• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring had one of the ‘biggest launches ever’ on YouTube

Draugoth

Gold Member

According to YouTube, From Software’s game amassed 3.4 billion video views in 60 days, In comparison, Grand Theft Auto V racked up 1.9 billion views during its first 60 days.
Other big video game launches included Red Dead Redemption 2 (1.4 billion views), Super Mario Odyssey (828 million views), The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (638 million views) and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (456 million views).

YouTube Gaming didn’t say Elden Ring was its biggest gaming launch ever.

FZLYXc9WYAEtAdw

Margit, The Fell Omen was the most popular Elden Ring video upload in terms of bosses, while Samurai was the most popular in terms of character class.

Jennings

All I'm gonna say is that the 2 (so far) Max0r videos are a must watch for any Elden Ring fan. So hilarious. One of the best Elden Ring experiences besides the game itself. Millions of views each and half of those are probably me rewatching them to make sure I see all the jokes.

Last edited:

MDSLKTR

I thought GoW 2018 would be up there, every video I saw back then was minimum 300k views within a couple days

Dorago

From games in general are their own cottage industry on Youtube. Build variety and play styles are high. The game have lots of secrets and glitches. The story is told via item descriptions and environmental contextual clues. How could they NOT have videos made about them?

Question is whether this will keep up when the next big game is an Armored Core sequel.

Top Bottom