtube to browse it without thumbnails but all the top cunts will be pushing this for clicks hard from this point onwards

Yeah, it's crazy. At the end of the game you have to collect four pieces of the ring from killing 4 main guys. Then if you do that you can go to the hallowed ground at the end where you fight an old man who did some bad things, but also good thing. Then you have a choice to make, you can either save the world or let it lead to ruin.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Yeah, it's crazy. At the end of the game you have to collect four pieces of the ring from killing 4 main guys. Then if you do that you can go to the hallowed ground at the end where you fight an old man who did some bad things, but also good thing. Then you have a choice to make, you can either save the world or let it lead to ruin.

Thanks. Ruined the game for me. Not buying now.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
From doesn't do a story and George RR Martin never finishes his.

Nothing really to leak.

SEKIRO had a story and I would have been annoyed to have it's story beats spoiled. That this game has gameplay mechanics nudging you towards narrative beats I'm going to say there is something here to be spoiled.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I couldn't care for story spoilers but if something cool leaks like you transform into a dragon and fuck dwarves ill be upset.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Don't care that much about the story unless there's some kind of spin mid game, like how Bloodborne went from furries to ayyliens.

Bartski

Gold Member
What is his proof? He says it like, “bruh I wish I didn’t know”. OK bruh?
if you feel like looking for it be my guest. I'd be more than happy if anyone proves this false. I've seen multiple warning threads on /r confirming end-game spoilers are out, and now this.
I've blocked any mention of "elden ring" and related everywhere except their official Twitter and I'm not touching it until I beat the game.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
if you feel like looking for it be my guest. I'd be more than happy if anyone proves this false. I've seen multiple warning threads on /r confirming end-game spoilers are out, and now this.
I've blocked any mention of "elden ring" and related everywhere except their official Twitter and I'm not touching it until I beat the game.
It is also from the same guy. I would have imagined it being a lot more widespread. The Capcom and Naughty Dog leaks were right out there in the open. I find it funny how it’s the ending dialogue that leaked. I’m not up to surf /r for stuff, but sooner or later we’ll all be able to compare notes. Lol

Sleepwalker

I would be bothered if George RR had written the story but he only did world building so its whatever.

These games don't have the greatest stories to tell

Airbus Jr

Banned
Spoiler if you click bellow

One file that's been leaked makes reference to "the other Eternal City." The speakers say that the city hides a "cradle chalice," and though the importance of the chalice has yet to be revealed, fans of the Souls series will likely remember the importance of chalices in "Bloodborne."

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Just a heads up as expected - retail discs already in shops and early copies are out, some people already streaming the game, zero fucks given on reddit - massive spoilers in thread titles everywhere.

Blackout tools in the OP for everyone interested, work 99% of the time. Good luck!

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Yes, someone posted a pic on 4chan of an open box full of copies with the current date as proof. People is already playing the game, so be careful and stay safe.

DarthPutin

Well-known FROM leaker on reset said that while the story is still told in traditional FROM format, it's much more... decisive and well thought-out (coherent) than usual.

Bartski

Gold Member
It's going to be a long week, specially not being able to surf the internet in peace.
Literally impossible. I just unplugged from reddit 'till I beat the game. Make sure to also add hashtags to Twitter muted word list, their recommended/followed topic algorithm is hell on earth

Last edited:
Top Bottom