• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring closed beta times/dates and 'I got a key' thread

Fake

mad the rock GIF

spons

Gold Member
Same here, it was in my Gmail's promotion folder. Time to speedrun this shit on my Xbox.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
No code yet, but I’ll check again later. I’ve already paid for a copy of the game digitally. It doesn’t matter to me, but it would have been exciting to play.

WitchHunter

Why on earth would someone ruin the surprise a fresh game provides? I never understood. Buy the game, turn off the lights, no internet until game finished.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Why on earth would someone ruin the surprise a fresh game provides? I never understood. Buy the game, turn off the lights, no internet until game finished.
They need to do it for QA reasons. It’s not a Trial version. This is to test network and playability features. You can’t stream it because it’s still considered a “work in progress”. They aren’t treating this as a demo at all. It only has that mileage by the screaming fans on the webs. I would be in a happier mood if I got a code, but I’m not taking it to heart if I don’t get one. I picked PS5 too.

WitchHunter

They need to do it for QA reasons. It’s not a Trial version. This is to test network and playability features. You can’t stream it because it’s still considered a “work in progress”. They aren’t treating this as a demo at all. It only has that mileage by the screaming fans on the webs. I would be in a happier mood if I got a code, but I’m not taking it to heart if I don’t get one. I picked PS5 too.
They already know everything. They are just spreading morsels to see the fans on all fours. ; P

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I mean no offense, but have you played a Miyazaki From game? You have to beat the game twice, watch 3 hours of lore explanation videos by vaatividya and then read the 45 page thesis by redgrave to understand what you just experienced. Nothing will get spoiled from a network test.

WitchHunter

I mean no offense, but have you played a Miyazaki From game? You have to beat the game twice, watch 3 hours of lore explanation videos by vaatividya and then read the 45 page thesis by redgrave to understand what you just experienced. Nothing will get spoiled from a network test.
Yeah and you gonna start seeing flying pugs while walking on the street and also start to think that there is some kind of side meaning to the bread's texture.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I'm in. Praise the muthafuckin sun!

Sorry if it feels like I'm gloating. Sorry for those who did not get selected.

Hestar69

From software fan since Kings field games no code.. GGs to the ppl who got in I hope the games amazing!

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Yes, those times are terrible!! Super early (and have to go to work) and some in the early afternoon (I'm still at work), 9pm to midnight (I get up at 4 am so I go to be early). Why can't we get like a 4-9pm?

Reactions: Isa

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Yes, those times are terrible!! Super early (and have to go to work) and some in the early afternoon (I'm still at work), 9pm to midnight (I get up at 4 am so I go to be early). Why can't we get like a 4-9pm?
If you can't use your code and it's for ps, I'll use it and let you know how it goes at any time that's convenient for you.

SyberWolf

i also got a key, but looking at those times, i will probably die at work.
because i can only play it when it is the 4 to 7 am time slot.

Bartski

Gold Member
Times are same worldwide, thats a bad luck timezone. I have some starting at 4am too. Not missing those either

Wooxsvan

congrats to all the lucky who got their keys. Does anyone know what time the youtubers embargo goes up tomorrow?

I don’t even remember signing up but got an email today with a key. I’ll give it a whirl, massive From fan so looking forward to it although I don’t think I’ll be playing too much, don’t want to ruin the surprise and awe of playing it for the first time.

Top Bottom