• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING Patch 1.3 is available with multiple changes

Draugoth

Gold Member
FOBWDKOVkAQz5bl

Major Changes Included in the Latest Update​

Additional Elements Added​

• Added a function to record an icon and the name of an NPC on the map when you encounter that NPC.
  • Added NPC Jar-Bairn.
  • Added new quest phases for the following NPCs: Diallos/ Nepheli Loux/ Kenneth Haight/ Gatekeeper Gostoc.
  • Added some summonable NPCs in multiple situations.
  • Increased the number of patterns of objects player can imitate when using Mimic’s Veil.
  • Added night background music for some open field area.

Bug Fixed​

• Fixed a bug that prevented summoned NPCs from taking damage in some boss battles.
  • Fixed a bug that sometime prevented the player from obtaining item after boss battle.
  • Fixed a bug that causes dialogue to be skipped when talking to NPCs and using custom key configurations.
  • Fixed a bug that causes the player to freeze when riding.
  • Fixed a bug that causes arcane to scale incorrectly for some weapons.
  • In situation where the player cannot obtain more than 2 talisman pouches, added talisman pouch to Twin Maiden Husks shop line up.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the user from warping to sites of grace from the map at the end of the game.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the player from moving to the next area after the battle with the Fire Giant.
  • Fixed a bug which causes some weapons to have incorrect scaling after strengthening.
  • Fixed a bug which causes some weapons to not use stat scaling.
  • Fixed hang-ups in certain occasions.
  • Fixed a bug which incorrectly displays multiplayer area boundary when playing online.
  • Fixed a bug that allows player to activate Erdtree Greatshield’s weapon skill without absorbing an attack using a special combination of item and incantation.
  • Fixed a bug which causes Fire’s Deadly Sin incantation to have different effect.
  • Fixed a bug with the Ash of War, Determination and Royal Knight's Resolve, where the damage buff will also apply to other weapons without that skill.
  • Adjusted the visual effect of Unseen Form spell.
  • Deleted the Ragged armor set from the game which was mistakenly obtainable in previous patch.
  • Fixed a bug that causes some hostile NPCs to drop Furlcalling Finger Remedy.
  • Fixed a bug that causes incorrect sound effect to play in some situations.
  • Fixed a bug which causes visual animation and hitboxes to not be displayed correctly on some maps.
  • Fixed bugs which causes incorrect visual and behavior for some enemies.
  • Fixed a bug that causes incorrect stat parameter for some armor.
  • Text fixes.
  • Other performance improvement and bug fixes.

Balance Changes​

• Increased the drop rate of Smithing Stone for some enemies.
  • Added Smithing Stone to some early game shop line up.
  • Increased shield’s effectiveness.
  • Increased the damage for all offensive cracked pot items.
  • Increased the damage for the following items: Spark Aromatic/Poison Spraymist.
  • Increased the effect duration for the following items: Uplifting Aromatic/ Ironjar Aromatic.
  • Increased HP healing for Torrent when using the following items: Rowa Raisin/ Sweet Raisin/ Frozen Raisin
  • Reduced FP consumption and increased the damage of the following sorceries: Glintstone Cometshard/ Comet/ Night Comet
  • Increased the damage of the following sorceries: Gravity Well/ Collapsing Stars/ Crystal Barrage
  • Decreased FP consumption of the following sorceries: Star Shower/ Rock Blaster/ Gavel of Haima/ Founding Rain of Stars/ Stars of Ruin/Greatblade Phalanx/Magic Downpour/ Loretta’s Greatbow/ Loretta’s Mastery/ Carian Greatsword/ Carian Piercer/ Shard Spiral
  • Raised projectile speed and range of Great Glintstone Shard
  • Decreased Ash of War, Hoarfrost Stomp's damage and increase cast time.
  • Increased Ash of War, Bloody Slash's self-inflict damage while slightly lowering the damage and increasing the cast time.
  • Decreased weapon skill, Sword of Night and Flame’s damage.
  • Increased FP consumption and lower duration of Ash of War, Barricade Shield.
  • Changed FP consumption timing of Ash of War, Prelate’s Charge.
  • Decreased the damage of spirit summoned when using the item Mimic Tear Ash and changed the spirit’s behavior pattern.
  • Other enemy and weapon balance changes
The version number of this update shown at the lower right corner of the Title Screen will be as follows:

• App Ver. 1.03
  • Regulation Ver. 1.03.1
Online play requires the player to apply this update.

We will continue to provide improvement update in the future so you can enjoy "ELDEN RING" more comfortably. Please stay tune for more news.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Increased FP consumption and lower duration of Ash of War, Barricade Shield.
Ah FFS, why can't I play a block character instead of madly rolling everywhere?

Not surprised to see mimic tear and sword of night and flame get hit with the nerf bat. The first especially is an I Win Button.
You can also argue that no balance changes should be made to a mostly SP game. Don't want the game to be easy - don't use the weapon.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Ah FFS, why can't I play a block character instead of madly rolling everywhere?

You can also argue that no balance changes should be made to a mostly SP game. Don't want the game to be easy - don't use the weapon.

If you can't use ashes in MP then I agree, no real need to nerf them, just not surprised they did.

But they really do need to do some balancing on weapons/abilities for PVP, at the moment it seems like the meta is to use absurd deathblight to stunlock people into oblivion.

