• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring has sold 12 million units

RafterXL

Banco doesn’t own anything… they are just the publishers.

All IPs with exception of Demon’s Souls and Bloodborne are owned by From Software.
Not true. Bamco owns the Dark Souls IP. I'm almost positive the way they are talking about making Elden Ring a property outside of gaming that they own it as well.

Here's a direct quote from Miyazaki when talking about remakes:

"It seems like there was a misunderstanding in a previous interview in relation to a remake or a remastering of the game, so let me reiterate here. The Dark Souls series is Bandai Namco Entertainment’s IP, and Demon’s Souls and Bloodborne is Sony Interactive Entertainment’s IP. Hence, the decision to do a remake or remastering is under their jurisdiction. For me and for From Software, I don’t think we’ll be involved with their happening, but it could happen through another developer."

The most amazing thing about this is that this is Froms 6th game in a 10 period. While other studios can barely put out 2 games during that time (Bethesda)
If you mean 10 years period, From Software has actually produced 12 (13) games. You counted only the "Soulsborne" games, but not stuff like Armoured Core, Deracine' or Steel Battalion

CosmicComet

Banco doesn’t own anything… they are just the publishers.

All IPs with exception of Demon’s Souls and Bloodborne are owned by From Software.
Wrong.

Bamco is listed as the copyright holder for both DS and ER. From is listed as a co-holder but Bamco's name is first.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I am going for a Faith/Strength build right now. ANy suggestions for best weapons in the early/mid/late? I want faith Incantations to be my main form of damage. I am still a LONG way from being able to respec, but I could be convinced to abandon Strength and focus on Dex if better weapons are available.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I am going for a Faith/Strength build right now. ANy suggestions for best weapons in the early/mid/late? I want faith Incantations to be my main form of damage. I am still a LONG way from being able to respec, but I could be convinced to abandon Strength and focus on Dex if better weapons are available.
I've almost beaten the game as a STR/FTH chad. Have been mostly using a longsword made into heavy so it scales just with STR, as it has a good combo, both slash and pierce, and I can electrify it for additional damage.

I have had a lot of fun playing this way, it's like doing a warrior/knight but with some extra flavour.

hlm666

Still hitting over 700k ccu on steam, still top of the best seller chart. Ubisoft in the process of finalizing next asscreed game name, Assassins Creed: Hunt for the Elder Souls. Everything 1 shots you but you can pay with real money mtx to recover your "mystic energy" that gets left where you die.

Suck me Ubisoft.

I'm not so sure that Elden Ring will be a series going forward.

With From Software's talent, the IP is kind of inconsequential. I'm sure after all the huge success they will want to own their IP completely for their next project. They can basically write their own check.

Last edited:

Tg89

Well deserved. Early leader for GOTG, can't imagine it being surpassed by anything not also made by FROM.

Pedro Motta

While the shipped number refers to units that have been sent to retail, Bandai Namco claimed last month that the game had sold 12 million units by March 14.
Well, it's not the 20+ Million some were claiming, sales really slowed down past first 2 weeks.

DukeNukem00

Banned
12 million in less than 2 month this will surpass dark souls 3 numbers congrats

its 12 million in the first 2 weeks, not months. All in all, a respectable number. Its also the 6th most played game in steam's history, just behind Cyberpunk. I hope we'll get some PC specific numbers. Im sure it sold the bulk of it there, but it'd be interesting to know the exact percentage.

Last edited:

MayauMiao

I have yet to play this game as my PC is underpower. Saving up for huge upgrade and by the time I do so, it will have a nice discount.

Just_one

im probably the only person but i just dont find the game fun to play.

i understand the fascination of the game , its a beautiful game (even though horizon is miles better im sorry)

it has the same problem that bloodbourne had (not surprising) , it has a very slow gameplay, its not the right word , the motion of the enemies and your own when attacking just is slow. its not a framerate issue at all, its just slow.

Also the evade movement is slow as well.

off course everyone will say "oh get good" so im here for it.

Shipped 13 odd million physical, so this doesn't include digital? maybe it is near 20 mil...
Wait does shipped mean just physical? I thought it included both.

I'd bet physical to digital is basically 50/50 at this point on consoles and PC is basically 100% digital.

i understand the fascination of the game , its a beautiful game (even though horizon is miles better im sorry)

it has the same problem that bloodbourne had (not surprising) , it has a very slow gameplay, its not the right word , the motion of the enemies and your own when attacking just is slow. its not a framerate issue at all, its just slow.

Git gud

But seriously even most Souls fans feel similarly at first. But, something brings us back, often weeks later and go with a different mindset and then everything clicks and we "get it". I had that moment in Demon's Souls on PS3 and never looked back.

MiguelItUp

I absolutely cannot wait to see what we get from FS in the future.

You're most certainly not the only person, there are plenty that feel the same way. For me, I couldn't get into the games whatsoever ever since Demon's Souls launched on ps3, but I kept giving them a shot. Because I loved how they looked, the universe, etc. It helped that I'm a huge Berserk fan too. It wasn't until the Demon's Souls Remake on PS5 that something clicked for me. Probably helped that I think it's one of the most beautiful games I've seen, especially on console. Then I went back and replayed everything and they all clicked as well. I left loving majority of them (I thought Dark Souls 2 was fine.)

Folks that joke saying "Git Gud" are one thing, but those those getting sassy are just hardcore fans, or fans that don't understand how opinions work, haha. I hope that some day they click for you, but if they don't, hey, it's no biggy.

Ladioss

I wonder if the new armored core will be open world like this
I'm seriously wondering about this. Probably not because :
- open world is not cheap and a new 2022 AC game will probably not being made on a AAA budget
- maps are a better fit for the structure of a AC game (you are a merc, you fulfill missions and your mech needs reloading & some heavy maintenance in-between)

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Amount of hype this game got is cazy, bet most people did not complete it lol
At least on PS5, the trophy rates are really surprising to me because they indicate most players are getting very far in the game and persevering through some of the most difficult sections. I think the platinum is currently sitting around 10% completion and another trophy called Great Rune, which you only get after beating multiple bosses and discovering an easy to miss path is around 60%. Lichdragon Fortissax is 26%, Mohg is 35%! Those fights were super hard for me to beat. Crazy to think of how many players beat them.

For perspective, in FF7Remake only 86% of players made it past the opening cutscene to unlock Warming Up, which you get for pressing a button when the game starts.

Have you tried experimenting with the weight of equipment? Have you tried using the lightweight blood-loss daggers and swords? I'm late game, and while the game isn't anime speeds or whatever you may be looking for, pvp is faster paced than other FROM games and I wouldn't compare ER to BB for anything. Did you play Sekiro?

I'm not criticizing your opinion, just trying to understand how much and which from games you actually played.

Tg89

Amount of hype this game got is cazy, bet most people did not complete it lol
Eh, imagine lots are still playing. I have a couple friends that are still going, 120+ hours in but still going.

It's a long ass game, I clocked in at 90 hours completing most of the stuff. I've also played every Souls game so I'd imagine my playtime will be considerably less than a lot of players who are getting into this series for the first time. Even if we assume new players will clock in at 100 hours...that's about 10 hours a week since release...most people aren't playing that much.

omegasc

so almost the same number as the fps counter in quality mode :messenger_beaming:
I still need to start this one for real. Just created a char and passed the first min tutorials, basically.

Last edited:
Top Bottom