• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring DLC Allegedly Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airbus Jr

Banned

Elden Ring Barbarians Of The Badlands, Tekken 8 Among Games Allegedly Leaked Via Bandai Namco Hack​

EMqi78i.jpg

The DLC for Elden Ring is titled Barbarians of the Badlands, based on alleged information rumored to have been leaked via a major Namco Bandai ransomware attack. Malware tracker vx-underground, which discovered a claim by infamous ransomware gang ALPHV (also known as BlackCat), first reported the incident.

The leaked information contains what appears to be a presentation slide (note: the tweet has since been deleted) from Bandai Namco’s forthcoming Fiscal Year 2023 report, featuring names of unannounced titles, such as the Elden Ring expansion/DLC titled Barbarians of the Badlands as well as Tekken 8

The full list of unannounced games and their respective release window within Bandai Namco Fiscal Year 2023 is as follows:

• Dragonball The Breakers (Q1 FY 2023)
  • Little Nightmares III (Q2 FY 2023)
  • Dragonball Fighter Z (Q2 FY 2023)
  • Digimon Story Cybersleuth 2 (Q2 FY 2023)
  • Elden Ring Barbarians of the Badlands (Q3 FY 2023)
  • Tales of Ascension (Q3 FY 2023)
  • Tekken 8 (Q3 FY 2023)
  • Code Vein 2 (Q4 FY 2024)
  • One Punch Man Fighters Association (Q4 FY 2023)
  • Dragonball Xenoverse 3 (Q4 FY 2023)
Based on this information, it appears that Elden Ring Barbarians of the Badlands and Tekken 8 are both scheduled for release sometime during Bandai Namco’s third Quarter, which would fall somewhere between July and September 2023.

elden-ring-4.jpeg

Elden Ring is a 2022 action role-playing game developed by FromSoftware and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment. Hidetaka Miyazaki, who also served as the director, produced the game with the help of fantasy author George R. R. Martin, who developed its backstory and world building. It was released on February 25, 2022 for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.

From Software’s open world action role-playing game is played in the third person perspective and emphasizes combat and exploration. It has characteristics in common the studio’s previous titles, including the Souls series, Bloodborne, and Sekiro. Players can freely explore the six primary sections of the Lands Between, which are set in an open environment and contain places like castles, tunnels, and tombs. The main form of mobility for exploring these massive locations is the protagonist’s steed, Torrent. The demigods that control each region function as the game’s primary bosses.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
. . .already being discussed, and even if it weren't, shouldn't there be some attribution in this post to the original site this was pulled from?

BossLackey

Gold Member
I hope this is true. Not just for Elden Ring, but I'm legit excited about a lot of the other things here.

EDIT: Fake :(

Last edited:

Fbh

The barbarians of the badlands sounds like an expansion to The Settlers of Catan or something like that.

That alone should indicate it's fake

levyjl1988

Banned
So Code Vein 2 was fake? :(
It has so much potential.
Make an anime for Cove Vein, release Code Vein on Switch, make a sequel, and build the franchise, it's not so hard.

this is fake. I also can’t imagine a company like FromSoft using that kind of title in a game like Elden Ring. In addition to that, looking at previous titles, I imagine that DLC for that will come much sooner than Q3 2023. That’s a long ways off

peronmls

Code Vein was really bad and shouldn't get a sequel. That's what gave it away... and Barbarians of the Badlands subtitle for Elden Ring. lol wut?

wOs

What is the point of there are no details? I think everyone expects dlc for Elden Ring. Though I was surprised seikero didn't get any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom