• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring gameplay leaked

tassletine

My my main concern with this game was that From would be stretched too thin.

That clip looked terrible. It could well have been knocked up as a fake though as there's no real gameplay there.
If it's real I I hope that clip is from an early build, or someone is deliberately trying to make the game look bad -- possibly to force From's hand into releasing some proper footage.

dDoc

Although it's weird because people say graphics don't matter on these games, kind of paradoxal

But they led us to expect way better graphics than the actual finished game. Together with the lack of darkness that was promised as a gameplay feature (ok might not have worked out in reality, but was advertised as such), incredibly bad transitions between levels and other stuff - it made a bad name for itself.

kicking kyle broflovski GIF by South Park

Excited Uncle Sam GIF by U.S. Soccer Federation

Last edited:
I usually don’t like when a game series goes open world, but I think that they specifically made a new IP to try out open world level design with Dark Souls style combat. If this were actually Dark Souls 4, then the open world would give me more pause.

This is something different though, so if they experiment with the “Souls” formula and it doesn’t work out, then it’s not like they ruined Dark Souls. Plus they said the game would have more traditional “Souls” areas/dungeons/whatever you wanna call them.

Honestly after playing Demons’ through DaS3 it’s good they they’ve made games that deviate more from the Fromula like BB, Sekiro, and now Elden Ring. If ER ends up disappointing, then at least it’ll be an attempt at something new. But I don’t think it will disappoint. I already saw a screenshot with a twin blade, which makes me more excited than it probably should because I’m hoping the game has as much build variety as Dark Souls 2.

Also it’ll probably look significantly (but not drastically) better on XS/PS5.

Reyziak

I don’t care what the RTX nerds say, Bluepoint’s Demon’s Souls is still the most graphically impressive game I’ve ever seen. It blows my mind constantly. When will we get something of this calibre again?
Probably when Sony or whoever hires a studio of graphical wizards to create a game to act as a graphical showcase for the PS6/next XBox/next Nintendo console/whatever.

EDIT: just don't expect From to adopt similar graphics as the Demon's Souls remake anytime soon, if ever.

Last edited:

martino

Some of you are crazy lol.

Bloodborne looks like a PS3 game now?

lol
Clearly
this is latest from games vistas with ps4 hardware in mind...
image-asset.png
my8Pr8b.jpg
012_1456754045.jpg
20160423211700_1.jpg
tumblr_inline_o6afyjml9p1sy6ztf_1280.jpg

and in term of da each of this situation impressed me more than the micro detail of all corridor of a ps3 remake than was never done to show this kind of things (this is only a small selection limited by what a quick research can find)
to each its own i guess.

Last edited:

NT80

the area in the leaked footage looked the same as the trailer. even more evident after the network test video. who cares though. work in progress
Huh? It still looked better in the new network test video. Someone actually put up a comparison shot in one of those threads. The forest area doesn't look empty and the ground is far more detailed. Those shots are so different they can't be from the same game unless there's enormous differences between the formats.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
i hope they can do more on these "elemental builds"
I always feel like faith build kinda underwhelming, the damage formula just isnt good

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Has a CE edition been announced yet? I miss the old hard copy souls strategy guides.
Nope. Still under the coming soon or announced section on PSN. I bet we won’t see it until maybe after the stress test. That’s my wild guess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom