• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring apparently leaked - start your media blackout NOW

stn

Waiiiiiiiit... you can actually block Youtube channels that post spoilers? I always hated that shit and have unsubbed some channels because of it.

Bartski

Gold Member
Waiiiiiiiit... you can actually block Youtube channels that post spoilers? I always hated that shit and have unsubbed some channels because of it.
unsubbing won't do you any good 'cause the biggest assholes on there like Shirako are big enough so that youtube's algo shoves their shit in other's faces via recommended even if you block them from within their "About" settings.
I use a combo of BlockTube and Channel Blocker to permaban channels and content key words, nice way to get rid of them from your life forever.

TrebleShot

So this is just encounter spoilers and spoilers for gear? From Games hardly have the most riveting stories, mostly just atmosphere and the occasional exposition.

Boneless

Is this the data mining leak? Otherwise its probably a jailbreaked ps4 as a normal ps4 will block you from playing even if you have the cd.

jaysius

Banned
Spoiling the "story" in a From software game is hilarious, I feel like the people that play From software games for the story are like these people...

cbc read GIF by Kim's Convenience

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Spoiling the "story" in a From software game is hilarious, I feel like the people that play From software games for the story are like these people...

cbc read GIF by Kim's Convenience's Convenience
It's not only the story. Items, enemies, bosses, NPCs and above all else, locations.

Those games are about exploring and discovery. Having those things spoiled to you sucks.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

Yeah. So you really should be pre-emptively blocking channels like MKFireAndIce (sp) and Sharakko (sp), etc. They love putting either spoilerly titles for clicks or spectacularly spoilery thumbnails, so even if you're just coasting for an Elden Ring review or preview refresh, you'll get their horseshit in your search.

cbc read GIF by Kim's Convenience's Convenience

God, this take is fast approaching the greats of tired, hacky videogame opinion takes. Every single Dark Souls and FS spinoff have stories. Just because it isn't YOUR story (as in you the player) or doesn't follow a conventional "This is your quest and and here is your ultimate end goal", doesn't mean a great deal of care didn't go into developing the larger thrust of what is happening in the world and your place in it.

. . .what's funny (or tragically ironic) is that this is meant to be some sophisticated take, but to be true, relies on the person being wildly uncurious about the (game) world around them.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Yeah. So you really should be pre-emptively blocking channels like MKFireAndIce (sp) and Sharakko (sp), etc. They love putting either spoilerly titles for clicks or spectacularly spoilery thumbnails, so even if you're just coasting for an Elden Ring review or preview refresh, you'll get their horseshit in your search.
Exactly. This is my current list of channels on permaban. Feel free to share yours I'll add them immediately:

Boss Fight Database
Zanar Aesthetics
Shirrako
AFGuidesHD
RabidRetrospectGames
MKIceAndFire
MrSkillToKill2
DCReplayHD
Jekavac TV
lzuniy
xLetalis
MrRetroKid91
MrSkillToKill2
Kashimaro Clickclick
Gameplay4You
Ziostorm
Gamers Cathedral

Kokoloko85

Nah there is nothing to it. Big game franchises have lore books, tv shows and novels written about them.

Try Palemoon Hunt by Redgrave. Bloodborne has loads of unsolved lore, its about players putting it together.
Its not for everyone but I prefer the lore of Dark Souls and Bloodborne to most video games

Top Bottom