• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING Battle Scars Infographic: Game stats revealed

Draugoth

Gold Member
To celebrate ELDEN RING's 1 year anniversary, and the millions of fans all over the world who explore the Lands Between, we’ve compiled some interesting and fun game stats for you! This infographic highlights stats around many of ELDEN RING's most iconic and challenging bosses. It's clear to see from the stats that ELDEN RING isn’t for the weak at heart -- it's a difficult and challenging game -- but for those who persevere and hone their craft, they understand that victory is the sweetest revenge! Wear your battle scars with pride, and long live the Elden Lords!

MrS95Z6SJGBOVJ1sbmwP

kicker

Banned
Pixel Ring GIF

A lot of people didn't listen to Margit, it seems

edit: 1 billion summons against 6.9 billion boss attempts makes sense with spirit ashes being so accessible. I'd like to see what summons numbers are for the older souls games

Last edited:

Mayar

Neo Member
I agree with the statistics, the numbers make sense. It would actually be more interesting to know what percentage of users used which build (str, Int, faith). Because in fact the difficulty of the game directly depends on the build of the character, the balance of the game is extremely bad in this regard. I started playing with a Faith build with Blasphemous Blade, and I demolished the same Malania in a few minutes on the first try.

RagnarokIV

Guys, I'm about to buy this out of curiosity. Will I enjoy it though? Should I not get it?
I don't like the SOULS-like games (they all seem copy pasted to me). Is this more Soulslike or something new and different? I've seen people compare it more to being like Zelda BOTW.

Mayar

Neo Member
Guys, I'm about to buy this out of curiosity. Will I enjoy it though? Should I not get it?
I don't like the SOULS-like games (they all seem copy pasted to me). Is this more Soulslike or something new and different? I've seen people compare it more to being like Zelda BOTW.
From my point of view, this is the easiest Soul game in the series and the friendliest for new players. The main thing you need to do is just pre-select your build using the wiki or youtube and I think you will pass the game without any problems.

Saber

Gold Member

Its souls, so you basically gonna suffer regardless of being an easier souls or not.
The game gives you a wide range of tools to deal with enemies easier though, like summons and some magic spells.
But if you can't stand enemies woop the shit out of you and dungeons testing your patience then this game is not for you.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
2% killed by another player - yeah, because they decided to disable invasions for all solo players.
Good. Fuck the no-life dorks who cheese late-game equipment to stomp low level players. They brought it on themselves. And when they do invade they get fuckin ganked. Shit is hilarious and cathartic after years of them having free reign to basically cheat.

Last edited:

Mayar

Neo Member
Its souls, so you basically gonna suffer regardless of being an easier souls or not.
The game gives you a wide range of tools to deal with enemies easier though, like summons and some magic spells.
But if you can't stand enemies woop the shit out of you and dungeons testing your patience then this game is not for you.
If you take the summon mechanic (which I hate...), the game basically breaks as soon as you get access to Mimic Tear Ashes and Black Knife Tiche. Black Knife Tiche, by the way, can kill Melenia in solo, you can even not help much...

ungalo

It's an open world Souls game. Some general design principles are shared with BoTW but it's very different.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Good. Fuck the no-life dorks who cheese late-game equipment to stomp low level players. They brought it on themselves. And when they do invade they get fuckin ganked. Shit is hilarious and cathartic after years of them having free reign to basically cheat.
Yep. Bunch of them cheat like hell too, I jumped out of Elden Ring’s dueling PvP the moment folks started using the Carian Retaliation glitch where you could make your blades invisible to other players.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Lol, yeah, I still remember early Dark Souls where assholes would invade in the Undead Burg/Parish. I'd get one-shotted and barely do damage and wondered why. Turns out it was a popular noob-crushing spot where experienced players would invade at low levels equipped with maxed out gear. The noobs didn't know better and thought they were walking into a fair fight.

Radagon is a bit of a head-scratcher unless they also consider the Elden Beast part.

I would have thought a boss like the Godskin Duo or the Fire Giant would have made the top 5.

Last edited:

Mayar

Neo Member
Yes, you can pull it off, but it's stupid and you basically just have to draw attention to yourself and run around while she hits her, it makes the fight extremely long. But it's one of the best summon picks in this fight, her +10 bleed damage is horrendous, effectively removing any healing from Melenia, and if you attack her together, she gets killed very quickly.

Gaiff

If you take the summon mechanic (which I hate...), the game basically breaks as soon as you get access to Mimic Tear Ashes and Black Knife Tiche. Black Knife Tiche, by the way, can kill Melenia in solo, you can even not help much...
That's false. Tiche will get killed 100% of the time. You can help her by using Golden Vow to buff her damage or heal her but Malenia Phase 2 will ruin her day.
Yes, you can pull it off, but it's stupid and you basically just have to draw attention to yourself and run around while she hits her, it makes the fight extremely long. But it's one of the best summon picks in this fight, her +10 bleed damage is horrendous, effectively removing any healing from Melenia, and if you attack her together, she gets killed very quickly.
The effect isn't bleed. It's Destined Death that reduces max hp and applies a % based damage over time. That's also assuming Tiche spams it because Malenia recovers health on every hit and her Waterfowl will effectively get her back whatever health Tiche took.