Last edited:

FrankWza

Well, if I get stuck in the final boss now because of some of the balance changes, I’ll definitely respec into a caster.
It was probably millions of people googling how to beat souls games. Magic came up as OP and they feared it more towards that style. Nerfed stuff is more of the vet 2 handers. Plus they made the shield more powerful
It's easy mode till you get to fast moving boss, then it's rage since there is nothing you can do, unlike melee character allowing you to get better continuously since you can survive a few hits and learn the patterns.
probably why they bumped up shield effectiveness? Easier transition

Not surprised about mimic tear and Sword of Night and Flame getting nerfed but there is so much broken shit in the game that it almost seems redundant to nerf them at all, at least the way they did. I've heard the sword beam is doing less than half the damage from pre-nerf, that is a little too much of a nerf in my book for a game like this, and I say this as someone who doesn't even use the sword. Now, I'm curious about how much hoarfrost got nerfed, because that will certainly impact the current speedrun strats.

I'm just glad they gave some QoL updates and fixed NPCs, I didn't get Bok to spawn on my game right from the start, I didn't even know he existed until I saw someone mentioning giving him the sewing kit. Another NPC quest anomaly I saw was on my brother's playthrough where Roderika was already in the roundtable even before he visited stormveil castle. So I hope this fixes most NPC problems in the game.

The_hunter

Why have the buffed the sorceries while nerfing everything else? Do they really want people to play as casters?
Because glistone pebble was better than comet lol. The FP cost was a little to high on most spells to be worth using, the FP reduction trinket was mandatory.

how much hoarfrost got nerfed, because that will certainly impact the current speedrun strats.
Does half damage, and slower cast speed.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
damn good much needed changes across the board, PvP breaking explouts are out and all broken NPC questlines fixed. Awesome update.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Where's the removal of the FPS cap? Where's the fix that disconnects my friends if I get a tutorial pop-up? Where is the native PS5 controller support + button prompts?
i don't know about all that but they ain't removing the FPS cap lol. it's staying 60fps unless you play on PC and mod it. it's great playing at 165fps :)

Bizarre that they haven’t made any changes to Incantation at all.
I play faith quality almost because I'm over leveled for where I am and using different weapons is fun, but yeah incantations really could use some work. Half of them are barely usable. Long cast times, no hyper armor or w/e it's called and zero range. They are fine to cheese some things, but they are mostly garbage outside vow, flame grant me strength and regular lightning bolt.
Oh and the flame cleanse is quite helpful.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I play on PC, but you shouldn't have to mod it. From Software should get their shit together with such a huge playerbase on PC
i know you shouldn't. they are using an old ass engine which wasn't designed to go beyond 60fps. they should definitely get their shit together.

i'm just saying they aren't going to do shit about it. Elden Ring is officially staying 60fps. only way to get higher fps is on PC with a mod.

I play faith quality almost because I'm over leveled for where I am and using different weapons is fun, but yeah incantations really could use some work. Half of them are barely usable. Long cast times, no hyper armor or w/e it's called and zero range. They are fine to cheese some things, but they are mostly garbage outside vow, flame grant me strength and regular lightning bolt.
Oh and the flame cleanse is quite helpful.
Yeah, they're trash in this game mostly. Sorcery was already a lot better and nearly every aspect of that got buffed. This is the only Souls game I haven't specialized in Faith. I knew right away it wasn't worth it when you have a save spot every 10 feet, and can get 6 flasks very quickly and more keep coming.

Bartski

Gold Member
Some late game bosses are just pure bullshit. Can't wait to see people not exploiting Godskin duo by casting hoarfrost behind a pillar. Some bosses can just go eat shit. But I'm a souls masochist, so I love having a harder time with bosses.
nah, they're fine.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Im sad, i had a character made a round that. At least the bleeding effect got buffed
i was going to build mine around it too but honestly i find myself using it less now i have the bloodhound fang. that thing kicks ass! if only i could get more somber stones to upgrade it more.

Saber

Gold Member
Interesting they changed mimic, seems like to me alot of people were overusing them as a way to deal easly with bosses.
Good thing I don't use it. Theres alot of good summons that aren't overpowered but still can help anyway.

Smithing stone buff I agree as well. Seems like enemies have a very hard time to even drop the most basic of smithing stones, and I'm not talking about 4 and beyond but the measly smithing stone level 1 is hard to drop. The other choice is getting the bell to buy it earlier.

Draugoth

Gold Member
i was going to build mine around it too but honestly i find myself using it less now i have the bloodhound fang. that thing kicks ass! if only i could get more somber stones to upgrade it more.

40 Dex with 40 Arcane is completely melting down everything. with double sword and jump talisman.

Yeah, they're trash in this game mostly. Sorcery was already a lot better and nearly every aspect of that got buffed. This is the only Souls game I haven't specialized in Faith. I knew right away it wasn't worth it when you have a save spot every 10 feet, and can get 6 flasks very quickly and more keep coming.
This is my first real souls game I've put time into and they looked so cool I wanted to use them, but most I find hard to want to use.

Side note my mimic sucked. She would always stand in something that would kill her in 5 seconds. I don't think she lived more than 1/4 of any hard boss fight.

Bartski

Gold Member
IMO Faith is much more interesting due to all the choices that aren't about pure ranged damage. True some of it is a bit redundant but so are some sorceries. I really like both tho.

TheDude108

"Fixed a bug that allows player to activate Erdtree Greatshield’s weapon skill without absorbing an attack using a special combination of item and incantation."

Thats a bit shitty imo. Was cool people found an alternate method of using that skill.

Top Bottom