• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring Gets a First Person Mod

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The first-person perspective mod is titled "First Person Souls" and provides gamers with a way to play FromSoftware's RPG from a first-person perspective. Although the mod was released on Nexus Mods, the developer of the mod, Dasaav, released a trailer to YouTube, which shows multiple clips of different scenarios from the game, including melee combat, ranged combat, riding mounts, and fighting bosses. For gamers who have played Elden Ring since its release, the change could take a lot of getting used to, but it's definitely a fresh new way to experience the game and is a great experience to start a new playthrough. Perhaps most intriguing is how the mod would affect Elden Ring's combat, with Soulslikes traditionally famous for their difficult-yet-rewarding combat systems.

VR mode should be next, then.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Melee combat in first person is an aberration and shouldn't exist.
5WboGrX.jpg

8LDXJzF.gif

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I am aware of it but still can't get behind first person and melee.
I haven't tried the King's field but already in Skyrim it putted me off.

The only one I tolerate was the light saber in Jedi Knight and yet I was most of the time switching to third person for those fight.
Horses for courses though, if you find it crap then fair enough. The one thing that gets me in first person mode is platforming. Both Turoks almost drove me insane, Doom Eternal.. pissh.

I think the only game i've ever enjoyed it in was Jumping Flash.

Ansphn

How can anyone best this game in FPS? The way certain enemies can move makes this almost impossible to beat in FPS.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
How can anyone best this game in FPS? The way certain enemies can move makes this almost impossible to beat in FPS.
Imagine trying dodge Malenia’s waterfowl dance attacks in first person.

Last edited:
Top Bottom