Tiche is incredibly useful against Malenia, perhaps even better than the Mimic Tear but she can hardly solo her unless maybe you go for something niche that maximizes allies buffs and healing.

Lunarorbit

Definitely get it. I'm not a souls guy either but I enjoyed bloodborne even though I didn't get too far.

Just the visuals and sense of world are worth every dollar.

Mayar

Neo Member
That's false. Tiche will get killed 100% of the time. You can help her by using Golden Vow to buff her damage or heal her but Malenia Phase 2 will ruin her day.

The effect isn't bleed. It's Destined Death that reduces max hp and applies a % based damage over time. That's also assuming Tiche spams it because Malenia recovers health on every hit and her Waterfowl will effectively get her back whatever health Tiche took.

Tiche is incredibly useful against Malenia, perhaps even better than the Mimic Tear but she can hardly solo her unless maybe you go for something niche that maximizes allies buffs and healing.
Yes, as I said, I played through the Blasphemous Blade build (STR / Faith), which, in addition to buffs, uses healing. In fact, my fight looked something like this, I just stood there and spammed Taker's Flames continuously, when I ran out of mana I just drank blue bottles, at which time she hit her in the back. Every time Taker's Flames hits a boss, it falls to the ground and rises very slowly. In general, the fight turned out to be incredibly fast and easy.

Pejo

Tim And Eric Laughing GIF

Tree sentinel filtering so many players. I wouldn't be surprised if he caused quite a few casual players to quit outright.

Gaiff

Yes, as I said, I played through the Blasphemous Blade build (STR / Faith), which, in addition to buffs, uses healing. In fact, my fight looked something like this, I just stood there and spammed Taker's Flames continuously, when I ran out of mana I just drank blue bottles, at which time she hit her in the back. Every time Taker's Flames hits a boss, it falls to the ground and rises very slowly. In general, the fight turned out to be incredibly fast and easy.
Yeah, you need to buff and help her. If you just let her go toe to toe with Malenia, she does alright and if RNG is on your side, she might even clear phase 1 but phase 2 will kill her fast.

You don't like Souls-like games or you don't like Souls games? There's a difference.

If you actually played and didn't like Souls games, you either won't like Elden Ring or you just never reached that point where most Souls got where they suddenly "got it" and went from not liking them to absolutely loving them.

Mayar

Neo Member
Yeah, you need to buff and help her. If you just let her go toe to toe with Malenia, she does alright and if RNG is on your side, she might even clear phase 1 but phase 2 will kill her fast.
This is a very funny case, in general the game was quite simple, the only bosses on which I died several times are Godskin Duo (I hate this fight), Dragonlord Placidusax (His lasers in the second phase just do some inadequate damage and I did not immediately understand how dodge them), Radahn (Just because I tried to play without summons and tried to kill him 1v1 and it's really hard...), Mohg Lord of Blood (It was absolute hell because I didn't know that you need a special item to kill him...), but at the same time I calmly went to Malenia and killed her on the first try in a few minutes =)

RagnarokIV

You don't like Souls-like games or you don't like Souls games? There's a difference.

If you actually played and didn't like Souls games, you either won't like Elden Ring or you just never reached that point where most Souls got where they suddenly "got it" and went from not liking them to absolutely loving them.
Steam shows me as having 42.8 hours on DS3 (I liked sunshine co-op) and I finished DS1 Remastered but I got so fatigued after Sen's Fortress that I got lazy and rushed the rest (I ended up using the Estus drink/parry exploit on last boss). I thought they were ok, but sadly it never clicked.
Based on the responses, I'm guessing ER won't be for me so I'll keep an eye for when it's super cheap on Steam.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Steam shows me as having 42.8 hours on DS3 (I liked sunshine co-op) and I finished DS1 Remastered but I got so fatigued after Sen's Fortress that I got lazy and rushed the rest (I ended up using the Estus drink/parry exploit on last boss). I thought they were ok, but sadly it never clicked.
Based on the responses, I'm guessing ER won't be for me so I'll keep an eye for when it's super cheap on Steam.
It's literally a carbon copy of Dark Souls 3 gameplay, with the same animations and everything, but placed on an open world. The art design is fantastic, as usual. The open world level design is actually great, in terms of laying out the rocks and landscapes in a way so that you can organically explore and see objectives in the short, medium and long distance without excessive use of waypoints or markers. The difficulty balancing is all over the place given the size of the game, and the influence of Sekiro combat (enemy speed, aggressiveness) combined with Dark Souls 3 player moveset which was not necessarily designed for that.

You will likely enjoy the game for 40-65 hours and then bail on it before the end. That's more than many full priced games, but that's probably exactly how it'll go down for you. It's much larger than Dark Souls.

Mayar

Neo Member
From the stats, it seems that PvP is not as popular as some people try to make it out to be.
There is nothing surprising in this, there is no balance in the game (there are unrealistically strong meta builds in the game), plus if we take a PC a fairly large amount of cheaters.

Gaiff

From the stats, it seems that PvP is not as popular as some people try to make it out to be.
Because it's just annoying. They made it better with the coliseum but by and large, PvP just aggravates people and most just don't feel like dealing with the bullshit.

Solidus_T

Proud to say I got a chance to fight and beat pre-nerf Radahn. I suppose that is why I wasn't as jarred by Malenia as others, though she is the toughest boss in this game.

Mayar

Neo Member
The biggest misunderstanding about this game is that it's a Souls game, which means it's hard. I love this game (Although my favorite Soul is still Bloodborne), but there is a huge difference between - this is your first soul game and you play blind, or we start using guides. If you use guides this game is the easiest in the series and to be honest it doesn't work fundamentally.

Because if we use guides, the whole game turns into a circus.

what we do:
1) We die quickly in training, we run after the horse
2) Get a horse
3) We teleport back to the beginning, jump off the cliff to the beach, pick up a golden leg that gives increased experience
4) We take a weapon with bleeding Uchigatana or Morning Star (you can not kill anyone, but just quickly run and collect)
5) We teleport to the Dragon, eat the paw, kill through bleeding, here we are already level 40-45
6) Quickly do the White Mask Varré quest chain, and get access to Mohgwyn Palace, buy a bow or crossbow and arrows from the first merchant, teleport there, run to the cliff and shoot the bird, it falls off the cliff and gives us about 14000 for each kill if you are not in a hurry for an hour, you will be level 100-120
7) Then we just look at the wiki for the necessary things for you, according to the build and collect them (if you have DEX - you can use to end game Uchigatana)
8) Again, you can not kill everyone, just run past if there is such an opportunity, killing ordinary opponents in this game is a waste of time
9) Be sure to loot from the chest Mimic Tear Ashes

After spending 2-3 hours on preparation, I congratulate you, you completed the game, then you can stupidly go and one-shot all the bosses in the game

Griffon

Malenia is one tough boss but you can skip her if needed.
Indeed, I don't even know where she is or how to get to her. And I'm at the last boss.

(Yep been playing extremely slowly, it's no joke when I say I don't enjoy that game nearly as much as the other souls).

Last edited:

NoobSmog

Rock sling?
Rock sling is busted because the AI doesn't know how to deal with the delay from the cast to when it's actually going to hit them. First time through I used a str build on ps5. I went back to quickly get ps4 plat for fun with magic and summons and rock sling carried me through like half the game.

Fredrik

I always hear how good it is but I tried and just don't find it very useful. It's extremely popular though.
It’s great with meteorite staff, a bit slow to get going but you also slow down enemies attacks and it’s not too expensive on fp, with enough int some bosses won’t even reach you. One of my favorites for sure.

Last edited:

killatopak

I refuse to believe Valiant Gargoyle isn’t there,

Yes, I’m stuck on those two bosses. Margit in comparison was cake walk and first tried him.

geary

I refuse to believe Valiant Gargoyle isn’t there,

Yes, I’m stuck on those two bosses. Margit in comparison was cake walk and first tried him.
Ahhh, those mofos…i had to use mimic when the second one came down to keep him busy.

Lol, yeah, I still remember early Dark Souls where assholes would invade in the Undead Burg/Parish. I'd get one-shotted and barely do damage and wondered why. Turns out it was a popular noob-crushing spot where experienced players would invade at low levels equipped with maxed out gear. The noobs didn't know better and thought they were walking into a fair fight.

Radagon is a bit of a head-scratcher unless they also consider the Elden Beast part.

I would have thought a boss like the Godskin Duo or the Fire Giant would have made the top 5.

Radagon is in the top hardest 3 bosses for me.

Radahan I don’t get. I’ve no-hit him so many times. Unless all those stats are pre-nerd, which they surely aren’t.

Shocked Fire Giant isn’t up there.

Mayar

Neo Member
crystal torrent, wat. That spell is useless.
Well, this is not a top spell, but not so bad either, as I understand it, when they considered the data, they took all the data from the very start of the game, as soon as it came out. Because if you look at Incantations, there is The Flame of Frenzy in 4th place, Frenzy was very nerfed in recent patches, so if you take version 1.0 and now 1.0.8, these are absolutely two different spells in terms of strength.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
The biggest misunderstanding about this game is that it's a Souls game, which means it's hard. I love this game (Although my favorite Soul is still Bloodborne), but there is a huge difference between - this is your first soul game and you play blind, or we start using guides. If you use guides this game is the easiest in the series and to be honest it doesn't work fundamentally.
I concur. The game is more fun if players don't cheat and don't look up cookie cutter builds that play the game for them. And more then half in typical fashion look up guides. :messenger_unamused:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
I exploit rock sling all the time... in fact you can cheese several dragons to death with almost zero risk if you have a little patience with it.

Top Bottom