• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring gameplay leaked

nkarafo

You mean the "final area you can visit at anytime, but you probably should not" probably.
No, thats the castle, the towers are the ones you climb so you can open parts of the map when you reach the top.

You can always see them from a great distance, just like those weird trees.

Last edited:

Ezquimacore

Banned
No, thats the castle, the towers are the ones you climb so you can open parts of the map when you reach the top.

You can always see them from a great distance, just like those weird trees.
Maybe each area has a different tree with different elements, fire tree should look badass.

Antwix

I downloaded an MP4. Where should I host it to share?

I'd be grateful as I appear to have missed it by like 5 minutes :(

Bartski

Gold Member
re-up:

from r/Eldenring u/Okarin_9:

pqvznZ7.png

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I'm playing Ghost of Tsushima at 60fps on my PS5 right now, and yeah, this kinda looks like a PS3 game in comparison. Not very impressive. But that's exactly what I was expecting from FROM, so I'm not too disappointed. I'll be there for the gameplay, and I can deal with the outdated visuals as long as it runs at a flawless 60 on PS5/XSX (if it doesn't that's pretty much inexcusable).

Nickolaidas

Love the artstyle, but tech wise it's rather underwhelming.
And that's saying it lightly.

Any other game - a new IP - appearing from an unknown company looking like this? Everyone would be laughing right now.

Bluepoint raised the bar in the Souls games, and now FROM's technical skills are sorely lacking.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
This game is the same generation as Dark Souls 3.

Why would it look much better than dark souls 3? The game is made for ps4 and xbox one. It’s prob going to be 4k 60 on ps5/series/pc. And 1080 30 on the ps4 and one. I kinda wish they used the blue point engine but that’s made for ps5.

it needs to run on XB1 and PS4. apparently this is the XB1 version. PS5/XSX should look better but don't expect anything drastic.

Just look at the trees and grass in the leak versus Sekiro. They might have had to take a step back graphically to make the game open world and if that's the case, it's disappointing. As I said before I'm not expecting a true next gen game, i just didn't expect to go significantly backward.

Spacefish

I wanted something different visually from From

Sekiro and Bloodborne were so unique and gorgeous. This looks like Dark Souls 4.

Will be fun to play, but screenshots and videos dont excite me because I feel like I have seen it all before
Sekiro and BB are from a separate team, this is the DS 2-3 team. I'm not excited for this game at all but I'm hype for whatever they announce next. There's continual disappointment because this game had a ridiculous hype cycle based on a cg trailer.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Much rather have a Shadow of the Colossus style guiding light beam like than a compass.

Or what GoT did. The guiding wind was such a genius move. Especially the way you don't actually have to activate the big wind gusts to see where you need to go, but can just watch for the subtle wind cues that are present at all times.

Last edited:

Mozzarella

Yeah it looks a bit rough graphics wise, we can see the textures are not really of high quality. I also dont like how the world looks empty and dead, i understand what they are going for but its supposed to be their magnum opus, should have made a world with at least one town that feels like the open world rpg out there. At least a town with some life into it, some NPCs, quests, shops etc.. something new.
Other than that the game gives Dark Souls vibes with Sekiro smooth movements and it looks like it going to be great, hope its even better than Dark Souls or Sekiro but im starting to have my doubts now.

bender

What time is it?
Saw a leaked Elden Ring video, wrote a song about it, want to hear it, here it go:

*sings*

Eagles, Jumping, Eagles, Jumping, Jumping Eagles, Hollow Tree
Eagles, Jumping, Eagles, Jumping, Jumping Eagles, Hollow Tree

TheMan

"gameplay" is a strong word for this but cool to see realtime footage.

And yup, looks like an open world Dark Souls. It will probably be good although I just can't get into the games, hard as I try.

Last edited:

Larxia

Why would it look better when it is last gen game?
I.... what? I don't understand your reply at all.

So you're saying that it looks like this because it's also releasing on previous gen? Meaning that it's not possible to have something better looking than this on ps4/one?
What about Red Dead Redemption, Horizon Zero Dawn and such? I'm just naming a few but there are even some ps3 games, when played on pc at high resolutions, that look much better than this footage of elder ring, so your reply doesn't really make much sense if it means what I think.

It's strange, sometimes it feels like when a new generation is out, people instantly forget everything about the previous one and think it looked like ps1 or something.

Also, I say it just in case because I can see replies incoming, I'm not saying Elden Ring has to look like Red Dead Redemption 2 or anything, I only gave examples to counter your argument about last gen not being able to provide better than this.

Mister Wolf

This game could use some RTX options on PC. Give us some RT Global Illumination. I might just use Reshade and add SSGI myself. Better than what they're doing.

Last edited:
Could be a very early build, not gonna base anything on a few seconds of leaked footage. That being said FROM games have always been more about atmosphere than technical prowess with some ugly ass textures and hair raising framerate, and anyone expecting ER to be a stunning graphical showcase in the vein of the DS remake is just deluding themselves.

Fuz

Banned
My biggest fear about this game has been cleared. ❤️

I just hope we could move the compass higer.

Top Bottom